Page 1 of 67 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

This is the place to post if you have issues with XGM.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; November 11, 2007 at 01:51 PM.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Good work on the mod guys, I tried out the XGM mod and found it much more interesting to play as the Greeks than in vanilla. But one aspect that I noticed was the use of the macedonian pikemen skeleton for the hoplites. Visually it was of no issue, merely an increase in unit size. But upon selection, the hoplites respond shouting 'Pikemen!' =/

Is there anyway that the voice commands could be changed? I know its purely aesthetical, but since there's an area that could be improved, I thought to raise it up anyway.
    Half of life is getting people to go away.

Well, consider that historically the greek standing armies were using phalangites rather than the classical age hoplites (who remained a popular mercenary outfit though), if you want to change it you need to find the greek hoplite entry on export_descr_sound_unit_voice.txt in the XGM data folder and replace it with the old one which should be like this:

Code:
    unit greek hoplite
    				event
    					folder data/sounds/Voice/Human/Localized/Battle_Map
    					Greek_General_1_name_greek_hoplite_1.wav
    					Greek_General_1_name_greek_hoplite_2.wav
    					Greek_General_1_name_greek_hoplite_3.wav
    					group
    				end
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Missing victory conditions?

Hi,

I downloaded your mod and it works fine. The only problem is the fact that there are only victory conditions for the Roman factions. I played with Chartago for I don't know how many turns when I noticed that there were no victory conditions. The was no "Hold XX provinces and Rome"-text.

What could be the problem?

What version have you installed? "vanilla" XGM, MM-XGM or BI-XGM?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

billydilly's Avatar Senator

I installed MM-XGM and BI-XGM.

I'm using the MM-map and the BI-cd.

I think there are no real objectives set for MM-BI XGM, someone stated that they are broken for BI-XGM to... I think that DBH might have a better answer
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Erasmus: Yep, those "hoplites" are meant to be pikemen. The hoplite style of fighting hadn't exactly fallen out of use by the game period, but it had largely been replaced by the Macedonian style phalanx. Even the Spartans switched to using pikes (in 220 BC I think).

billydilly: There is a problem with adding victory conditions in Mundus Magnus that I have not solved yet, but I will add victory conditions one way or another (scripted if necessary) to the next version.

Zarax: I've started adding a list of issues and common problems to the top post. You should have moderator powers for this sub-forum now, so feel free to use them. Take a look at the thread and forum tools to see what you can do.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; February 19, 2006 at 02:48 PM.

I downloaded this for BI 1.6..

(1) No Custom Battles in BI-XGM: At present custom battles don't work for BI-XGM. This is a hard to fix problem with the way that the BI executable handles mod folders so this may never be fixed. But there is a realtively simple work-around. You can copy xgm/data over the original data folder and change the target line of the BI-XGM shortcut to:

"[..]\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:

After copying all the XGM files to replace those they mimiced in the Vanilla Data folder, I tried running the game and it crashed, as it was unable to find the units (This was due to the model_Battle file looking for them in the empty XGM folder). I then reinstalled XGM and kept the files in Vanilla as the previous XGM, and while it started up right, whenever I tried to run a campaign battle, it froze when it was 1/8th through, and I had to reset to fix it.

It's not really the units that I want to get in the campaign. I just want to combine the potential for BI campaigns and battles (Custom and otherwise) with Vanilla factions in MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga
    It's not really the units that I want to get in the campaign. I just want to combine the potential for BI campaigns and battles (Custom and otherwise) with Vanilla factions in MM.
    Well, in your case I think it would be enough to replace the unit and models battle files with the vanilla versions after overwriting your data folder with the XGM files... Keep in mind that this might not be enough and you may get some extra errors.
    DBH might be more helpful on that.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Ahiga, you need to copy the files over, not move them (use right-click, drag, and drop, then select copy). As you found out the game will still look for certain files in the XGM folder. You can fix this problem just by running the XGM, and BI-XGM installers again. *Edit* I've changed the instructions above just to make this bit clearer.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; February 22, 2006 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Ahiga, you need to copy the files over, not move them (use right-click, drag, and drop, then select copy). As you found out the game will still look for certain files in the XGM folder. You can fix this problem just by running the XGM, and BI-XGM installers again.

The exact sequence in this case is XGM - MM-XGM - BI-XGM as there is mundus magnus involved too.

BTW DBH, there are chances that we will gather some of Borsook's RTWEP mod fanbase (and maybe some help) as XGM 4 is quite much going to deliver what was promised there... Maybe if Borsook will reappear and is not interested in continuing his work we could absorb at least part of that project in XGM...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    The exact sequence in this case is XGM - MM-XGM - BI-XGM as there is mundus magnus involved too.

BTW DBH, there are chances that we will gather some of Borsook's RTWEP mod fanbase (and maybe some help) as XGM 4 is quite much going to deliver what was promised there... Maybe if Borsook will reappear and is not interested in continuing his work we could absorb at least part of that project in XGM...
    Ok, I think I did those, but I'll give them a try again. thanks

Default Spain issues

Congratulation on getting a subforum and the releases of 3.5.2 guys! This mod is getting better and better everyday.

In 3.5.2, out of curiosity and boredom, I try playing as Spain (Iberia?) and found some glitches and bugs in them:

-Spain has a blue general. This, if memory serves, was a bug that was never fixed by CA (though player1 patch seems to fix this.)
    -Spain cannot recruit Iberia infantry which is odd, as they started with one.

In addition to these little oversights, spain seems to be the least developed factions in the game (hack, even Numidia seems more developed than these guys.) Although the focus of the mod is on the Greeks, I think it won't hurt if we could put some more "dept" into Spain (even just for the fact that Carthage and Rome will have a tougher and more interesting adversary in Iberian peninsula.)

Just my 2 cent, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by zodmaner
    Congratulation on getting a subforum and the releases of 3.5.2 guys! This mod is getting better and better everyday.

In 3.5.2, out of curiosity and boredom, I try playing as Spain (Iberia?) and found some glitches and bugs in them:

-Spain has a blue general. This, if memory serves, was a bug that was never fixed by CA (though player1 patch seems to fix this.)
    -Spain cannot recruit Iberia infantry which is odd, as they started with one.

In addition to these little oversights, spain seems to be the least developed factions in the game (hack, even Numidia seems more developed than these guys.) Although the focus of the mod is on the Greeks, I think it won't hurt if we could put some more "dept" into Spain (even just for the fact that Carthage and Rome will have a tougher and more interesting adversary in Iberian peninsula.)

Just my 2 cent, what do you guys think?
    Gotta check the glitches (iberians should get a barbarian general rather than a carthaginian one imho), about faction depth I've got a new unit idea, so check (and use) the feature request thread for updates...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Thanks for spotting the bugs zodmaner. The blue general thing was actually fixed in earlier versions - it must have crept back in somehow.

*Edit* I have uploaded a new version (3.5.3) which fixes the Iberian Infantry and Spanish general issues. Spanish family members now use the Carthaginian model, with a Spanish skin. Lesser generals use the barbarian model (I'm not sure how to change this) with a Spanish skin that is almost correct - the shoulders look a little weird. I might include a fixed skin in a later version, or if I can I will try to get them using the Carthaginian lesser generals.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; February 23, 2006 at 12:01 PM.

DimeBag, have you changed the model for it in Descr_Character?

Look under
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    type general

Instead of the Type named Character, find Iberia, and switch it's lesser general to use the battle model you see fitting.

Thanks Ahiga. I did look in that file, but I guess I missed that section when I was looking through it. I'll fix this up sometime soon.

Turns out there was a pretty serious bug in the versions of XGM 3.5.3 that I put up earlier. There was a subtle problem with descr_sm_factions.txt - so subtle that I still don't know what it was. Campaigns would start fine with the BI executable. Starting a campaign with the BI exe and then starting a new campaign with the RTW exe would also work (which is what I did in testing). But starting a campaign with the RTW exe first caused a CTD.

Anyway the problem is fixed, and I have also changed the Spanish lesser general to use the barbarian family member model. If you are using BI-XGM there is no need to download XGM 3.5.3 again.

Oddly enough, I just tried to run a BI-Exe campaign with MM XGM and BI XGM and it crashed.

Maybe it has to do with using MM XGM? (And yes, I installed first MM XGM then BI XGM then copied the BI+MM XGM Files over to the Vanilla Data folder, so I could play custom battles). It might just be my version, since this time custom battles worked. I'm going to tool around with it for a bit.
    Last edited by Ahiga; February 24, 2006 at 05:04 AM.

Page 1 of 67 12345678910112651 ... LastLast