Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

I was wondering would it be possible to reskin a unit in the multiplayer of shogun 2

e.g.

Attachment 180517

To this:

Attachment 180516

I have seen generals from Rome Total War reskinned whilst still being able to play online and the gen still has same stats just looks different with the armour etc and so was wondering if I could reskin nag monks from how they are now to how they are shown to be in the rise of the samurai trailer.

Also if you are able to confirm that you can do this can you possibly tell me how or show me?

Thx if anyone is able to help me here

Is there a way to make it so that units cannot climb over castle walls? It seems pointless to have a wall if people can just go through it.

Icon3 Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Quote Originally Posted by fireship4 View Post
    Is there a way to make it so that units cannot climb over castle walls? It seems pointless to have a wall if people can just go through it.
    With respect I posted this in the Shogun 2 Mod threads - Gameplay Tweak as I think it interesting...

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

sorry i replied there, i not tried to be disrespectful but you know... maybe 9 in 10 people here hate the lack of proper siege in s2tw . maybe they will release a dlc with ladders ...lol

No problem, lets hope there is a solution.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami
    Well yes you can change what units to have this ability in unit_stats_land table it's called use grappling hooks.
    But if you remove this it will completly brake gameplay during sieges since the AI has trouble enough with pathfinding as it is during siege battles.
    The rate at wich they fall of the walls i have no idea what value might affect that to be hounest.
    Anyway use packfile manager to open the packfile in question go to the table mentioned above scroll to the right and you will find this section with the grappling hooks change it from false to true or vice versa.
    EDIT 2: Actually looking at the DB for the mods I use this is already set to false. I will try true and see what happens.

EDIT 3: I changed the "Use grappling hooks" column in the mentioned database from "False" to "True" for all units and tried a custom battle but it did not seem to make a difference. I will try again by changing all of the "unused" values for one unit (e.g. Yari Ashigaru) and seeing what happens.

EDIT 4: Changing all the unused/unknown columns for yari ashigaru made the game crash. I could do them one by one but this would take a while. I might try if I have time.
    Last edited by fireship4; September 19, 2011 at 04:26 AM.

Greetings, folks.

One of the things I'm really missing about the older Total War games is the traits system. I remember that in Medieval 2 it was particularly fun sending someone off to the Crusades as a 16 year old only for him to come back aged 30 as a bona fide badass, often with scars, relics etc. I enjoyed the RPG aspects of that game. I also seem to recall that (in Rome, at least) leaving a General in a settlement with a library/university used to lead to them becoming educated.

Shogun 2 allows you to choose traits, yes, but the system is somewhat limited and leads to vast similarities across a range of generals. Are there any mods/plans to attempt to improve the trait system?

My thanks,

Descartes.

Default which are the best CAI mod and diplomacy mods?

which are the best CAI mod(recruiting moving garrison) and diplomacy(less stupid effects like be punished by a trade agreement be canceled by the other party)? theres a few around if someone tryed more then one and can give some comparison

PumpkinBread's Avatar Miles

Searching for this..

Quote Originally Posted by Ying, Duke of Qin View Post
    Already been done - there's actually at least two Kenshins floating around. A few of us actually provided the voice so she doesn't screech like your generic Taisho.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yeah. There are ways around her face being that pasty color too - however, you basically have to repatch after each patch.

Is there a mod/trick for turning off flame arrows?

They're not realistic and the second I approach any enemy army they hemorrhage fire arrows with devastating effects – mounted archers are completely nullified by them. Drives me mad.

Isn't there a mod out that frees the camera during battle in Shogun 2? Does it work in multiplayer? And is this mod generally frowned upon if it is? I don't see why it should be, but I'd rather not put off any by my use of the free camera.

Hi all, I'm new to the forums here. Was wondering if there was any sort of mod out there that essentially ported the customization options of the avatar multiplayer (ie: naming and re-coloring veteran units and choosing specific armor pieces for the general) to the singleplayer campaign.

I've looked around a bit and seen people express interest in this, but haven't seen a mod of it yet. If one hasn't been made, and if someone is willing to give advice and tips, I'd be willing to give a shot at it (though I've never modded Shogun 2 before, wouldn't even know where to start).

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a mod for Rots for double units of new clans and their heroes. Thanking you in advance and sorry for my bad English

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able/willing to make a mod based on the Imjin War (1592-1599). These were the Japanese invasions of Korea culminating in the initial collapse of the Choson Dynasty before resistance in the form of brilliant military commanders (such as admiral Yi Soon Shin and general Gwon Yul) eventually allowed Korean forces to push back the Japanese (with the aid of the Chinese and the death of Hideyoshi).

If anyone could/would do this, I would be deeply grateful.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Blarni View Post
    Is there a mod/trick for turning off flame arrows?

They're not realistic and the second I approach any enemy army they hemorrhage fire arrows with devastating effects – mounted archers are completely nullified by them. Drives me mad.
    Your bow cav should not be sticking around long enough to get shot at. Ride them up, as soon as they fire move them back. They should never be stationary. In this way the enemy infantry cant really ever hit you, as even if they do get to loose a volley at you, your horsemen because of their speed are out of range before the arrows land (i.e. the enemy is shooting where you are not).

Works in DMS anyway, not sure if vanilla still has magic homing arrows, in which case bow cav are a bit useless vs any missile unit anyway.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

is there a mod that the samurai units is like kenshin himura? or just kimono clothing only and sword. no armor. i hope there's a mod like that now. I'm desperate now...

Default Looking for Rise of the Samurai Mods

Greetings all, been playing Rise of the Samurai a fair bit over the week and although I very much like the way it plays for the most part, as with vanilla, unmodded it just didn't work for me. Almost all my issues came from the fact that it just seemed too fast, over the top running speeds and battles ending almost as soon as units got into close combat. Then tried Radious' mod for it which was fine up untill the point where I realised you had unlimited food and samurai were so overpowered that there was no point building anything else which really isn't what I'm looking for.

Essentially then as I could have just said without that rambling introduction, are then any well balanced mods out there that make battles last longer and just generally slow the pace down. I've looked around but other than a mod which increases the turns per year to 12 (which I will definitely be using) I can't really find anything for Rise of the Samurai. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Looking for Rise of the Samurai Mods

Sounds like what you really want is a generic runspeed slowing mod, maybe an armor/morale mod too. Try searching the forums; i'll take a look too. If I find something i'll post.

There isn't much mod for RoS. The best place to find is http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1551 but then I couldn't find battle balance mod for RoS that you might be interested in.

S2 mod scene is pretty depressing, if you ask me....

I've been trying to get into modding because there are quite a few things I would like to change by way of a sort of overhaul or "makeover" for Rise of the Samurai. However I'm coming into it as a noob and finding it hard going because the mod forums often seem to assume knowledge from previous warscape titles.

Things I would like to see if it possible to change/add:

1) Hata-jirushi type banners on the campaign, battle map and unit standard-bearers (hata-jirushi banners are currently used by naval units). Conch-horn musicians in units (you can hear them so why not see them?)
    2) Chinese-style junk flagships (using trade ships as a base) - the Taira are noted for using a couple.
    3) Wedge formation available to better quality Samurai Cavalry - chronicles such as the Hogen Monogatari mention "fish scales" wedge and "Cranes Wing" V-shaped defensive formation. Never seen any mention of anything resembling a "Swooping Crane" (Cantabrian circle) at this time however.
    4) Get rid of fire-bomb throwers and fire-bomb ships - complete fantasy
    5) Change many minor clan public names, mon emblems, faction colours, place names (particularly so Sengoku/Edo period clans and place names like Kubota can be changed).
    6) Tweak unit stats for things like speed, attack and defense
    7) Tweak the "Enemy of the State" (ie Realm Divide) conditions

Other things I'd like to add that are probably not possible:

1) Importance of holding the Emperor, Retired Emperor, and Imperial Regalia (the Sword, Mirror and Jewel) to secure legitimacy and to declare your enemy as outlaws
    2) Oyumi crossbow artillery. Should be rare/expensive, requiring academy and government arsenal buildings
    Last edited by Durruti1936; December 03, 2011 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durruti1936 View Post
    I've been trying to get into modding because there are quite a few things I would like to change by way of a sort of overhaul or "makeover" for Rise of the Samurai. However I'm coming into it as a noob and finding it hard going because the mod forums often seem to assume knowledge from previous warscape titles.

Things I would like to see if it possible to change/add:

1) Hata-jirushi type banners on the campaign, battle map and unit standard-bearers (hata-jirushi banners are currently used by naval units). Conch-horn musicians in units (you can hear them so why not see them?)
    2) Chinese-style junk flagships (using trade ships as a base) - the Taira are noted for using a couple.
    3) Wedge formation available to better quality Samurai Cavalry - chronicles such as the Hogen Monogatari mention "fish scales" wedge and "Cranes Wing" V-shaped defensive formation. Never seen any mention of anything resembling a "Swooping Crane" (Cantabrian circle) at this time however.
    4) Get rid of fire-bomb throwers and fire-bomb ships - complete fantasy
    5) Change many minor clan public names, mon emblems, faction colours, place names (particularly so Sengoku/Edo period clans and place names like Kubota can be changed).
    6) Tweak unit stats for things like speed, attack and defense
    7) Tweak the "Enemy of the State" (ie Realm Divide) conditions

Other things I'd like to add that are probably not possible:

1) Importance of holding the Emperor, Retired Emperor, and Imperial Regalia (the Sword, Mirror and Jewel) to secure legitimacy and to declare your enemy as outlaws
    2) Oyumi crossbow artillery. Should be rare/expensive, requiring academy and government arsenal buildings
    1) can change the banner, no new unit textures. No new battle map. No musician.

2) no new unit textures. Not possible

3) not possible

4) easy

5) also easy

6) easy

7) easy, if you mean threshold and diplomatic penalties.

1) Using retainer system? Like DLV? Not sure we can add retainers in TWS2. May also utilize event triggers. And reverse Realm Divide? Dont' think it's possible, there's no way AI can be branded as enemy of state, although a few reports suggest it might have happened for a few players.

2) See number 1 above...