Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Mulkarn's Avatar Foederatus
    Italy, from Liguria http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liguria

Default What is the best mod that improves the AI os Shogun 2 in BATTLES ?

What is the best mod that improves the AI os Shogun 2 in BATTLES ?

That combination of mods or tweaks do you recommend to combine together a balanced game with

- smart AI in Campaign and in BATTLES
    - units slower and tith more morale that does not make vanilla troops too unbalanced
    - which should not affect any other aspect of the game (no addition of new units and any kind of thing that can conflict with my localized version of the game)

??

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: What is the best mod that improves the AI os Shogun 2 in BATTLES ?

DarthMod. Nothing more.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Battle Ai cant be modified at all in Shogun 2. Not possible since game files containing battle ai are not available with any tool released for Shogun 2. You can modify CAMPAIGN AI for which here are tons of mods, best to try them out and choose which suits you most.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Hey I was wondering if anyone has made a mod or can make a mod for adding special general/ retainer units for specific Daimyo. I know there is the Sekigahara Mod which is amazing and would be eternally grateful if they would consider taking this task on, but I just wanted to get the special generals to be commanded by the Daimyo during battles for my vanilla game. For example, I think it would be amazing to have Ranmaru Mori or Mitsuhide Aketchi in my army as Nobunaga during the campaign or even just custom battles. Or have Tadakastu Honda as Tokugawa. Or Masayuki or Yukimura Sanada when I play as Shingen Takeda. Or even Kanetsugu Naoe for Kenshin Uesugi. So if someone would be willing to make a mod like this that would be awesome.

Which mod(s) should I get if I want to enhance my game while still staying true to its roots? Also, are there any mods that may increase FPS in one way or another?

Default Re: Will there be a Viking mod using Shogun 2 ?

It is quite possible to mod the campaign map as can be found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ign-map/page27

for a picture of an added region:

As far as I know it has been possible to add new units to the game for ages. It should be quite possible to make a viking mod if you can find a team to work with

Laetus

Default Re: Recruitable Generals

I'm testing it right now, just need to get warhorses... noone wants to trade with ikko ikki x). Will write back later.

Laetus

Meh, can't find the edit button...

Anyway, you shouldn't include the whole unit list, it makes it less compatible with other mods that modifies vanilla units. Otherwise, great mod!

Unchained's Avatar Libertus

Among the campaign mods, I'd say Darthmod has given me personally the best experiences. It's also probably the largest and most well supported mod.

As for the unit list, I only edited the "general" unit, so this mini mod would be compatible to any mod as long as that mod does not edit the "general" unit. On another note, goodluck with your ikko-ikki game. Just conquer Mikawa to get your precious warhorses.
    "I know you. I can see right through you. You're swearing now that one day you will destroy me. Remember, far better women than you have sworn to do the same. Come look at them now."
    -Atia

But I've heard that the naval ai is even worse with Darthmod.

Default New to Shogun 2, looking for mod advice

I'm looking for some really basic mods/overhaul mod that mainly just deals with balance issues, AI and if at all possible, lessens the impact of the rock-paper-scissors system that this game uses.
    What I'm not super interested in are mods that just make the game really hard. The best example I can think of is something like Lands to Conquer for M2TW. Basically, vanilla enhanced. (If there is such a thing?)

Anyway, if anyone knows of some nice mods that kind of go along with what I said above I'd be very interested to hear about them.

Thanks
    Gonk

Default Re: New to Shogun 2, looking for mod advice

Vaniila is best

vanilla is most certainly not best. you should check the overhauls and compilations and read the descriptions yourself. There's so many now that you are bound to find something to your liking. and if you don't, i'll be a nice guy and make a mod for you if you can tell me exactly what you want

Icon11 HISTORICAL BATTLES

Dear friends,
    I love historical battles and I always play them but I would like to play others. Does someone know if there are downlodable battles (I have just bought the dragorn war DLC)
    thanks

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

I would say the best AI resides in TROM3, but it is a mod that is no longer supported by its author.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Yeah I ended up just looking around and found out the guy that made Radious mod made it very modular so I went with that in the end. (I also quite enjoyed Darthmod too.)

Oh yeah, thanks for the replies though and don't worry kugkings I wouldn't dream of asking anyone to make a mod especially for me.

Roaven's Avatar Laetus

Is there any way to mod back in the function of continuing a battle in co-op(to run down fleeing enemies)? It's annoying how many survive that wouldn't have in single player

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: HISTORICAL BATTLES

As to my current knowledge, it is not possible to create scripted battles. (aka, historical battles)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: HISTORICAL BATTLES

Quote Originally Posted by Wetblowdryer View Post
    As to my current knowledge, it is not possible to create scripted battles. (aka, historical battles)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    You're wrong.

Historical Battle and Scripting Information from Official Total War Wiki. Not that I know head or tail of how to create one though...

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook