Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: sands of conquest( Dynasties & dominions of the desert~)updated 05/12/2011 VIDEO@!

Default sands of conquest( Dynasties & dominions of the desert~)updated 05/12/2011 VIDEO@!

Sands of Conquest

is a fantasy mod set on the island of Lurija
    on the mostly water planet of Wona
    Lurija is the only landmass on the planet ( except for a few smaller islands which are on the parameters of it)
    there are ten factions (Dynasties,all Similar to Islamic earth culture) which inhabit this island world
    the basic Idea is each one of these Dynasties starts out with their own secluded "Desert" Oasis area & build to where they can expand in Dominion across the Island & eventually conquer (as part of the win conditions) all five of the heavily fortified Rebel Fortresses in the center of the Island

the factions are (dynasties)

(jungle island culture)
    Shelabi
    Jaya Jahar
    Gaja Gun

(desert island culture)
    The Bahraja Caliphate
    The Taquil Dynasty
    The Caliphate of Mozul Rupita
    the Shiekdom of Dumaz
    The Sultanate of Ari
    Dea Depan
    Malikate of Makon

team:
    druvatar: team leader ( a little of this a little of that, a whole lotta this a whole lotta that)
    Russian Gondor: team member (some mapping,some coding)
    Selvo: (text & descriptions)

new members welcome p.m. either druvatar or Russian Gondor

thanks to Gigantus for basic heights map

Attachment 158542

Attachment 158543

Attachment 158544

Attachment 158545

Attachment 158546

Attachment 158547

Attachment 158548

Attachment 158549

Attachment 158550

Attachment 158551

video preview updated 05/12/2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2b87Zn_i0Q

Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; May 19, 2011 at 01:01 AM.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: sands of conquest (fantasy middle eastern mod)

It's good to have several ideas but I think you should try one project at a time. I mean, you've got a fantasy samurai mod, then you have a fantasy Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Polycarpe View Post
    It's good to have several ideas but I think you should try one project at a time. I mean, you've got a fantasy samurai mod, then you have a fantasy Middle East.
    you are right but if you understood what I said you would know I am electing for this one because I can accomplish it by myself
    but thank you

edit: and just for the sake of good debate of the many proposals here, few become real mods you feel out the interest & then you work on what you want! (if your an actual modder like me)
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; April 04, 2011 at 12:39 AM.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Indeed, I'm doing a project too War of the West, you can check this out if you wish

ok all, here are strat (Campaign)flags,colors & batllefield banners
    next up skinning strat characters & battlefield units
    & developing a firm storyline for faction descriptions but this is going briskly! once all that is done I will begin laying all the settlements & resources and finishing the map! not too long it should all take me well under a month~

edit sorry: also I will do custom unit cards as well!
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; April 04, 2011 at 07:20 PM.

faction descriptions:

Taquil Dynasty
    Attachment 153782
    The Taquil Dynasty has had a long & rich claim to dominance over The desert island which it inhabits with two other now powerful neighbors who in previous epochs owed allegiance & fealty to the Dynastic Taquil but years of political intrigue & turmoil with the ranks of the Taquil themselves caused a loss of focus on external control resulting in the loss of power & influence it wielded on the Island, with both the royal court as well as the common people of the land having strong rememberances of the "golden age" of the Taquil, no indivdual who is a taquil will be satisfied until the Taquil "divine mandate" of supremacy is restored!

the Caliphate of Mozul~Rupita
    Attachment 153788
    for eons under the control of the taquil & now free from the constraints of vassalage, are bent on declaring and becoming the next dominant occupying body on the island, warfare is a rather new proclivity for the empire because since its founding when the legendary great houses of Mozul & Rupita entered into unison with the fabled marriage of Prince gerat of Rupita to the princess of Mozul, the alluring & lustrous princess suwari
    the empire grew as a center of culture & finance as the new king & queen of this fledgling kingdom had great love for their people & invested the majority of their efforts into enhancing the average quality of life for their people & pursuing the greatest heights of sophistication in the arts & sciences.

the Sultanate of Ari
    Attachment 153790
    The Sultanate of Ari have some of the most skilled agents of espionage & intrigue on the island. Even though, they were a Vassal of the Taquil for a vast time, they were never really their subjects ( it is believed the Sultanate is responsible for most of the "behind the scenes" & inner nefarious events & conflicts which caused the decline of Taquil omnipotence throughout the island) with recent aquisitions of land holdings into the Sultanate "a Taste" for supremacy! is growing in the Sultan`s Womb! as well as in the minds of all the various entities of power which form the Sultan`s court!

The Bahraja Caliphate
    Attachment 153792
    located on the northwestern smaller remote islands which are "satellites" of the "main & preeminent island this has been a kingdom of isolation, such Isolationism & ability to govern and control their culture & civilization has inspired these people to become known for their "strong indepedence, ethical integrity and fairness in its conduction of their law. but with greater contact with traders from the mainland & receiving news of Taquil decline these people now have eyes towards what they see as a "fair" share of mainland dominance!

Dea Depan
    Attachment 153793
    For years the Depan have been watching with envy the fruits of the Taquil Dynasty and now they have grown in power as the Taquil have ebbed in it, they position themselves to stake claim to the Eastern portions of the main island launching their assault from the Islands they occupy in the northeast waters.

some strat map characters

I just skinned a faction tonight (screen shots in the morning) but in terms of music
    options

1. stick with vanilla campaign and battle middle eastern music but change the main menu & loading music

2. port the middle eastern music already in my main project ChC

3. find totally new tracks for all music

thank you

OH YES! Amazing idea (fantasy: my time to shine), shall I work up a custom map Druv? Just gimme a few weeks, currently enjoying a mini vacation up north near the Golden Gate

some re skinned units the Taquil Dynasty vs. the Caliphate of Mozul~Rupita

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Nice work you are working alone???

Quote Originally Posted by Turambar and death View Post
    Nice work you are working alone???
    for the most part I am working alone but Russian Gondor may help (as he did with ChC) on ground types & climates for the map

I am thinking may be 140 to about 175 regions most rebel controlled & making the rebels really, really aggressive! now for the map it will be primarily arid and dry desert with pockets of jungle & semi-fertile rocky desert

good luck!

to make this a little more interesting may be I will add two Christian factions ( Southern or Northern European) of course they will not be Christian though~

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Druvatar De Bodemloze View Post
    to make this a little more interesting may be I will add two Christian factions ( Southern or Northern European) of course they will not be Christian though~
    holy damn you work fast.

i don't think there is need for european factions, maybe a purely "african" one, but no europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    holy damn you work fast.
    thank you but I have a whole Bunch of immigrants I have taught to mod & I keep them in the basement working relentlessly~

i don't think there is need for european factions, maybe a purely "african" one, but no europeans.
    ya I agree, just thought it would be kinda cool a mod were the "Christians" are outnumbered

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

might be interesting to add a european based faction (maybe a mix of all european factions) and make them invade the map similar to the mongols
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

I could make this a fifteen faction mod all "Islamic" (this planets variety) but for that I can do everything! except one vital component code the textures/u.v. maps in the BmDb. (battle models database) for that minor aspect I will need help~ but I think 5 factions against each other in a realm of very powerful rebels is good!
    I already have all symbols, flags, both strat (campaign) and battlefield skins done for each of the five factions already in game
    now the only big thing is finishing the map and some minor unit/text adjustments & any other non-vital elements such as events, any scripting, music & so on
    thank you

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Druvatar De Bodemloze View Post
    thank you but I have a whole Bunch of immigrants I have taught to mod & I keep them in the basement working relentlessly~
    ah well, that explain's it.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast