Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: reccomended submods with Empire realism

Default Re: reccomended submods with Empire realism

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Holy crap you guys. Using PackFileManager, you can use the unit textures from AUM with ER. If you just open up the AUM Optional Graphics pack with that program (the optional graphics pack is the one that reskins most of the vanilla units, the main AUM download is the one that adds most of the units... from what I gather), delete all the entries except the units one, and boom. I'm just testing it out now and damn everything looks beautiful. Almost everything looks reskinned, though to be fair I just started looking through the factions and units and stuff. Just had to share this. And it's save game compatible and all that, you can even look at previously saved battle replays with the new looks. Woooo!
    Hello guys,

I'd really appreciate an answer:

Which files exactly ("...except the units one") is he referring to? I can see three tabs and under each of them there is something that I can allign to "units".
    1)rigidmodels
    There is the sub-tab called "naval". As the navy also has units I am not sure if this also belongs to your definition of "except the units one".

2)ui

There is indeed a sub-tab called units but it only contains "icons" and "info" so I am not sure if this is the only file to keep.

3)unitmodels

There are indeed apparently SOME textures but only of militia, minutemen and provinicial cavalry, which seems a bit little to me because the mod pretends to change all vanilla units. So I am not sure if this is the only file to keep, too!

Can anyone PLEASE help me by telling me which files exactly to delete/keep?

Would be really appreciated!
    Last edited by Miglanz; March 29, 2015 at 06:43 PM.

aum_emp_optional_graphics

I just deleted rigidmodels & UI branches leaving just unitmodels then saved as mytextures.pack, added it to my script preferences file. Halfway through GB campaign and all looks great! However I did not play the mod before trying this so I don't even know how the mod looked beforehand.

I want to use PFM to play Empire Realism as any faction using regional recruitment, anyone know where I can learn how to do this?

Is this mod ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...try-Formations ) compatible with ER??

nope, but changes in that mod are actually relatively similar what is already done in ER.

Hello. JaM do you plan to add more units like Marines, Pioneers, various guard, freikorps, fusilier and jaeger units? Or extend playable factions to minor ones? I have tried many mods and even myself modified unit stats (it was so tedious and time consuming but I liked the opportunity to change the game in that way), and I think this mod has the greatest battle mechanic and possibility for being the best for ETW. If it combined things from other mods like usage of allied units as mercenaries and with more variety to unit pool it could be the greatest.

A mod that makes Spanish, French and British colonies under the direct rule of their main faction is compatible with ER?

This is Regaliaof Nations. It is only a graphical mod and fully compatible with ER. It is not available here anymore. Someone should rehost it or integrate into this mod as minimod maybe:
    https://gamefront.online/files/servi...ou?id=13926882

And here is battlefield smoke mod:
    https://www.gamewatcher.com/mods/emp...-for-patch-1-5

Rehost it !
    Last edited by phoen!x; October 22, 2017 at 01:17 AM.

I found no problems in using Empire Realism Mod in combination with the Vanilla Units Enhanced Mod, here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...opean-Nations-!
    To explain the files:
    vanilla_units_enhanced.pack , vanilla_units_enhanced_p1.pack can be overriden by the euro_early_units.pack if installed.
    units_enhanced_data.pack is optional and adds expatriates to the quick battle roster.

I know old thread, was wondering has anyone ever got the blood smoke mod to work? I have another question is there a texture mod that works besides vanilla units enhanced mod, I'm using vanilla units enhanced, just don't care for the unit cards.

I tried sponge seven year war mod, couldn't get the spontoons to show, have equipment tweak installed also?.

NTW graphics for ETW should work

i have a list of mods that if they all work with Empire Realism it would be amazing and the best mod ever :

Additional units mod(AUM-EMP) by Swiss Halberdier
    Ultima Ratio:black label (by Miltonr87 )
    Shokh Hates Sieges( a next level no-fortification mod)
    Royal Family mod
    Period music mod
    Machiavelli's armchair General mods

someone reply to my request please ??

pxfofo's Avatar Foederatus

I have around 100 turns with no issues with this combination:

Empire realism
    High Definition Graphic Pack Terrestria orbem+addon Napoleon Animations Package
    Durango Historical Portraits
    ETW Realistic Uniforms
    Genreal andys musket sounds

If someone had tested battle or campaign AI mods pleas share yours experience.

Quote Originally Posted by pxfofo View Post

Empire realism
    ETW Realistic Uniforms

Thank you you for This!

i got hifimasters music and fife/drum with these above I must say:

I have tried DarthMod (too arcade-like), imperial splendor( rotr) (bugs in the tech tree ruined it for me, although the realistic uniforms mod (imperialsplendor uniforms) above negates the necessity of using IS, imperial destroyer ( only really good with the vmd submod, but it’s too unstable and once you make a save I can’t play a battle without a Ctd)

didnt like the effects in IS either and thier is a lot of issues with units not matching thier cards, particularly the French. Which doesn’t make sense since they are one of the primary focuses of the rotr mod

that all being said, I have really enjoyed realism with all the mods you reccomended, it’s basically a totally new game. My only gripe is I wish they expanded the roster, I would like to see more historical units for at least some of the major factions

Campidoctor

I've compiled some of the submods listed in this thread into a compatible collection for Empire Realism V. Using ModManager to detect conflicts with these mods, then Pack File Manager to remove those conflicts, I'm enjoying a wonderful game of Empire and thought I'd share for anyone else who might be interested.

Below are the submods I'm using and according to which have edited the ER_Essentials.pack to delete conflicting entries and make them cleanly compatible. In some cases only one file out of a larger collection of files included in a submod will be used, as described below.

Empire Realism 5.0 - First, you'll need to unzip everything except ER_summer.pack and ER_Essentials.pack from the ER5 release into the data folder of a clean install of Empire Total War (or you can unzip the whole thing then just delete those two). The graphical overhaul submod below makes changes to the same few campaign elements which are the only entries in ER_summer.pack, so instead of removing those entries within and keeping an empty pack file, best just delete it.

Second, you'll need one of two versions of an edited ER_Essentials.pack (depending on which unit appearances you're using at the time, as described below in the Vanilla Units Enhanced section), unzip and overwrite the default ER_Essentials.pack in the Empire Total War data folder. That pack file had a number of conflicts with the unit appearance mod, so it has been edited in Pack File Manager to remove those conflicting entries ensuring the submod works properly. No gameplay is affected by any of these changes, only visuals.

Durango's Historical Portraits Mod - No conflicts, can be used as-is.

High Definition Graphic Pack: Terrestria Orbem - I've opted for the higher quality full verison of the submod as linked, but there is a lite version available as well from the mod page's "files" link. However, edits I've made to ER_Essentials.pack (and deleting ER_summer.pack as redundant) are based on the full version, and I don't know whether there will be any issues with using the lite version and my edited ER_Essentials.pack.

HiFiMasteR Sounds - From the version for vanilla ETW as linked, however only one file is used from this download, "sfx.pack". There are quite a few changes other than sounds included in the rest of the files, including some graphical effects and even gameplay according to the description on the mod page. But the sfx.pack will only affect the sounds in game, and they're quite good. I've used General Andy's Musket Sounds forever in NTW, and of course they're classic. But I wanted something different for ETW and this includes a lot of other sounds as well besides muskets (cannons, marching, all sorts). So when you download the mod, don't unzip everything into the data folder, only the single file sfx.pack.

You'll need to enable this mod using either Mod Manager, or manually as follows: 1) open or create the file user.empire_script.txt in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts; 2) copy+paste the following text onto the first line (note: should be the only line in the file if you're on a clean install and not using other submods not mentioned here).
    Code:
    mod "sfx.pack";
    Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations - There are two downloads in the thread, Early_Units 1.1 and Mid_Units 1.1. Each required a few changes to ER_Essentials.pack to eliminate conflicts, and one had a couple different conflicts than the other, so they each need their own ER_Essentials.pack file as linked above. You'll have to choose only one of these appearance options at a time and manually adjust the files in the data folder as follows:

If you want to use the Early Units, you need to have 1) only the "units_enh_early.pack" in the ETW data folder (keep "units_enh_mid.pack" somewhere else for use later, or can keep in data folder but rename it by adding something after the .pack, like .pack.backup), and 2) the corresponding "ER_Essentials.pack.BACKUP (for units_enh_early)" in the ETW data folder, renamed to delete everything after ".pack" so it just reads ER_Essentials.pack.

If you want to use the Mid Units, same process as above except put 1) "units_enh_mid.pack" in the ETW data folder (leaving the early.pack out or renaming), and 2) its corresponding ER_Essential.pack.BACKUP (for units_enh_mid), renamed to delete everything after .pack as described.

In each case, you should only have on ER_Essentials.pack and one corresponding units_enh_(either early or mid).pack in the ETW data folder. They both look great, and the one minute it will take to edit these file names will be well worth it when you've progressed far enough into your campaign to update from early to more modern appearances, helping keep the slow journey through 100 years fresh.

Skip Intro Videos - Just a little quality of life improvement if you want to avoid the intro videos all together when starting ETW. Using Pack File Manager open movies.pack in the data folder and delete the relevant entries. Unfortunately, I've deleted them and don't have the names for reference here, which would have been helpful lol. But there were three or maybe four, with relatively self-evident names. ca.bik and sega something-or-other.bik, gameintro video (or thereabouts), and maybe one more with the word "intro" in it. You'll have to untick "CA Pack Are Read Only" in the PFM options menu in order to be able to save the edited movies.pack. And as you can tell, once they're gone they're gone, so if you like the opening cinematic and ever want to see it again, consider making a backup of the pack file (or that particular entry for re-integration later with PFM).

Well, that's it. With these you can enjoy a pretty substantially overhauled ETW experience, with the already excellent Empire Realism gameplay getting some aesthetic upgrades to graphics and audio. Thanks to everyone who's kept up and suggested submods, helped me look in the right direction to get myself set up for a campaign.

P.S. A couple of things to address.

ETW Realistic Uniforms
    First of all, thanks for the recommendations. Using most of them myself as a result.

However, the ETW Realistic Uniforms mod may be incompatible with ER5. The latest release from moddb (version 2.5) includes a patch.pack, with a whole lot of stuff in it that could directly conflict with ER5. In fact, that patch.pack is a core ETW file which is meant to be overridden. I believe it may have something to do with campaign unit appearance changes or something, I don't know, but it looked like a lot going on there. However, I think you would be safe to use only the models.pack from that download, as that should just be graphics. I tried it in a custom battle and it works, but for some reason the general's grenadier unit for every faction is the same (England's it looks like).

Quote Originally Posted by Krez2445 View Post
    i got hifimasters music and fife/drum with these above
    Thanks for this, I didn't know about this sounds mod. Like I mentioned above, I'd been using General Andy's Musket Sounds and General Duval's cannon sounds forever, but this is a rather comprehensive audio overhaul and realistic sounding to boot (far as I know).

But beware, if you've been using the whole mod (i.e., all the files from the downloaded zip) you may be experiencing unintended gameplay variations from ER5. As the description on the moddb download page says, "New music,sounds,fife and drums,light effects for weapons and increases range of shooting for Vanilla Empire Total War." Considering Empire Realism's main focus is the gameplay and the detailed work that went into making it play as well as it does, you might want to avoid such changes if you prefer to keep to the main mod playing as intended (there is a lot of detail in ER5 with things like differences in individual factions' muzzle velocities and how their bullets travel, for example).

The main culprit looks to be Lord_BSM.pack in that download, changing graphical effects and gameplay values. I don't know whether the light effects mentioned are compatible with ER5 or not, but the ER5 download post refers to Better Muzzle Flashes as being included by default so I just left that pack file alone. Also, I don't know what the exactly the differences between sfx.pack and sfxfire.pack in that zip file are. I do know they mostly conflicted with each other per Mod Manager, and sfx.pack alone works as intended to change all the audio, so that's what I went with. Music_Sounds.pack should work fine. I haven't tried the different variations of fife and drums from the various folders there, can't say whether they inadvertently affect anything or not.
    Last edited by Dooz; July 01, 2021 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Updated to include separate versions of the ER_Essentials.pack for both options of the Vanilla Units Enhanced mod

I've made the marvellous smoke effects from Empire Extended compatible with Empire Realism. I'm using modified versions of Dooz's ER_Essentials found above, so this requires you to use Vanilla Units Enhanced. Simply follow Dooz's instructions above and drop in my files for either Early or Mid units + the empire_extended_effects.pack into your data folder and enable in Empire Mod Manager. If you are a fan of the effects and want to try a NTW3 type gameplay in Empire Total War check out Empire Extended. Credit to Dooz and The Siberian.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/tahSSAZY#ZSXYKO...47TcfTpL-kKbeY

Empire realism
    ETW Realistic Uniforms

Hello. So I'm getting CTDs on battles when trying to use HD Graphic Pack Orbem. Is yours a .movie file or .mod file? I changed mine to mod file so I could activate via mod manager but perhaps that is a mistake.

hi guys do you know if VDM works with Empire Realism?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234