Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

If you are looking for a TWS2 mod with certain features then ask your questions here in this thread and if want to some answers regarding a particular mod then you can ask that also.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by Ishan; April 13, 2011 at 10:24 AM.

Default Mod Recommendation?

Can somebody introduce me a mod(or part of a bigger mod) that just improve campaign AI? I don't want unnecessary changes in other aspects of vanilla game.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Mod Recommendation?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440985
    Radious AI Mod !!!!

http://http://www.twcenter.net/forum...d.php?t=440700
    Universal Ai Mod Shogun II

Could be other AI mods, but here are 2 eye have seen.
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Which modes have new units (if any) or other new content, may I ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    How about we define the rights that allow a government to say that isn't within my freedom.

There are not many, and most of them so far just add the same units (load swords, ronin, wako, onna, naginata ashugaru etc that shoulda already been available)

AUM, Realism, Honor and glory, and TROM3 iirc all have 'new' units.

As for new content, not much of that sofar.
    I reccomend Darthmod + AUM, or even better the version of TotalToon's 'All-in-one' mod with Darth in it (although i am a horribly biased Darth fanatic from way back )

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

For new units is probably best to choose AUM mod from Swiss or my Units mod - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440070

Same custom units, same vanilla unlocked units - just choose which version suits you more since we have different recruitment, exp rewards, buidings and unlock systems.

Oh yeah and dont for get Radious!

His mod(s) is all in parts and each part has several versions so you can just pick the bits and changes you want. A little confusing im sure (i havent used any of his yet, and prob wont), but the idea is brilliant as it is pretty much fully customisable.

Hello, (my first post here) I have a new suggestion for a quick mod, perhaps this would be of interest to someone:

In short I would like to make the benefits from "speciality buildings" (iron mine, gold mine, weaponsmiths) be global for a clan. So, capturing an iron mine and developing it will reduce the costs of unit training for the entire clan not just that specific province. And, building a master weaponsmith would give a weaponry bonus to units trained anywhere by the clan, etc.

I think that this would make capturing special provinces much more desireable (instead of merely trading for a resource). Also to balance this effect I would want to make the speciality building bonuses slightly less powerful and the buildings should be more expensive / time consuming to build.

Would anyone be interested / motivated to make this? I'm considering trying it myself but I expect it would take someone who is already familiar with the modding tools mere minutes to create.
    Last edited by Echoic; April 20, 2011 at 05:42 AM. Reason: added smiley, "mere minutes" should be ironic.

lol i am new here 2 (been here a few day) i want a european mod that allow european to invade japan and set a colonie or something or a brand new myth mod that feature a brand new samurai and new unit or perhap even a new war in japan, their are sooooo many thing you can do in s2tw i think a mod that feature european should come first, because i am interest to see knight vs samurai

Over the hills...

Sorry to say but I dont think it's possible to have european factions land in the game.

Most of the parts are there. Muskets, and cannon are all ready there. Replace one of the existing clans. New textures(can be done) + models(not sure).

Mortars/howitzers (if they were around back then) could be done using the mangonel with a model swap. Rest of units just get uniform change.

Over the hills...

That's a lot easier said than done

i am still hoping for knight!

sooooooo the european idea, any body want to take on the impossible, last time there is no such thing "it again the goverment to do the impossble, and will consider a public enemy,if you break this law"
    Last edited by luckyprince; April 23, 2011 at 06:01 PM.

Other than models + textures everything else is already here or is a stat file to be modified. Other than these two, it has all been accomplished in other mods already.

(although some have changed existing models textures, i dont think there have been any whole new model + texture units yet.)

Edit: I can tell English is not your first language (not mine either), but fag is not really an acceptable word to refer to homosexuals to most people. You may wish to alter your message. I do understand your meaning but even politely that is not an appropriate thing to say. I personally dont care as i understand the intent behind the words and can seperate that from any the seconadry meanings. Some people are offended by this however.
    Last edited by rob-a-dogg; April 23, 2011 at 07:47 AM.

there edit it, so u will be doing the european mod?

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

ok looking for a realism mod I.E... speed,to stop over powerd archers, real type of recuitment for Samurai.. save compatable also. thanks for the reply in advance.

I know that there is still no Mod wich unlocks all clans in SP campaign but is there one to unlock all in custom battles?

Over the hills...

Quote Originally Posted by baz44331 View Post
    ok looking for a realism mod I.E... speed,to stop over powerd archers, real type of recuitment for Samurai.. save compatable also. thanks for the reply in advance.
    Have you tried Shogun 2 Realism?
    Link to mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437766

Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast