Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: List of Factions

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: List of Factions

I'll take that as a yes.

Anyway, important thread in the dev forum for you to look at.

Will Mexico be playable? Because it is in Minor factions and the protectorates..

It will be playable in the protectorate campaign, but not the main one. (this is due to the way the game deals with protectorates and how it mucks up the tribute if a protectorate declares independence).

You'll surely laugh at me,but I think that the Kingdom of Two Sicilies must be added in as an emergent kingdom.
    I know full well that we were conquered in 1860-1861, but from that moment till 1870, there were a series of rebellions in southern Italy against the new "Italian" kingdom, marked as mere brigandage, but with clear political intentions. A lot of these "brigands" were either for the unification of Italy on a Republican basis, or were Bourbon loyalists.I'd propose of scripting a series of rebel armies in Naples & Sicily who, if they take Naples, refound the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.
    You can find something here though it would be better to look here and translate it with babylon,google translate or something.
    Last edited by Altzek; May 28, 2012 at 04:25 PM.

Factions that actually emerged in this period, as well as ones that did not far outside the period are being given priority for inclusion, as there are only a limited number of slots available.

We cannot script in armies like that in this game.

How are you guys going to make those factions like Canada etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    So the game sucks because you don't like moving around your screen. Yeah okay.

Funny G.I.F made by me.

Canada is going to be an emergent faction. There will be a campaign option where you can play the emergent factions, but it is unlikely to be in the first version of the mod.
    Last edited by Tango12345; June 01, 2012 at 04:04 AM.

Why isn't Scotland an emergent?

Because it did not emerge during the period and there wasn't any chance of it doing so. That and the fact that there are only so many faction slots available, and Scotland, being a faction that did not emerge and wasn't likely to at that time, is right at the bottom of the pecking order for a slot, underneath ones like the Balkan states, and various others.

I really hope you guys add the Confederate States, yes I know that the civil war was basically over by 1865 but still, I think it would make North America much more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Imperialist View Post
    I really hope you guys add the Confederate States, yes I know that the civil war was basically over by 1865 but still, I think it would make North America much more interesting.
    If I remember correct, they explained somewhere else on this board that the start date was chosen exactly to skip the ACW and because of this they do not intend to include the CSA. However, I am not absolutely sure.

By the way, there is another great mod for ETW modelling the ACW exclusively.

As I have said a number of times before, and this will not change, this mod does not model the American Civil War or the Confederate States of America, in any form. If you want to play as them, play the Blue and the Gray.

Litany of fury's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    firstly,
    can you include some Indian States other than just the name Indian Princely States???
    for example, it is well documented that the Marathas had taken part in the great revolt of 1857, so can you include it. wouldn't be much difficult as its already there...
    Adding individual princely states would be quite a task, there were over 20 different princely states on the eve of the Indian Revolt in 1857, narrowing them down would be even harder mainly because each ones border would most definitely not correspond with the borders on the Empire total war campaign map.

also the Maratha's were obliterated during the third Anglo-Maratha war, i think you mean the Mughal Empire.

That's rather an old issue, but I will address it anyway.

1.Splitting up the Princely States more weakens them.
    2.Adding more Indian states when they were really subsumed by Britain in one way or another is a waste of the limited number of faction slots.
    3.As above, the issue with the borders.

As yes, I think m meant the Mughals, Marathas were a non-entity by then.

Mexican emperor was member of Habsburgs, Mexico should be austrian protectorate

I think you need to double check the history books on that one . The Habsburg regime in Mexico was supported by the French, Austria didn't do that much, though some Austrian "volunteers" were sent. Mexico starts as a French protectorate. (whether it will be absolute or constitutional monarchy has yet to be decided).
    Last edited by Tango12345; August 08, 2012 at 09:51 AM.

Austria est imperatrix omnis universi.When you start 1865 i would suggest let it be the 2nd Mexican Empire but conditions that will lead to an revolution.
    But when time is short then donīt care about it and forget this only 3 year lasting period and start directly with common Mexico.
    There are surely other priorities have to be done first in this campaign.

Austria est imperatrix omnis universi.
    Sorry Shokh, Austria had lost it by then .

We will go with what we already have planned, since Mexico is a minor faction and way down the list to be enhanced anyway. (and as you can guess it is a VERY big list )

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    Sorry Shokh, Austria had lost it by then .

We will go with what we already have planned, since Mexico is a minor faction and way down the list to be enhanced anyway. (and as you can guess it is a VERY big list )

If there's too much to do you could make temporary short-cuts for the first release, like Mexico being French and Norway being Swedish and so on...

No, because we are doing the startpos as complete right from the beginning. I want to avoid going back to that file as much as possible considering what else must be done.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast