Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: V2.5 - U Ai Mod Shogun II *Compatible with almost any other mod including Darthmod, All In One and S2R*

Default Re: V0.56 - Universal Ai Mod Shogun II

Best A.i mod out Hedge, i use it with Davinci's realism mod and everything is perfect to my liking.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JJPHATX View Post
    So is this mod compatible with the latest darth mod or no?
    Yes

To all tommorow im going to have the fun of trying to make the ai build more farms .

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Has anyone noted any mod clashes?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah, it clashes with all that modify ai, by overwriting those parts. This is what you want. It doesn't conflict with unit, building, skills, traits etc.

I played this mod along with Darth V 1.80, on Hard. The AI Ashigaru units will Waver for years but just won't rout.

This doesn't make any sense. You may not like it but routing was an important tactical element of warfare (still is). Overrunning and intimidating enemy units was at the core of many battle plans.

newt's Avatar Primicerius

This mod changes no morale values. Post your issues in Darth's thread.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Yes

To all tommorow im going to have the fun of trying to make the ai build more farms .
    Cool that will give me time 2 see how the game eye have going turns out.

The Shogunate is at his max power of 21 provinces. His homeboys the Bessho have 12 and Hojo has 6.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have had alot of first with your mod
    first time I have seen a Geisha (dont know if this is a big deal, I just have never seen it)
    first time I have seen 3 Efforts of Other in a game and its not over its around 1569 (3 Legendary building all by the shogun)
    first time the Shogun has used his power, and I like this. 21 I cant get over that.
    first time I have ever been this into a TW campaign this far into it.

I will try 2 recreate my shogun total war mongol invasion experience, and push the Horde back into the sea. The 4 province in the far east I will take up. I have given the shogun 500k(used Art Money 4 this) and will soon do the same with Bessho and perhaps Hojo.

Yes what Ploeperpengel said about the negative food is true, but not 4 all the Bessho did real well as far as I can tell (they have 2 stacks all others had only 1).

I am looking now with the money cheat 2 get a battle with over the 14,000 I had once with the TRON mod. I will see how big your mod can get without the money cheat some other time, I just cant put this off any longer.
    Last edited by TheJian; April 09, 2011 at 07:21 AM.
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TheJian View Post
    Cool that will give me time 2 see how the game eye have going turns out.

The Shogunate is at his max power of 21 provinces. His homeboys the Bessho have 12 and Hojo has 6.

I have had alot of first with your mod
    first time I have seen a Geisha (dont know if this is a big deal, I just have never seen it)
    first time I have seen 3 Efforts of Other in a game and its not over its around 1569 (3 Legendary building all by the shogun)
    first time the Shogun has used his power, and I like this. 21 I cant get over that.
    first time I have ever been this into a TW campaign this far into it.

I will try 2 recreate my shogun total war mongol invasion experience, and push the Horde back into the sea. The 4 province in the far east I will take up. I have given the shogun 500k(used Art Money 4 this) and will soon do the same with Bessho and perhaps Hojo.

Yes what Ploeperpengel said about the negative food is true, but not 4 all the Bessho did real well as far as I can tell (they have 2 stacks all others had only 1).

I am looking now with the money cheat 2 get a battle with over the 14,000 I had once with the TRON mod. I will see how big your mod can get without the money cheat some other time, I just cant put this off any longer.
    Nice to see the ai recruiting Geisha's. Anyway i guess thats the shogun showing you what you get for being an upstart .

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Nice to see the ai recruiting Geisha's. Anyway i guess thats the shogun showing you what you get for being an upstart .
    Huh? Had no idea this game had geishas in it!!!
    Me is Caesar
    Me no care
    Me go recruit
    a legionnaire
    If he die
    Me no cry
    Me go recruit
    another guy!

From front page I can't tell whether 0.56 contains the food problem or not... no readme's make it difficult to tell which version is which.

Artifex

No but 0.6 will fix it.

k thanks

My computer is incompetent and cant run S2 atm. When I eventually do get one I will download this mod, I have noticed the archer spam at a friends house. Thank you

Artifex

0.65 out. Thanks for the feedback guys! Changelog in op.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Cyr View Post
    Has anyone noted any mod clashes?

No, but for me as a commoner its hard to tell wich mod does what. Since nothing strange or totally unreasonable has happened in my game, ill say S2R and UAI work fine.

Default Re: V0.65 - Universal Ai Mod Shogun II

For the most part I liked what I saw while playing 0.56. One thing that seemed a bit odd though was that every other game, during the first turn the shogunate would declare war on Asai and conquer them. This was pretty nasty while trying to play as the Hattori.

Didn't really pay attention to whether or not this was happening with the vanilla AI as well, but the AI is notoriously bad at keeping its end of a military access bargain. If you make a deal for military access both ways for an indefinite amount of time, the AI almost always cancels your rights to move in their territory within one or two turns.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks so much Hedge Knight. Great work

I have a technical question or two concerning the mod:

With regard to compatibility, specifically for TROM's campaign pack --- I notice there's 11 tables or so common to both packs. In some cases, both you and Yarkis are using unique prefixes for table names so that the whole table doesn't get replaced, just specific elements (not 100% though). Also, there's obviously some edits to the same elements within a table by both mods. I'm curious how load priority is being handled in Shogun. Is it alphabetical? Would that go for individual table names and pack names as well (when in unscripted movie format)? Having trouble recalling the specifics from ETW/NTW.

I ask because I was scrutinizing the two packs both out of curiosity and also to double check that one mod wasn't perhaps making some change that may have a co-requisite edit in another table that might get overwritten (leaving it out of context and with the potential for funkiness). Just proof-reading, so to speak

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

This sounds like a great concept, HK.
    I've tried the .56 version and did note a better AI in terms of unit building and castle development.

One question, will the AI "specialize" it's castles? As in, it won't try to build dojos everywhere will it? Some cities should be all about economic development. Especially for S2R, with our Samurai unit caps, you don't really need a high level dojo in every province. I usually only have one or two castles that actually make the majority of my units, the rest are basically tax farms.

Maybe in the future you could make it so that the AI does a better job of turning provinces with Iron or Smithing into troop factories and provinces with cash generating resources into economic bases.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzz View Post
    For the most part I liked what I saw while playing 0.56. One thing that seemed a bit odd though was that every other game, during the first turn the shogunate would declare war on Asai and conquer them. This was pretty nasty while trying to play as the Hattori.

Didn't really pay attention to whether or not this was happening with the vanilla AI as well, but the AI is notoriously bad at keeping its end of a military access bargain. If you make a deal for military access both ways for an indefinite amount of time, the AI almost always cancels your rights to move in their territory within one or two turns.
    I have found the shogunate is 100% trustworthy. If you want an all out war at start don't become allies with them. If you want somone who has your back till RD the shogunate is you're man, just make them the first of the allies you pick.

Thats 4 the update Hedge Knight.
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

@ The Hedge Knight: Added a visual installation indicator to the main menu (see if you can spot it )

Argh, i cant spot it

Edit: 2 seconds later i found it n1