Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: V2.5 - U Ai Mod Shogun II *Compatible with almost any other mod including Darthmod, All In One and S2R*

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: V0.65 - Universal Ai Mod Shogun II

0.7 out which should fix major issues.

I have no isses with you fiddling with the mod so long as its for personal use (ie dont upload it somwhere and pretend its yours but i dont mind you giving it to friends and stuff for mpcs and the like of course). If you find somthing awesome though drop me a line and i may include it, ill credit you in the op too .

Default Re: V0.70 - Universal Ai Mod Shogun II

Thank you hedgeknight. I am aware and serious about Intelligent Property Right too, that's why I asked in the first place . This is only a major bug fix for the "Monthly Turn Mod" on Gameplay Tweak section, not anything awesome to be added to your great UAI mod here. Currently, I already posted the new version. There would be a credit section where I would clearly explain what I did with (as I have explained and thanked Spartan for letting me modify his "Extended Campaign" for public interest). If you have any troubles please just tell me, and thank you again.

Artifex

Im slightly confused ;/.

hey HedgeKnight, I know they don't have proper modding tools as of now but I am curious if it is possible to

1. Make a "rebel" held city/army aggressive and expand.

2. Say they control more than one city, make them another faction/nation....dont have to have artwork, just be an independent entity with its own turn. This could be cool and actually would make sense, rebel cities never recruit/develop that I have ever seen. And it's not like in real life they just sit there, they try to gain their sovereignty and attempt to be recognized. (India, east timor, phillipines) Just think it would be an interesting game dynamic

I realize the game treats rebels as all one dead-brained "faction" and that this is probably not possible even with mod tools, but i am wondering if you can at least make the rebel "faction" aggressive! Instead of sit on a road perhaps they'll attack your farms/trade hubs? would be interesting, thanks.

Artifex

The rebel issue is more due tot hem not having an ai in the startpos, dont want to mess with the startpos.

St. Cyr's Avatar Biarchus

Nice , another update

Just one other question, it probably falls into what I asked before....but anyway. Will the AI always try to build the highest level castle it can afford in every province? This is probably not changeable but it would be awesome if they didn't do that. They don't need a tier 4 or 5 castle everywhere, and it will be a big drain on their funds and food if they are always trying to build up everything to the max.

But again its probably impossible to instruct them to build up infrastructure but only in certain places and to certain degrees...

Ai seems to be steamrolling a little bit and leaving newly captured provinces undefended. Rebellions are not as common as the last version, perhaps it requires some more tweaking. Which tables do you modify for this I might have a play myself, already tweaked auto resolve a little so archers kill less.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by El-Vi-Riachi View Post
    Ai seems to be steamrolling a little bit and leaving newly captured provinces undefended. Rebellions are not as common as the last version, perhaps it requires some more tweaking. Which tables do you modify for this I might have a play myself, already tweaked auto resolve a little so archers kill less.

All the relevant tables are included, the notes are in my head. I tried spewing them at people but noone listened hence this mod.

First off, thanks for all your hard work! I've been playing with your mod + a few other smaller tweak mods and i've really enjoyed it. I am now trying out the AllInOne with DarthMod and AUM. Do i need to add UAI to the user.script, or is it fine as long as the pack file is in the /data folder?

thanks for any help!

Artifex

Just add it to your data folder and look for a sneaky spock on the main menu.

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

Testet the 0.7 version yesterday evening. Now you can finally play the Hattori again without being overun by the Ashikaga... Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Just add it to your data folder and look for a sneaky spock on the main menu.
    thanks for the quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    All the relevant tables are included, the notes are in my head. I tried spewing them at people but noone listened hence this mod.
    Fair enough guess I will just have a play see if i can figure it out myself

No clue if this is actually moddable, but it would be better to increase the AIs valueing of attacking/defending castles over attacking armies. It's kinda silly watching your vassal runs around chasing some minor stack instead of taking a province, and similarly silly to watch how an enemy full stack will proceed to ignore your town and try to chase down your single light cavalry.

Just another quick update using your current version with no other modifications. I have gotten about 80 turns into a hard campaign. AI is building castles well but I am still finding when I conquer them that they only have low level farms still. Could it be something to do with technology priorities perhaps? Not seen any Katana Samurai either Ai seems to be favouring stables, yari and archer building improvements it seems. There seems to be less activity from agents also but I have not come across many tho it is unusual as when a clan hates me or is at war they are constantly attacking my agents usually.

No, that isn't a banana

Quote Originally Posted by El-Vi-Riachi View Post
    Just another quick update using your current version with no other modifications. I have gotten about 80 turns into a hard campaign. AI is building castles well but I am still finding when I conquer them that they only have low level farms still. Could it be something to do with technology priorities perhaps? Not seen any Katana Samurai either Ai seems to be favouring stables, yari and archer building improvements it seems. There seems to be less activity from agents also but I have not come across many tho it is unusual as when a clan hates me or is at war they are constantly attacking my agents usually.
    I can second this observation. Few roads and few farms, and Yari drill buildings in every region I capture (Mori, VH, around turn 30 so far), and zero katanas.

Great archer/yari ash mix though.

Artifex

Will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    I second this observation also, AI army mix is quite good but no swords men. I have seen them using imported matchlock and Euro cannons in small amounts, usually a couple of matchlocks and a cannon for christian clans.

I would like to add the AI seems to have no problems building higher level military building to get beter yari, archers or cav. Also saw one faction build a chapel when they converted to christianity, caused some massive problems for me as it was converting my nearby regions and I had a few christian revolts, I really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by El-Vi-Riachi; April 15, 2011 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    I can second this observation. Few roads and few farms, and Yari drill buildings in every region I capture (Mori, VH, around turn 30 so far), and zero katanas.

And I third that.

Besides that, I would really like to see the AI value their cities a bit more, especially when they have only one. In every campaign I started so far, Oda dies within the first turn because they move their army away.

Nonetheless a great job so far

Something between 0.56 and 0.7 seems to have broken up AI recruitment of non-yari melee units again. In 0.56 you saw quite a lot of katanas and naginatas, now the AI is back to making either yari samurai, samurai bowmen or ashigaru.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: