Thread: Editing the building tree

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

Default Editing the building tree

Can anyone lead me to the best tutorial or how give me advice as to how to take on this task. I'm want to remove all religious buildings. Also add in a couple of my own ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Editing the building tree

To remove all religious buildings, just remove the entire church building entry from the EDB, and also remove those same entries from export_descr_buildings_enums.txt.

You have to also get rid of all "build a church" or "recruit a priest" missions from descr_missions.txt, to make it fair.

There are tons of guides on the EDB, on this forum and elsewhere on the net...

kevindrosario's Avatar Ordinarius

This would be a very difficult thing to play with because of all the religious unrest that would occur everywhere. With no religious buildings or priests, there would be no way to get rid of it. When conquering cities from factions of differing religions you will be stuck with a massive hit to public order.

You'd probably have to change every faction to the same religion and change the starting religion levels of every region in the world to that religion.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindrosario View Post
    This would be a very difficult thing to play with because of all the religious unrest that would occur everywhere. With no religious buildings or priests, there would be no way to get rid of it. When conquering cities from factions of differing religions you will be stuck with a massive hit to public order.

You'd probably have to change every faction to the same religion and change the starting religion levels of every region in the world to that religion.
    Ah, but you could just let the any other line of buildings (e.g., city hall) recruit priests/imams --- that would solve the problem without resorting to changing all the factions' religions.