Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Quote Originally Posted by E.K View Post
    Have you tried Shogun 2 Realism?
    Link to mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437766
    E.K. thank you dude total respect. +rep

Icon9 Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

I really like the Radius units mod but I've run into an issue when selecting troops for a custom battle, i cannot see some of them they're off the screen so now to my question, is there a mod that will expand the unit selection panes to say 2 rows, if so please give me a link this is problematic when trying to use Katana heroes in a custom battle

I was wondering if it would be possible to mod Kisho Ninja in the way that:

a) you could attach them on top of whole stack army, as you can metsuke or a monk
    b) you could use them in battle as an extra unit, kind of like garrison troops during siege defend

would that be possible ?

No, units are limited to 20 per stack. There is some discussion on this if you dig around.

IIRC (been a couple weeks since i played) If you have an army in a town, once it gets big enough the units in the army begin to cancel out town garrison units. So if the castle has 5 garrison units and your army has 16 units when the army is in the town, only 4 garrison units will arrive (so 20 max) in battle while the 5th unit will never appear in that particular battle ever.
    Last edited by rob-a-dogg; April 27, 2011 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks for reply
    I was not aware about canceling units if stack in town was big enough.

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but just wondering if visual mods make multiplayer unplayable?

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Echoic View Post
    Hello, (my first post here) I have a new suggestion for a quick mod, perhaps this would be of interest to someone:

In short I would like to make the benefits from "speciality buildings" (iron mine, gold mine, weaponsmiths) be global for a clan. So, capturing an iron mine and developing it will reduce the costs of unit training for the entire clan not just that specific province. And, building a master weaponsmith would give a weaponry bonus to units trained anywhere by the clan, etc.

I think that this would make capturing special provinces much more desireable (instead of merely trading for a resource). Also to balance this effect I would want to make the speciality building bonuses slightly less powerful and the buildings should be more expensive / time consuming to build.

Would anyone be interested / motivated to make this? I'm considering trying it myself but I expect it would take someone who is already familiar with the modding tools mere minutes to create.
    I tried to do that but to no avail. Sadly for now it escapes to me how to do this. But I want that too. I mean if I where a ruler and got my hands on better horses I'll try to give them to all my mens, or at least try to bring some of them to other places to try to reproduce them and get more. The same goes with iron, craft and all that.

i love the stainless steel mod for medeval 2 total war.

i was wondering if there was a shogun mod that made combat feel similar.

i guess it would be a remake of the real combat/real recruitment mod?

for those of you that dont know, the stainless steel mod made combat a lot slower paced, and you had to use your units very tactically and higher quality units were quite strong.

Over the hills...

Quote Originally Posted by adecoy95 View Post
    i love the stainless steel mod for medeval 2 total war.

i was wondering if there was a shogun mod that made combat feel similar.

i guess it would be a remake of the real combat/real recruitment mod?

for those of you that dont know, the stainless steel mod made combat a lot slower paced, and you had to use your units very tactically and higher quality units were quite strong.
    Im not sure if there are mods that make combat the same as RR/RC or SS but I know that the Shogun 2: Realism mod makes changes to combat. Rights of Man 3 and Darthmod also make changes to combat.

Default mods

Hello,

I've been reading through some of the posts and in some of them people mention things like vanilla mod and darth mod. What's are these?

MJWilliams's Avatar Tiro

Hi all, this is my first post after using the mods for Shogun 2 for a fair while.

I would like to universally thank and acclaim everyone who's worked hard to make this great game even more enjoyable with some fantastic mods.

I'm specifically now wondering if anyone has worked on/knows of a mod which changes the way Wako Pirates function in the grand campaign. I recently had my Shimazu campaign (Hard) totally crippled thanks to the randomly appearing (and frankly annoying) pirate fleets blockading my ports and causing bankruptcy. I realise they are there to keep a threat to your naval operations and to keep you on your toes, but several hours of gameplay were undone in one turn. As mentioned above, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers again!

Default Re: mods

A "vanilla" game is a game which has not been modified - just a normal game, the game you installed from your DVD or downloaded from Steam.

DarthMod is a mod, an overhaul which I do use and recommend myself. You can find the mod by clicking here. You can find the files you need to download in the bottom of the first post.

Why don't you read some more posts and find out?
    Intel i5-2500K + 2x Gigabyte GTX 770 OC SLI + Dell 27" @ 2.560 x 1.440
    Asus P8 P67 Mainboard 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis RAM 1600 MHz Creative SB Z-SeriesLogitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Corsair TX 850 W Power Supply

Mate sounds like you were stretched too thin and paid the price. Increase the size of your navy stacks, make them big enough with enough heavy ships that pirates dont want a piece of you, that way when they blockade your ports, you just fly at them and theiy will either die or flee and go hassle someone else. Either way you win.

Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

There are a couple of overhaul mods in the work right now, the most popular obviously is Darthmod. Others like TROM3, Shogun Realism, All-in-One aim for similar goals but in different methods. There's also a complete set of mods made by Radious that can customize alot of your gameplay, including new units, new stat balances, better diplomacy and ai, limit/upkeep, food, etc.

I want a mod that underlays the music from the "get ya guns on" sequence whenever cavalry is moving. Im sure there must be a .wav file for the sound of horses, and someone could add that music to the track.

Quote Originally Posted by PhallosMaximus View Post
    Why don't you read some more posts and find out?
    This

Default Battles are too fast

Wondering what other people think about the speed of movement by the units in Shogun 2? I find it kills strategy and tactics as it leaves me barely any time to adjust or enjoy the depth of the battle. The units run around like little insects closing gaps with lightning speed. I can often only use my archers for a few seconds before they have to retreat. Is this intended? Am I doing something wrong? Can a mod fix this?

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Battles are too fast

Battles are too fast. There are plenty of Mods to fix it, thankfully. there`s a basic slowdwon Mod on the Mod pages- makes a big difference. I don`t have a link though.