Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Default Re: Bolt-action rifles?

French Infanterie de Marine uses Chassepot Needle Rifles. Its Vanilla.

Default Re: Bolt-action rifles?

Thanks for the fast response!

Default Re: (Query) Japanese matchlock tech @ 3rd tier in Sengoku

I'm a bit perplexed myself. I'm fairly new to modding though so I've probably missed a crucial step.

Default I have only 1 mod and cant get it to work

So i want this mod to work
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=544697

Tried to reply in that topic but it wont let me.

Anywayz, i downloaded the 2 files, put the first 1 in data folder.

However i didnt had a script folder so created 1 and put the second file in there, started the game but not changes.

What am i doing wrong?

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: I have only 1 mod and cant get it to work

Since the patch 23 you dont need the second file. Only extract the first file in data folder and when you start the game, activate him.

Ah ok, thank you.

1 last question then and probably a very noob one.

How do i activate it because i thought putting the files in the right spot was sufficiant

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

All of the mods (or 99%) are pack files, and there are two types of pack file:
    - Movie: Put the mod in Data folder and play.
    - Mod: Put the mod in Data folder, Activate It, and play.
    Since patch 23, when you have at least one mod of "Mod" type in Data folder and launch Shogun 2, will start ModManager. You must activate the mods you want to use and then start Shogun 2 from ModManager.

Thanks again but it seems like i am doomed to play without mods.

When i start modmanager and direct it to the right game path i see the mod but when i press start it will load the game for 3 seconds and then directly crashes the game.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Most posibly the mod is not updated for the latest patch.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Awww, all i want is to extend the campain time.

Is there any other mod or method to do this?

Also, would anyone be so kind to test the mod so i can see if the problem lies with me or the mod because the mod thread is a sticky.

Cheers

Nvm, i fiund a different solution

I changed the calendar file, 1 season is now 24 turns >< only downfall is the winter hehe but i like the challenge.

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: could some one have some mod or method to fix skating of unit collision in Shogun2?

I'm not sure if we can fix that? I know it was listed as one of the the animation issues that will be fixed in Rome 2.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

One of my favorite mods for Rome adjusted all the unit stats to have something like double the defense, making combat, especially one unit versus one unit, last longer. I believe it also slowed down movement speed and boosted bonuses from hills. The overall balance of combat was still roughly the same, but it had the effect of further emphasizing unit tactics over unit stats and slowing down the pace of a battle.

Are there any mods recommendations that would give me that same feeling? I only have Shogun 2, but I've been looking pretty hard at FotS lately. Hoping for a Steam sale on it.

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Preat bad taht no one was able to make a total conversion and transform Napoleon or Shogun 2 in ROME II

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

Default Starting to use mods, need recommendations

I have darth mod dl, but only starting second play through and don't want to use it yet. I'm really interested in a faster tech mod, nothing ridiculous, I saw the 1 turn tech mod (I don't want that) but something more reasonable than vanilla.

Then, I would be really interested in something that improves the load times. The graphics and fps have been fine on my machine, but the load times suck.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Starting to use mods, need recommendations

Have you tried Radious's mods and superghostboy's increase performance mod?

Guess it might be a bit late for this, but it it possible to make more soldiers fall off the castle walls when they try and climb? Really, just scrambling up a defended wall on your hands and knees should be a losing proposition. Not because it's a hard climb, just because, as soon as you poke your head over the top, you're going to get smacked back down, like a deadly game of whack-a-mole, but the soldiers can't do that. They wait for them to get on top of the wall before they kill them. I'd say it would be much easier to just make more of them fall off than somehow make the defenders just knock them off before they get on the wall. I know this might break seiges, but I downloaded Haldir's 15 assassins mod, and I'm smart enough to use the gates, so I don't really care.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by Remanada2 View Post
    Guess it might be a bit late for this, but it it possible to make more soldiers fall off the castle walls when they try and climb? Really, just scrambling up a defended wall on your hands and knees should be a losing proposition. Not because it's a hard climb, just because, as soon as you poke your head over the top, you're going to get smacked back down, like a deadly game of whack-a-mole, but the soldiers can't do that. They wait for them to get on top of the wall before they kill them. I'd say it would be much easier to just make more of them fall off than somehow make the defenders just knock them off before they get on the wall. I know this might break seiges, but I downloaded Haldir's 15 assassins mod, and I'm smart enough to use the gates, so I don't really care.
    Hmmm....Actually the probability of losing grip then falling when climbing walls can be increased through kv_rules...

Nobody made such mod though, but its not hard...

I was thinking of buying the blood pack DLC, but I don't like the blood splatters on the screen.

Is there any mod that removes this?
    Aztecs invading France? The Pope himself charging into battle? Challenging AI that brings the pain? Check out the Expanded Americas mod.

Is there already a mod that introduces unique castle maps for every castle in the Shogun 2 campaign (or at least more than these standard 5 or sth)? Or are people working on this? I really hated constantly fighting the same sieges. And these maps were quite boring too.