Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Default Re: Startup crash

I installed 3.6.13 also and the same error occured. I'm trying this pack now...thanks!

Edit :

Only 1/4 of those files in the zip were missing from the xgm folder. I re-installed the beta some 5 times and then installed the older official version with the same problem, are you sure the file is in them properly?
    Last edited by DarK_RTW; May 16, 2006 at 05:07 AM.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

The animations pack (animation/pack.dat) is not included in the XGM installer. Instead you get a patch file which is ued to generate the XGM pack.dat from the vanilla version. Something is probably going wrong with the patching process when you run the installer.

What version of windows are you running?

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Maybe the ZIP file you downloaded, didn't complete. Or perhapes was corrupted.

Locky: That's possible, but unlikely. The installer should quit out with an error if it's incomplete.

DarK_RTW: I've made some changes to the installer which might fix the problem, and I have set it up to generate an install log which will show up in the folder where the installer is located. Could you try this out and let me know if it works, or if it doesn't work, let me know what the install.log says. Any errors relating to the animations pack should be right near the end of the log.

Did you happen to do those fixes for the 4 beta installer? If you have, post a link and I'll try it out...

p.S I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2

Yes, the changes are in the new version of the beta, which you can get here.

Default Re: Some things that are bothering me

I've found the problem with historical events, so they will be fixed in the next beta release. At some point I might release another version of 3.6 with some bug fixes like this.

Default Can't recruit Phalangites

I can't recruit Phalangites. I've only tried with the greek cities. I've checked the codes but couldn't find any problems.
    I also can't recruit any region specific unit except the spartan units, (and if the athenian marine archers are athens specific) the athenian marine archers, wich I can recruit at any region.

Edit:
    Newest at the moment. Just downloaded it yesterday. But not the beta.

Also checked that if I remove the requirement I can recruit, but not else. There might have some problems on the resources at the regions, but I can't find it.
    Last edited by Felius; May 16, 2006 at 06:36 PM.

Default Re: Can't recruit Phalangites

It sounds like you have the wrong map.rwm file. Did you try to load a non-XGM saved game? Also could you tell me which version of XGM, and which map you are using?

The normal map, and I've started a new game. Actually I've started a new game many times trying to make sense of it.

Version I just edited it while you were posting it.

Try running the installer again. If that doesn't help, try deleting map.rwm in data/world/maps/base, and xgm/data/world/maps/base.

I have done both, and didn't solved. It also get problems with the line 1046 of descr_regions (or something like that) at the imperial campaing folder. I can easilly solve that (it just a region that got the name 8 and no value), but it made me think that I might have downloaded a corrupt version of the xgm. So i'm going to download it again and try it.

Edit: Downloaded it again and reinstalled the XGM (deleted the folder Xgm on the rome total war folder, and runned the installer that I downloaded again)
    Last edited by Felius; May 16, 2006 at 07:32 PM.

I tried to play with the mundus magnus to see if I could recruit with it, but discovered that I couldn't even start the campaign with it (neither the imperial campaign nor the unified rome one)

It does sound a bit like the installer is corrupted. Have you checked the size of the download (it should be 19,950,220 bytes)? Also you could try the beta - it generates an install log which might give us more of a clue as to what is going wrong.

19.950.224 bytes it's the size.

Yes I think I will try the Beta. It has some features that I disagree, but I think I will try.
    Or I mod it removing the need for the resources, and unbalance the game. Don't know.

I've just uploaded a new version of 3.6.13. The content is the same, but the installer has been updated to generate a log, so you could give that a try if you prefer to play that version.

I get similar file doesn't exist errors when trying to start campaign or battle maps in SPQR and RTR. What's wrong?
    Something wrong with my RTW/BI installation?

That would be my guess. Are you sure that your game is patched to 1.5/1.6? If you could send me the install.log generated when you installed the XGM beta (or the most recent version of 3.6.13) that might give me a clue as well.

I did installed with the log version. Still can't recruit, and didn't found anything wrong in the log. I'm uploading it anyway so you can check it if you wish. But don't worry, I can play with the permission to recruit anywhere (ok, and I admit that I modded to build everything in one turn and recruit anything in one turn, except the spartan royal guards, that I've put 10 turns)

Edit: Forgot to upload the log. Sorry about the zip file, but the size would be to big to the forum to accept if I didn't zipped it.

I had a look over the log, and everything looks OK, so I have no idea why the problem is occuring. But I am still sure that the problem is with the original map.rwm file being used instead of a new one being generated.