Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Not necessarliy because XGM contains some BI featrures. If BI works for you then the mod should work.

Do i have to have BI to play the mod because i don't have BI lol.... but i run World of warcraft and RTW and my computer does it relativley fine.

No, you don't need BI, and if you computer can run RTW then it is not a hardware problem. But you might need to update things like graphics drivers. You could also try doing a clean install of RTW and patching again (if you just have RTW then you need to install RTW, then the 1.3 patch, then the 1.5 patch).

probleme with caligula corrupt export desc_units

I have re-installed RTW and the Mod and all the patchs and it still goes to the loading screen makes a error noise and then the computer freezes on the screen and i have to restart. The gods just must not want me to play it = (

Tony Tone, after uninstalled the game. Go to your Program Files directory (or the directory that you have installed a game to) and delete RTW game folder (all of it) before attempt to install the game again. That should solve your problem.

Just experienced a hard lock during the deploying troops phase of a battle in southern Greece. I had no choice but to reboot. I'm not sure if it's an issue with XGM, or maybe just my computer. Whatever the case, I felt it should be reported.

Update: Just recreated the same crash. It happened in a battle between Greek Cities (me) and Macedonia right between Athens and Sparta. I notice the crash occurs when I try to deploy Cretan archers
    Last edited by Venom; April 17, 2006 at 04:21 PM.

Hm... that strange. Did you use Modding Legions? If you do, try uninstall XGM (by removing the XGM folder in your RTW directory) and reinstall XGM again and see whether it happens again.

Oh, and keep your savegame, just in case DimeBagHo needs it to find the cause of the crash.

What is modding legions?

It happened again, though. It was toward the end of a battle that I'd done really well on, so I was pretty pîssed off this time. I thought it was just with the archers, but this time it happened when I selected a general's unit. I don't understand why it keeps doing this. I might have to start a new campaign.

That is a strange one. I've never seen a crash like that. My only guess is that it might be a problem with the formation files. Try installing XGM again without a formation mod and see if that helps.

Thank you Dimebag and ZOd for all your help the mod is running great and its very fun!

Im currently playing as Carthage, and I cant recruit poeni (?) infantry (those without spears). I build all buildings at Cart, but still nothing .

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

it requires marian reforms to make it trainable. did they happened?

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Does Carthage have Marius, I thought only Rome do.

Anyway I build im. palace - no Marius.

They can only be built after the Marius reforms, but they only happen when a Roman faction builds a palace in Italy.

You mean I (Carthage) have to wait until some dirty Romans builds palace to get some infantry. And what if they dont do it in next 50 years or I accidentally beat them down?. I cant wait so long, and I cant stop beating them

I remember reading somewhere about deleting "require Marius" (?) in some text file, any guidelines, please?
    Last edited by Xam Enyap; April 23, 2006 at 01:53 AM.

some of the best units for most factions require marian reforms the file you need is export_descr_buildings. another thing you can do is to try to force one of the roman factions to build imperial palace with the add_poppulation cheat, never tried it but it should work

Proud patron of Cymera

Thanks KK I will try this out. :original:

1. In export_descr_buildings all Marian were for Romans. Didnt know what to delete.
    2. I pumped population up to 30000 for Rome, even tried process_cq on them, but Romans dont want to build palace.

I WANT THOSE PONIES
    Last edited by Xam Enyap; April 23, 2006 at 05:21 AM.

well in export_descr_building in barracs section you have army barracs and there is recruit "carthaginian late poeni infantry" 0 requires factions { carthage, } and marian_reforms
    so you delete and marian reforms and everything is fine

Proud patron of Cymera

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Xam Enyap
    Thanks KK I will try this out. :original:

1. In export_descr_buildings all Marian were for Romans. Didnt know what to delete.
    2. I pumped population up to 30000 for Rome, even tried process_cq on them, but Romans dont want to build palace.

I WANT THOSE PONIES
    Rome is not counted for the marian reforms, you should add population to some place like arretium...
    The Best Is Yet To Come: