Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Laetus

Default Re: BLOOD MOD

okey hope some one can make it, will be so cool to see blood on the battlefield

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

gosh what a buncha sissies..blood exists CA stop making it difficult to mod in... I miss the blood n dirt effects of M2tw

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Actually someone did, but it`s not very good. Apparently CA have made it extremely hard to Mod it in.
    Obviously...
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Actually someone did, but it`s not very good. Apparently CA have made it extremely hard to Mod it in.
    A few people did, actually, and only on arrow hits. I use Toon's but there are some others.
    PC Specs
    Mobo: MSI K9A2 Platinum AM2+/AM2 790FX CPU: AMD 8350 @ 4.3GHz GPU: 2xHD7870s RAM: 16GB Case: Antec P280

Laetus

Hope some one good can make one good

I heard CA made it really hard to mod it in because of some "grade" mechanic some countries use that prohibits selling games to minors. Cant imagine that here seeing as how my 9 year-old cousin plays gta4 and in retrospect I played the first GTA when I was younger than he is. Those rating systems really destroy the immersion of many games.

Hope CA will see the light and realize that their games are ment for mature tactical masterminds that we all are Heck maybe thats the day we get rid of all rage quitting spammers in multiplayer

Sorry for nagging I dont mean to start another 30 page yes blood, no blood argument, we all heard the personal views on blood in TW games just wanted to add CA, unofficial and unconfirmed of course

I thought it was hard to mod in in the same sense that a myriad of other things are hard to mod in, the game engine in general being harder to mod since around the release of Empire. I wasn't aware that blood was intentionally rendered harder to add by CA; is there a source for this?

In a wider sense surely a game company can't be held responsible for elements added or changed by modders, if they were all games companies would be told by their lawyers to make games completely unmoddable to avoid potential liabilities that they'd have no control over. The fact that you couldn't predict in advance or easily what modders would do with your game once in the wild seems to me to best argument against holding the company answerable for modders work. Rockstar of course got into trouble over the "Hot Coffee" mod, but that's different; it unlocked material that the developers had put in but locked up, it was not the modders who inserted it.

With the new patch, all the blood mods do not longer work.

Laetus

hope it coming a new soon, its more fun to play when you see Blod on swords and on my army LOOL

I just throw red juice at my monitor every now and again. Does the trick, but my monitor replacement rate is still higher than I prefer.

Brutalsubtlety's Avatar Decanus

Icon11 Re: BLOOD MOD

War without blood? Was there an excessive use of chemical weapons in feudal Japan?

Really how can 300, 3,000 men with swords have at it and there be no blood.
    None. Perhaps the Japanese soldiers were all seriously anaemic?

LOL marceror. That is a very nice makeshift solution!

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Hello gentlemen, long time lurker first time poster.

I'm looking for a mod that will make a few changes to the CAI, mainly to stop the AI recruiting too many archer units and to get some more heavy infantry. Other than that I want to keep things as close to vanilla as possible. I might also consider a few battle tweaks such as slightly less accuracy for archers and a slower battle pace.

I tried Darthmod but uninstalled it pretty quickly because I thought the archers had been toned down way too much and the Ikko-Ikki were far too powerful in the early game. Although the care and attention that went into it is obvious, it just wasn't for me. I've taken a close look at Realism but I think it changes from vanilla a little too much for me.

So yeh basically what I'm after is a few tweaks to make the CAI build more balanced armies with less archers and more infantry / cav. So far I've only found mods that change a bit too much.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by duffin; May 16, 2011 at 10:47 PM.

Icon3 Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Hi, first time poster here...

Because I am an avid player of Romance of three kingdoms (especially XI) and Nobunaga's Ambitions by Koei, I would like to know whether a mod that develop the game to follow the original history and more personalized generals?

CA missed out on in-depth story and the bountiful mighty generals which can take this game on a higher scale. Why always spawn generic generals? is it cause Koei holds the copyrights of Sengoku Jidai chars?

If only RoTK wars are fought like Total Wars , if only Total wars has the campaign of RoTK complete with duels and debates

PLease tell me there is a mod like that...

Over the hills...

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Quote Originally Posted by duffin View Post
    Hello gentlemen, long time lurker first time poster.

I'm looking for a mod that will make a few changes to the CAI, mainly to stop the AI recruiting too many archer units and to get some more heavy infantry. Other than that I want to keep things as close to vanilla as possible. I might also consider a few battle tweaks such as slightly less accuracy for archers and a slower battle pace.

I tried Darthmod but uninstalled it pretty quickly because I thought the archers had been toned down way too much and the Ikko-Ikki were far too powerful in the early game. Although the care and attention that went into it is obvious, it just wasn't for me. I've taken a close look at Realism but I think it changes from vanilla a little too much for me.

So yeh basically what I'm after is a few tweaks to make the CAI build more balanced armies with less archers and more infantry / cav. So far I've only found mods that change a bit too much.

Thanks for any help!
    Have you tried Radious's AI mod? I think it changes what you wish for. Link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440985

Quote Originally Posted by SanadaYuki View Post
    Hi, first time poster here...

Because I am an avid player of Romance of three kingdoms (especially XI) and Nobunaga's Ambitions by Koei, I would like to know whether a mod that develop the game to follow the original history and more personalized generals?

CA missed out on in-depth story and the bountiful mighty generals which can take this game on a higher scale. Why always spawn generic generals? is it cause Koei holds the copyrights of Sengoku Jidai chars?

If only RoTK wars are fought like Total Wars , if only Total wars has the campaign of RoTK complete with duels and debates

PLease tell me there is a mod like that...
    Unfortunantly there is no mod like that.

Laetus

can some one please tell any one to make one if the can, a am new here so dont no any members here but am now that many of you are good at this so if you now some one ho can please give us BLOOD

TotalWarker's Avatar Ordinarius

I think the problem is not that 'CA designed it so we couldnt mod in blood'. Its more the fact that they didnt design this engine with blood in mind and the only way to do it was a partical effect which arises from a ranged weapon hitting a target.

As S2 is melee heavy it makes blood impossible apart from on arrows which will look odd if people only bleed from them. Short answer: blood aint gonna happen

It's impossible.
    CA could easily (a 5min job) add a trigger when a soldier dies or is hit with a melee weapon, which could then be used by modders to trigger a particle effect (blood spurts like in M2TW Crimson Tide) or a decal change (blood on the clothes like in M2TW Crimson Tide again).
    Without that, it isnt possible.

I could accept no blood in ETW and NTW to some extent, due to many men being killed by muskets at range.
    But anything involving swinging KATANAS, and not having blood, is the most ridiculous thing ever.
    Have you seen katanas irl slice melons? Ingame they just feel like plastic rubber swords due to no impact being felt when they swing.
    If there's no blood there is no sense of slicing and dicing, the essense of a Katana.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalWarker View Post
    As S2 is melee heavy it makes blood impossible apart from on arrows which will look odd if people only bleed from them. Short answer: blood aint gonna happen
    I've asked this before without an answer, so I'll ask again since i know nothing about modding.
    Isn't it at least somewhat remotely possible to add a ranged weapon to say, Katana Samurai, a ranged weapon that has melee range and fires invisible projectiles, and uses the normal melee animations?

That way, the fights would look like normal, but the game would count them as ranged attacks (which would mess up the defense stats and so on but bear with me), and those invisible projectiles could be used to trigger the blood as the "swing-sword" animation begins?

Or even just having an auto-fire melee range invisible projectile, firing during the normal melee attacks?
    Doing no damage, having no animation to disrupt the melee fighting, purely used to trigger blood?
    Last edited by Baleurion; May 17, 2011 at 07:51 AM.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post
    I just throw red juice at my monitor every now and again. Does the trick, but my monitor replacement rate is still higher than I prefer.
    You sir, have inspired me.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post
    Yep. I vote for this solution. I was popping veins and letting my blood ooze onto the monitor but in my latest campaign I've been having difficulty finding a convenient one that isn't already closed.