Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: List of Factions

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default List of Factions

Hello,
    great mod there....

Can you disclose a list of all playabe and non-playable factions in the mod...

With Regards...

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Default Re: List of Factions

All nations except protectorates and emergents will be playable, but we might make a sub-mod for emergents later.

Major: British Empire, USA, Italy, Russia, France, Spain, Austria-Hungary, North German Confederation, Ottoman Empire
    Minor: Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Norway, Sweden, Mexico*, German States (except Saxony), Afghanistan, Persia, Greece, Morocco, Columbia, Guatemala, Venezuela, Haiti, Sioux, Papal States
    Protectorates: Mexico (France)*, Saxony (NGC), Egypt (Ottomans), Finland (Russia), Indian Princely States (Britain), Venice-Lombardy (Austria-Hungary)
    Emergent: Bulgaria, Poland, India, Cuba, Ireland, Serbia, Romania, Canada, Dominican Republic (replaces Haiti), Madhists (Egypt), Hungary

*Mexico is either a French protectorate or at war with France. I can't remember which we decided to do. (Because in 1865 they were actually both a protectorate and at war)
    Last edited by Okmin; April 08, 2011 at 03:52 PM.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Blog Entries

I had an idea, would add a twist... Would you like to hear it???

Sure, as long as it's historically accurate.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Blog Entries

firstly,
    can you include some Indian States other than just the name Indian Princely States???
    for example, it is well documented that the Marathas had taken part in the great revolt of 1857, so can you include it. wouldn't be much difficult as its already there...

Blog Entries

As mentioned above, India as emergent nation. Actually the India you see today(with flag and everything) is a result of a peaceful settlement(sort of) with Britain. The people who played a role in this idea never would resort to force of arms. Plus if this mod ends in post-ww2, there is no reason to include this faction as India gained independence in 1947.

So alternatively, you can create a Form Indian Nation as a mission similarly to games like Europa 3 and Victoria 2. I will do some research about this and post about it later.

Best wishes for the mod...

With regards...

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Is Tunisia going to be a separate state?
    And, in the future when modding of the campaign map becomes fully realized, will Cyprus and Crete be their own regions?

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    firstly,
    can you include some Indian States other than just the name Indian Princely States???
    for example, it is well documented that the Marathas had taken part in the great revolt of 1857, so can you include it. wouldn't be much difficult as its already there...
    No, for a few reasons: The mod starts in 1865, we used the Marathas for India (see below), and mostly because we don't have enough factions to replace
    As mentioned above, India as emergent nation. Actually the India you see today(with flag and everything) is a result of a peaceful settlement(sort of) with Britain. The people who played a role in this idea never would resort to force of arms. Plus if this mod ends in post-ww2, there is no reason to include this faction as India gained independence in 1947.

So alternatively, you can create a Form Indian Nation as a mission similarly to games like Europa 3 and Victoria 2. I will do some research about this and post about it later.

Best wishes for the mod...

With regards...
    Yes, but we see in the rebellion of 1957 that some people were willing to take up arms against the British. India as an emergent faction is this kind of "what-if" scenario. This and low public order in India are intended to present a challenge to Britain to counter the fact that they own huge tracts of land (i.e. Canada and India).
    Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    Is Tunisia going to be a separate state?
    And, in the future when modding of the campaign map becomes fully realized, will Cyprus and Crete be their own regions?
    For now, Tunisia and Libya/Tripolitania are still lumped together as the Barbary States. Like with India, this is primarily because we only have so many factions available to work with.

Cyprus: almost definitely. Crete: maybe (depends on if we can actually fit a city on it )
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

firstly,
    Latter on, after the release, I'll release a sub-mod that include independent Indian States

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Okmin I think you can fit a city on it, I mean Crete is bigger than Malta.

In that case, yes. Crete will probably be it's own region.
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Okmin View Post
    Yes, but we see in the rebellion of 1957 that some people were willing to take up arms against the British. India as an emergent faction is this kind of "what-if" scenario. This and low public order in India are intended to present a challenge to Britain to counter the fact that they own huge tracts of land (i.e. Canada and India).
    Not exactly what i meant to say.

If the British retake an Indian province (and they did retake all the rebel areas) then the repression effect should be large enough to stop any further immediate rebellions. The British carried out severe punishments in areas that had rebelled in revenge for the Cawnpore massacre etc.

At the moment, there are no "rebel" provinces per se. But if one does rebel and the British retake it, they'll get the usual garrison repression bonus plus a temporary "military crackdown" bonus for killing the rebels
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

twould be awsome if the map was edited to have Australia, ya know....hint-hint nudge-nudge wink-wink

can't be done atm. Its a source of great annoyance to the community.

Boycott boycotts!'

lol true...i didnt think it would happen

Quote Originally Posted by Okmin View Post
    All nations except protectorates and emergents will be playable, but we might make a sub-mod for emergents later.

Major: British Empire, USA, Italy, Russia, France, Spain, Austria-Hungary, North German Confederation, Ottoman Empire
    Minor: Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Norway, Sweden, Mexico*, German States (except Saxony), Afghanistan, Persia, Greece, Morocco, Columbia, Guatemala, Venezuela, Haiti, Sioux, Papal States
    Protectorates: Mexico (France)*, Saxony (NGC), Egypt (Ottomans), Finland (Russia), Indian Princely States (Britain), Venice-Lombardy (Austria-Hungary)
    Emergent: Bulgaria, Poland, India, Cuba, Ireland, Serbia, Romania, Canada, Dominican Republic (replaces Haiti), Madhists (Egypt), Hungary

*Mexico is either a French protectorate or at war with France. I can't remember which we decided to do. (Because in 1865 they were actually both a protectorate and at war)
    Ottomans have long decayed. They are certainly not a major power. Egypt's a nominal protectorate. Not a real protectorate. It could have conquered Istanbul in the 1930s!

I don't know if you will consider what I'm saying, but anyways, are we able to edit the startpos for this mod...I'll make the changes myself if my suggestions are refused.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Is out of date, there will be a campaign for emergent factions included, and a seperate one for playable protectorates.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I think Mexico should be at war with France, just because Mexico is an interesting country and it'd be a shame for Mexico to not be playable. And it'd be a challenge. A disorganized, factious group of people living in a harsh area needing to unite to fight French opposition. Perhaps you can have French and Pro-French Mexicans to deal with when you start the campaign.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast