Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: Screenshots

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by nhinhonhinho View Post
    2. Made SRG have 1-2 turn to train
    How do you do that? I don't plan on making them easy to recruit, something like five or six turns. I kind of feel that the thirty-turn recruitment is a bit extreme. Sparta had a small population of Homioi (Spelling? My apologies, I'm a history major but not that great on the Greek language...), but it was large enough that the thirty turns is kind of...urgh.

Also, if this is done, is it save game compatible? Or will I need to start a new campaign?
    Last edited by Eohelm; December 28, 2011 at 02:54 AM.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Lorry's Avatar Libertus

You have to change the export_descr_unit.txt file: find Spartan Hoplites/Royal Guard and change (stat_cost) 30 ... (which means 30turn recruitment time) to whatever you want.
    I think this is save game compatible, but I'm not sure. You can always try.

PS:
    It's spelled (transcribed) homoioi ( Ὅμοιοι in ancient Greek).

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Lorry View Post
    You have to change the export_descr_unit.txt file: find Spartan Hoplites/Royal Guard and change (stat_cost) 30 ... (which means 30turn recruitment time) to whatever you want.
    I think this is save game compatible, but I'm not sure. You can always try.

PS:
    It's spelled (transcribed) homoioi ( Ὅμοιοι in ancient Greek).
    Awesome. Thank you very much.

For anyone who is curious, it is save-game compatible, but any units you have already qeued up will still have their original recruitment time.

And thank you for the correction on the name. I know more about Greek history than your average bear, but for some reason the finer points of the language have always eluded me...
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

edit- have to covert screen shots to jpg, will repost in a little while

ok converted to jpg here they are
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; January 23, 2012 at 01:22 PM.

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

Which one is better? This mod or Diadochi Total War? They both seem similar to me.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

meanwhile, in Rome... the Carthaginian emissary ask our rich empire to pay a little 180 denarii if not they attack us.... needless to say, we prefer war

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Lorry's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
    Which one is better? This mod or Diadochi Total War? They both seem similar to me.
    I prefer this mod, as it feels like vanilla, but with a lot more units and overall balance.

Parsman's Avatar Libertus

What's the difference between this mod and XC?

Quote Originally Posted by Parsman View Post
    What's the difference between this mod and XC?
    You know i would like to know that too.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Diegotex View Post
    You know i would like to know that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    XC (like DTW) started over 2 years ago as XGM sub-mod.

While they share some material like artwork they have since evolved in very different directions.
    XGM is more suited for hardcore players and blitzers that likes to fight several stacks, while XC uses smaller, more realistic armies and is more suited to those that wants more realism in general and likes to role-play with their characters.

In short words, they may look similar but they play very different, a more detailed summary is available here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=401465
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Well, thank you for your kind words.

Niceties aside, historically elite units were not any smaller than line ones of similar size, rather it was often the opposite as rulers took all care in maintaining their "prestige" units.
    What limited their unit was economical or political considerations rather than some inherent superhuman quality of the elites themselves.
    In XC we went for a more sober representation of elites than XGM, meaning that while being extremely effective units on their own they will perform poorly if not used in their intended role.

What limits their number (especially in the later builds) is their cost within the rebalanced economy.
    This means that before you can afford high quality armies you will need to build your economy to support them, and even a well developed empire won't be able to keep around an "all elite" stack without that crippling their purse unless they have huge cash reserves in store.

Finally, XC is not just "XGM plus", it's a complete overhaul that is made for more strategically oriented players and ones that likes battles decided by smart tactics, so if you play it don't expect to use the same mindset as in XGM or you will fare poorly.
    Google has never hurt anyone

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

So...I have gone back to this mod to test something from M2TW, using infantry within first line of pike wall. So I started Macedonian campaign. It turned out to be more effective than I thought. In first battle, after I used my few cavalry units to eliminate Gallic cavalry, archers and captain they retreated so there was no contact, but second...well, here are the results. I forgot to load Fraps so I have no earlier screenies but...

One phalanx unit managed to score 600 kills while losing just 2 troops.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

A good day...

Nice!

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Wow. I spent two years outside this thread, completely forgetting I ever even played this mod, and see I'm one of the last posts here.

Crazy .
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

hi everyone. i was playing the Cyrene campaign and i was not remembering which towns or how many towns i had to conquer but i was happy to get the message that i had achieved victory. the Greek factions of the Seleucids and Macedonians were not easy opponents in H/H. Ptolemies and Armenians were also invading from time to time.
    time for the photos:

i kept playing and i conquered a few more towns from the Seleucids but then i had repeatedly C.T.D. and i said it's fine. i will stay with the nice memories of this nice campaign.