Page 5 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Feature Requests

Don't like the changes in the last versions, therefor I play 3.6.6.
    Just wanted to say that, don't expect any compassion.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

I doubt anyone will flame you over it, but they might be curious as to what changes in particular that you did not like.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

We are very open to user feedback, so if you explain us your complaints with later versions we can at least try to address something if we find it reasonable...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Well I might just be an jackass , these are the changes I'd disagree on:

-General units now only 1 hitpoint, but defense and armour increased by 2: Use my generals alot.

-Decreased range of elite archer units to 150, Gastraphetes to 170 :Same with archers, like Gastraphetes very much. Though it dosen't matter If I don't play as Selucids.

-Movement rates reduced from 80% to 70% of vanilla: Don't see the point with this one.

Ok guys this not that big changes, but then you haven't added that much after 3.6.6, I'll stick with that one. Major changes, I'll surely play that patch (4.0?)

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Quote Originally Posted by Appius
    Well I might just be an jackass , these are the changes I'd disagree on:

-General units now only 1 hitpoint, but defense and armour increased by 2: Use my generals alot.

-Decreased range of elite archer units to 150, Gastraphetes to 170 :Same with archers, like Gastraphetes very much. Though it dosen't matter If I don't play as Selucids.

-Movement rates reduced from 80% to 70% of vanilla: Don't see the point with this one.

Ok guys this not that big changes, but then you haven't added that much after 3.6.6, I'll stick with that one. Major changes, I'll surely play that patch (4.0?)
    I think movement rates were reduced because battles were still over way too quickly and archers were changed because they were a bit unbalanced. However, I agree that General's units should have two HP.

- 2HP generals were the most unbalancing unit in the game... I agree that it's nice to have a terminator unit in your army, but when a single half sized cavalry unit racks half of the total kills the game looses any pretense of realism imho.

- movement rates were decreased to allow a slower pace gameplay and reduce 30 seconds battles, there is nothing that prevents you to put the game speed up if you want faster place

- Gastraphetes and elite archers had a ridicolous range, they were good but not THAT good...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Hi there…
    There goes my list. I haven’t had the chance yet to play this mod so perhaps some of the things are in fact implemented on it…sorry if that’s the case.

I’ve always find it odd that you cant just sack a city. I understand that barbarian hordes now can do that on BI but it would be really cool if you could do the same with any faction.

A friend of mine suggested, and I think he is completely right for realism sake at least, that you should get some money from destroying enemy armies and/or for sacking his lands. I realize that this is probably impossible to do cause it would require the game to be edited in depth but as I’ve seen that mod called metropolis that adds things on the map perhaps it is not that impossible a thing to do.

Naval battles really are way too much simple. I understand there is a mod there that covers this but it would be great if it could somehow be implemented in this mod. IMHO Naval power doesn’t deserve the overly simplified aspect it has received on this game.

There are no supply lines in the game. Again I understand this can hardly be implemented by a mod but, this thing was really quite important for strategies and tactics to be non existent in the game. Maneuvering one's armies so they manage to isolate the enemy's army from it's supplies was the pivotal point on so many battles that I find it odd that this crucial aspect of warfare is not at all present in the game, while things so accessory to history (although really fun) like assassins are.

I dunno is this mod allows you to play in the times of the Greek wars against the Persians and the ascendancy of Macedon. If not it would be a great addition if somehow it could be implemented.

A megacampaing going from the ascendancy of Thebes for example to the deposition of the last roman emperor in the west would be extremely cool.

Well...a man can dream...cant he?

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

Hmm, this is a bit too ambitious for our current capabilities, you're asking things that even Europa Barbarorum didn't ackieve...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

I would like to see most of those ideas in the game as well, but there is little that modders can do about most of them. Maybe CA will include some of these in the next version of TW, but personally I will be happy if they just get the AI to the point where it can handle the existing game mechanics.

Dejan77's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

long time since u relise some new version of uor mod

Well, if you want to beta test I'm working on a realistic prices minimod for XGM, makes the game much slower and battles more decisive...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I think battles have two main problems. The way autobattles go in which in order to exterminate a single unit army you have to command yourself the battle so you will not suffer and stoopid number of casualties which involves you micro-managing a lot more than anyone would wish for, and the way cavalry is so decisive in battles.

I dunno perhaps the thing is that battles are way too quick in order to avoid getting bored after many of them, and thus units tend to be unrealistically powerful, but with cavalry is all too evident. Also it is quite odd that fleeing units run almost as fast as a horse. That’s ridiculous. I hope it is addressed sometime.

The thing would be IMHO that armies to start closer together and units to move slower. The ability of a spy to discover the way the enemy is deployed before you deploy the units would be a great adittion too.

We already made cavalry a less decisive force, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about autobattles, unit speed has already been reduced...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

oh really? that's really cool...hopefully if my scippi campaing leaves me some time I will have a chance to see for myself.

If you like having an hard time XGM4 will offer you a better challenge as I'm playing with game economics and other factors to make late campaign much harder for players as well as simulating better the effects of large military buildup on a faction income...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

DBH, can you please drastically reduce farming levels in all settlements that weren't big cities historically?
    The global economy growth makes most of my efforts in creating a realistic economics add-on resulting only in delaying the moment where a player will start swimming in money when playing most western european factions...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Here is mine:
    Remove Brits as faction and add Epirus (with armies in Italy)
    People who play this mode don't play it for the brits.
    Brits do absolutely nothing - just sit there right now.

In BI there is space for more factions so no need to remove brits.

We could do that but there's another problem: how to make epirus different from other greek factions? Right now it would be a macedonian clone and nothing else...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

more skin replacements. defintely. i hope you can replace most of the Ca skins and color because they really sicken me. And can you use some of Hades work? his greek unit skins are excellent

DimeBagHo isn't too kin on using reskins as he likes to keep a constant quality level between units in the game, although if you find someone willing to update a few files he can include instructions on how to do it.
    We already have support for modding legions this way, check the game readme.
    The Best Is Yet To Come: