Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 690

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

  1. #61

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    sorry, but that is hardly more historical than vanilla stw2. it may look and sound pretty, but it's far from historical
    "Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living."

  2. #62
    Brips's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgium (Bruxelles)
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    It's what I wanted to say with the "...", more historical than vanilla.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

  3. #63
    Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    11,167

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Say that it is in your own opinion Sir would not hurt. Like this it can offend other modders. You doing it global which doesnt sound very good.

  4. #64
    Brips's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgium (Bruxelles)
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Say that it is in your own opinion Sir would not hurt. Like this it can offend other modders. You doing it global which doesnt sound very good.
    For sure it's my opinion, but I need to say that this mods are the most beautiful and complete too, that's the goal
    There is only 2 or 3 mods who are in "competition", most of the case I put all links possibilities, except if one is really better or complete (for now) than another.
    And overall, compatible all together! that's my goal specially when Dartmod has mods integrated.
    Goal=maximum number of compatible mods in one game.
    Last edited by Brips; May 04, 2011 at 09:24 AM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

  5. #65
    Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    11,167

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    For sure it's my opinion, but I need to say that this mods are the most beautiful and complete too, that's the goal
    There is only 2 or 3 mods who are in "competition", most of the case I put all links possibilities, except if one is really better or complete (for now) than another.
    And overall, compatible all together! that's my goal specially when Dartmod has mods integrated.
    Goal=maximum number of compatible mods in one game.
    OP name speaks something else.

    If your goal is maximum compatible mods in one game you should check my work.

  6. #66
    Brips's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgium (Bruxelles)
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    OP name speaks something else.

    If your goal is maximum compatible mods in one game you should check my work.
    I already check them (40%), but I like a big mod for gameplay etc, and then adding some minor mods after, specially visuals etc. But yes I need to read the other 60% of your work
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

  7. #67
    Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    11,167

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    I already check them (40%), but I like a big mod for gameplay etc, and then adding some minor mods after, specially visuals etc. But yes I need to read the other 60% of your work
    Well they are meant to be played together. But i decided to offer them in pieces and each piece with many versions, becaus ei dont like to tell people how they should play their game if i can let them choose. If they are put all together, then you hardly find larger overhaul mod here for Shogun 2.

  8. #68
    Brips's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgium (Bruxelles)
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Well they are meant to be played together. But i decided to offer them in pieces and each piece with many versions, becaus ei dont like to tell people how they should play their game if i can let them choose. If they are put all together, then you hardly find larger overhaul mod here for Shogun 2.
    (link for your mods posted)

    Do you think your mods together more complete and more "historical" than darthmod or realism ones?

    "in pieces and each piece with many versions, becaus ei dont like to tell people how they should play their game if i can let them choose" exactly true . But I prefer one download for gameplay that suit to me
    Last edited by Brips; May 04, 2011 at 10:09 AM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

  9. #69
    Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    11,167

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    (link for your mods posted)

    Do you think your mods together more complete and more "historical" than darthmod or realism ones?

    "in pieces and each piece with many versions, becaus ei dont like to tell people how they should play their game if i can let them choose" exactly true . But I prefer one download for gameplay that suit to me
    You didnt had to post link on my mods, that wasnt my intention.

    More complete yes, since i am changing more stuff then those overhaul mods, but thats just amount of files and tables edited, if mod is bigger/more complete again depends on personal preferences. About realism i dont care, i am doing mods to be fun to play, not to be historical document. For me is primary thing gameplay, not if this was or wasnt real/historical. TW games were never about historical facts and game was very very far to be historical correct.

    But again choose what you prefer Sir, i didnt try to tell you what you or anyone should play.

  10. #70
    Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    3,925

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Brips
    15/All factions playable:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428223
    Please just mention that does only apply for the Custom Battles - to avoid confusion of the fans - thanks!

    Other than this - yes I agree with you this is a summary of the most preferable mods for Shogun at the moment - but this is always a personal view and taste.

    Syntax
    Last edited by Syntax; May 07, 2011 at 06:33 PM. Reason: stupid use of personnel - gramatical changes

  11. #71

    Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

    Hi is there a mod which a units wear a kimono outfits? (Kenshin Himura Outfits). and have a 2 swords in his waist.

  12. #72
    Brips's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgium (Bruxelles)
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: 5/4/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    15/All factions playable:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=428223
    Please just mention that does only apply for the Custom Battles - to avoid confusion of the fans - thanks!

    Other than this - yes I agree with you this is a summary of the most preferable mods for Shogun at the moment - but this is always a personnel view of the reality.

    Syntax
    Objective, and/but subjectif.
    Oh , thanks it's done
    Last edited by Brips; May 04, 2011 at 06:10 PM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

  13. #73

    Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

    Is there a mod, or is it possible to make a mod, or will it be possible to make such mod in the future, which has more siege maps? There currently only like 4 or 5 of them, and it feels just wrong.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

  14. #74

    Default Re: 5/5/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    I don't want to hijack your thread, but modding is like in game facets - everyone has slightly different tastes.

    I really appreciate the work of all modders - wether I like the tweaks or not. I like the Radious approach a lot!

    I think "historical accuracy", or a desire to either achieve it or question mods if something isn't, is used too often - and not enough! For example, if a tweak makes the game more fun for some, does it really matter if historically it is questionable? I think not. Use it if you enjoy it. If not don't. But then there's the unhistorical things that get missed by so called "realism" or "historical" mods. For example, should a smithy only be able to be built in 3 or 4 provinces of Japan? Do master fletchers and bowmakers only get born and work in certain provinces?

    For each and every player, it is about enjoyment. for some this will mean "as close to history as possible." For others it might simply be "more fun!"

  15. #75
    Brips's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belgium (Bruxelles)
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: 5/5/11:What to do to have the most "realistic/historical" and complete compatible/modded Shogun 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecka65 View Post
    I don't want to hijack your thread, but modding is like in game facets - everyone has slightly different tastes.

    I really appreciate the work of all modders - wether I like the tweaks or not. I like the Radious approach a lot!

    I think "historical accuracy", or a desire to either achieve it or question mods if something isn't, is used too often - and not enough! For example, if a tweak makes the game more fun for some, does it really matter if historically it is questionable? I think not. Use it if you enjoy it. If not don't. But then there's the unhistorical things that get missed by so called "realism" or "historical" mods. For example, should a smithy only be able to be built in 3 or 4 provinces of Japan? Do master fletchers and bowmakers only get born and work in certain provinces?

    For each and every player, it is about enjoyment. for some this will mean "as close to history as possible." For others it might simply be "more fun!"
    Sure, never said the opposite But your speaking about overall like DM or realism mod, these mods depend on tastes, but not visuals and other mods, with these mods we choose the best, point^^.
    This list is for "noob" (or not) mod players who want a total most complete compatible modded game. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Last edited by Brips; May 06, 2011 at 04:06 AM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

  16. #76

    Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rome10 View Post
    Is there a mod, or is it possible to make a mod, or will it be possible to make such mod in the future, which has more siege maps? There currently only like 4 or 5 of them, and it feels just wrong.
    Just came here to post exactly this! I'm really bored with taking the same city again and again, its basically the reason I havent bothered starting a new campaign for a while.

    Would be even better if each town can have its own specialised map that corresponds to its position on the campaign map (eg mountains or sea to the distance in the correct direction).

  17. #77

    Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

    I'm guessing such mod will depend on CA unlocking certain files. Custom maps will never be a reality I'm afraid (unless some magical hacker hacks the system and develops an SDK of sort, which will never happen).

    What I am wishing for is maybe unlocking "hidden" maps that CA decided not to use (like the AUM mod did with units) or altering specific variables to affect the battlefield even slightly. Like having a combination of current maps, ie the waterfall castle on a hill with rivers running across... anything would be great actually, it's very dull at the moment.
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

  18. #78

    Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

    Is there a mod which replaces the original soundtracks with the ones of "Last Samurai"? That would be awesome!

  19. #79
    Laetus
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden Västerås
    Posts
    15

    Default Blood mod?

    hello im looking fore some Blood Mod?? but no one has made one yet??

  20. #80
    Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Great Britain.
    Posts
    11,147

    Default Re: BLOOD MOD

    Actually someone did, but it`s not very good. Apparently CA have made it extremely hard to Mod it in.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •