Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: reccomended submods with Empire realism

Default reccomended submods with Empire realism

Thread for sharing submods that should work fine with ER and add some flavor:

Modified Deployment Zones

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=342331

City remover from battle map - this one should improve a lot collision issues AI has with all those buildings..

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433201
    Last edited by JaM; April 08, 2011 at 06:09 AM.

Default Re: reccomended submods with Empire realism

Is AUM compatible with this mod? Have you changed unit stats so much that it will mess up the balance? thanks

Yes, ER has different stats so AUM units will not fit right..

are you planning on implementing more units or making some unit mods like aum work well with this mod? I personally think that the unit selection and variety is a bit small for some major nations. Have the dlc units stats been modified by you to make them balanced? If yes, I might get them for some variety.

Thanks and sorry for bothering you

and to keep to the topic here are some suggested submods that improve immersion:

Historical graphics overhaul: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344596
    Historical Music: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240727
    Historical flags: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244612
    Last edited by Sir Arthur Wellesley; May 02, 2011 at 03:08 AM.

yes, all DLC units have modified stats and they work fine with ERr.

music mods should work fine too and practically all mods that dont modify unit stats db.

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Don't forget smoke and blood mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=237457

Btw, does anyone know what mod is used in DMUC to give a different paintjob to ships? It's one of the few I really, really like.

Cheers...
    Last edited by mAIOR; May 03, 2011 at 06:45 AM.

hmm, painted ships are nice, thing is i'm using modified textures with realistic damage patterns to remove those boxy big holes.. so if you use any mod that has different textures, you will end up with ugly damaged ships...

mAIOR's Avatar Senator

Yeah... bummer... on another note, atm I'm using just the sound mod from Blood and Smoke. Does ER change any of the following?

* projectile_tables - yeah you change this one
    * projectile_impacts_tables
    * projectiles_explosions_tables
    * particle_effects_tables

Cheers...

definitly projectile tables... that one is modded extensively

another good mod - diplomacy fix which makes random war declaration less likely to happen (post #8 by Ryker )- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=449918

I really don't know what causes it, but when I don't launch ER thru the mod manager I get a ctd during battle everytime. When I do launch it thru the mod manager it's seems to be okay everytime.

What uniform skin mods are compatible?

not sure about that issue, but you probably use other mods which are in conflict with ER if load order is not specified.

Hmmm. I was wondering if the load order had some signficance. Only one doesn't show a conflict. Any easy way to determine if one of them is in conflict with ER?

P.S. the mods I'm using are

ModCampaignGraphics
    Flags
    No Cities

I have several more I haven't checked in the mod manager. Should these be deleted?

hard to say - ER doesnt need to be in user script. maybe that is the issue - combination of both..

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    P.S. the mods I'm using are

ModCampaignGraphics
    Flags
    No Cities

I have several more I haven't checked in the mod manager. Should these be deleted?
    I recommend, add one mod after another, each time load the game. That should show you, which mod conflicts.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

It seems to be the "no_battle_city_mod" causing all the problems.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It seems to be the "no_battle_city_mod" causing all the problems.

I thought so, but resisted to add that hint/assumption.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I also installed the "diplomatic" mod. No problems. Although, I had to change the difficulty from normal to hard, and I'm thinking about changing it to Very Hard.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast