Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Hi is there a mod, that when attacking an enemy settlement and autoresolve, I don't damage the enemy castle? I find it ridiculous when I attack with a full stack army against the enemy samurai retainers garrison, I have to play the battle manually and lose 10 minuntes (loading times, setting up armies, shooting volleys) so I don't damage the castle.

Civis

Anyone know of mods that are truest to history and realism. I noticed Darthmod but idk if that's the most accurate representation. Preferably, please recommend mods for all 3 campaigns (includes RotS and FotS)...
    ----- ---------
    HACKING INTO THE MAINFRAME!!!

What is the "Divide Et Impera" of Shogun 2? Every Total War game has a mod the eclipses all other mods. NTW3, DarthMod, Stainless Steel. They are usually seen as THE mod to use. But what does Shogun 2 have? What id THE historical overhaul mod to use with Shogun 2? Because I have not found one that is both historical and content heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by skillfultree View Post
    What is the "Divide Et Impera" of Shogun 2? Every Total War game has a mod the eclipses all other mods. NTW3, DarthMod, Stainless Steel. They are usually seen as THE mod to use. But what does Shogun 2 have? What id THE historical overhaul mod to use with Shogun 2? Because I have not found one that is both historical and content heavy.
    Master of Strategy is a pretty good one. There is the 3K mod for Shogun 2 (mainland China). Also Morning sun is a nice mod (adds the whole of China in game). If you like more modern warfare, there is a N&S2 mod (currently in beta) or Total Fots V1 and V2 (V2 is currently in beta).

Clearly Master of Strategy is the answer. Now with the additional custom historical settlements pack, it's not a tough choice.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Master of Strategy is a pretty good one. There is the 3K mod for Shogun 2 (mainland China). Also Morning sun is a nice mod (adds the whole of China in game). If you like more modern warfare, there is a N&S2 mod (currently in beta) or Total Fots V1 and V2 (V2 is currently in beta).
    It is. The Master of Strategy.

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Staff Moderation Mentor

Blog Entries

For a total newb who wants to start on that game (yes, I know, I'm late ), is it better to start only with the original game only or with the expansions as well?
    Thanks in advance.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    For a total newb who wants to start on that game (yes, I know, I'm late ), is it better to start only with the original game only or with the expansions as well?
    Thanks in advance.
    If you mean unit pack dlcs and nation dlcs of Sengoku era, I totally recommend. If you mean Fall of the Samurai or Rise of The Samurai packs; they are totally a different era, telling a different story. So it is a matter of taste. I love playing Sengoku Era but don't like as much Fall of the Samurai Era.

So all in all, I can say choose an era and buy its all dlcs.

Or wait for a sale and grab everything, S2 is really cheap nowadays.

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Staff Moderation Mentor

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info. I guess that I'll go for the full pack anyway. As you said, it's cheap nowadays (less than 40€).

Edit: got the full set for 11.00€
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 12, 2019 at 03:54 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

Icon1 Mod Family !

I searched but couldn't find this mod, who can give me the information or this mod file, thanks[FLOAT][/FLOAT]
    https://imgur.com/a/8WQLUA8
    https://imgur.com/a/8bNZc5n