Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Are there any mods that add the Western Powers in the fall of the samurai campaign?

Hi all,

As title says I'm wondering if there are any mods out there that add the Western powers into the FotS campaign?

Thanks for the help.

Libertus

Default Re: Are there any mods that add the Western Powers in the fall of the samurai campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by lt_pliskin6768 View Post
    Hi all,

As title says I'm wondering if there are any mods out there that add the Western powers into the FotS campaign?

Thanks for the help.
    Hi here is link of the mod that adds Western factions to the campiagn amd there is custom battle beta too there you can test 4 western factions

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...216-Total-FotS

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Hi is there a mod, that when attacking an enemy settlement and autoresolve, I don't damage the enemy castle? I find it ridiculous when I attack with a full stack army against the enemy samurai retainers garrison, I have to play the battle manually and lose 10 minuntes (loading times, setting up armies, shooting volleys) so I don't damage the castle.

Civis

Anyone know of mods that are truest to history and realism. I noticed Darthmod but idk if that's the most accurate representation. Preferably, please recommend mods for all 3 campaigns (includes RotS and FotS)...
    ----- ---------
    HACKING INTO THE MAINFRAME!!!

What is the "Divide Et Impera" of Shogun 2? Every Total War game has a mod the eclipses all other mods. NTW3, DarthMod, Stainless Steel. They are usually seen as THE mod to use. But what does Shogun 2 have? What id THE historical overhaul mod to use with Shogun 2? Because I have not found one that is both historical and content heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    What is the "Divide Et Impera" of Shogun 2? Every Total War game has a mod the eclipses all other mods. NTW3, DarthMod, Stainless Steel. They are usually seen as THE mod to use. But what does Shogun 2 have? What id THE historical overhaul mod to use with Shogun 2? Because I have not found one that is both historical and content heavy.
    Master of Strategy is a pretty good one. There is the 3K mod for Shogun 2 (mainland China). Also Morning sun is a nice mod (adds the whole of China in game). If you like more modern warfare, there is a N&S2 mod (currently in beta) or Total Fots V1 and V2 (V2 is currently in beta).

Clearly Master of Strategy is the answer. Now with the additional custom historical settlements pack, it's not a tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Master of Strategy is a pretty good one. There is the 3K mod for Shogun 2 (mainland China). Also Morning sun is a nice mod (adds the whole of China in game). If you like more modern warfare, there is a N&S2 mod (currently in beta) or Total Fots V1 and V2 (V2 is currently in beta).
    It is. The Master of Strategy.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

For a total newb who wants to start on that game (yes, I know, I'm late ), is it better to start only with the original game only or with the expansions as well?
    Thanks in advance.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    For a total newb who wants to start on that game (yes, I know, I'm late ), is it better to start only with the original game only or with the expansions as well?
    Thanks in advance.
    If you mean unit pack dlcs and nation dlcs of Sengoku era, I totally recommend. If you mean Fall of the Samurai or Rise of The Samurai packs; they are totally a different era, telling a different story. So it is a matter of taste. I love playing Sengoku Era but don't like as much Fall of the Samurai Era.

So all in all, I can say choose an era and buy its all dlcs.

Or wait for a sale and grab everything, S2 is really cheap nowadays.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info. I guess that I'll go for the full pack anyway. As you said, it's cheap nowadays (less than 40€).

Edit: got the full set for 11.00€
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 12, 2019 at 02:54 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Icon1 Mod Family !

I searched but couldn't find this mod, who can give me the information or this mod file, thanks[FLOAT][/FLOAT]
    https://imgur.com/a/8WQLUA8
    https://imgur.com/a/8bNZc5n

Default VS AI multiplayer reward XP

Is it possible for a mod to award XP for your multiplayer Avatar's army when defeating AI armies?

Default Are there any mods that fix the FotS AI?

There's a really large problem with the Fall of the Samurai AI. Specifically, allied factions of your allegiance will randomly switch allegiance for no reason and then attack you, without losing any of their other allies of their old allegiance. This is ridiculously unrealistic and bad for gameplay; are there any mods that fix this?

Default Re: Are there any mods that fix the FotS AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Laser101 View Post
    There's a really large problem with the Fall of the Samurai AI. Specifically, allied factions of your allegiance will randomly switch allegiance for no reason and then attack you, without losing any of their other allies of their old allegiance. This is ridiculously unrealistic and bad for gameplay; are there any mods that fix this?
    Well there will be in my mod. As I do not use the allegiances but religions back and the AI can't switch it's religion, neither will RM divide be used that all your allies declare war for no reason. That's the beauty of it. RM get's triggered, but it doesn't give you that weird diplomacy penalty. This means that you can still give commissions to your generals and such.

Janbāru's Avatar Libertus

Sorry if this has been already answered but I can't find the answer.
    I'm brand new in Shogun 2 and I'm wondering if there's a way or a mod to remove the battle time limit? I find this feature completely unrealistic and I also like to take my time to deploy my units.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Janbāru View Post
    Sorry if this has been already answered but I can't find the answer.
    I'm brand new in Shogun 2 and I'm wondering if there's a way or a mod to remove the battle time limit? I find this feature completely unrealistic and I also like to take my time to deploy my units.
    Thanks in advance.
    Battle time limit is adjusted in the game. You can choose to have no battle time limit either when you are in clan selection screen (there is a More Options button in the lower right corner), or going to Options and Game Settings while in a campaign.
    Wanna play as minor clans from expanded Japan by unamie5? Now you can: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=428505886

Shogun 2 in a new light - Historical Shogun 2 Mod

Janbāru's Avatar Libertus

I missed the one in the clan selection screen. Thanks for your help.

Mwulf's Avatar Civis

Not sure where to ask this but I made a simple mod (just unit balance adjustments) for Shogun 2 several years ago, and I'm getting back into the game now and would like to make some adjustments... only I've forgotten how to do so. IIRC I needed to use some kind of tool to unpack the gamedata and adjust the unit_descr.strat file... only I have no idea what that tool was called or where I might be able to find it. Can anyone help me out here? I've been searching at random for a while and haven't had much luck.
    "What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power, and those who flatter them, hide in safe places and extol war--people who force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, sending them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war... mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites?"
    -Yang Wen-Li

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Hello folks! I hope someone sees that...
    I would like to know if there are any mods that:

- Allow you to give settlements to vassal factions. Not necessarily make it available in diplomacy and I don't mind if the AI doesn't have that ability. It is just that it is usually quite hard to make your vassals actually grab other settlements.

- Allow you to "free" a settlement you have held for some time. What I mean, is that so far, the only way I know to make a settlement I hold emerge as a vassal state is: let it rebel, let it be conquered, attack the new faction and vassalize it. Give them money to build up the buildings that have been ruined.
    I would like to cut through that and be able to actually make vassals from places I own, not just the ones I just conquered.

- Make it so that if your allies like you, they would actually do something useful like move through your land if you have given them access and attack enemies far away. Like R2TW allies and vassals do. Especially for AI alliances. I.e. if there's an AI alliance that has 4 factions and get into war with them, they would do something to help the faction you are attacking even if they are a few settlements away.
    Last edited by alhoon; August 14, 2022 at 02:30 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.