Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Shogun 2: Total Clans - The 'all factions playable at any difficulty' mod! Playable ROTS Ashikaga available!

This "all clans playable" mod allows you to play as any of the minor clans from the sengoku campaign, as well as the Ashikaga clan from Rise of the Samurai. When you install one of the .pack files found in either the s2tc.7z or gempei_minors_ashikaga.7z, up to nine new factions can be selected in the clan selection menu for the respective campaign. The best bit is, you can play with these clans at any difficulty!

The s2tc.7z file provides access to each of the minors_setx.pack's detailed below. Just download the .7z file containing all the packs and extract the one you want to the data folder. I intend to start replacing each of these packs in order to make a far more polished release and to update the project to the latest startpos.

If you want more minor clans playable for Fall of the Samurai, 'Boshin: Total Domains' has you covered!

Factions found in s2tc.7z
    Available minor clans "minors_set1.pack"
    -Miyoshi
    -Ito
    -Mogami
    -Satomi
    -Ashina
    -Hatakeyama
    -Imagawa
    -Murakami
    -Saito

"minors_set2.pack"
    -Tsutsui
    -Jinbo
    -Sagara
    -Otomo
    -Ogigayatsu-Uesugi
    -Kiso
    -Kitabatake
    -Satake
    -Kono

"minors_set3.pack"
    -Asai
    -Shoni
    -Ouchi
    -Anegakoji
    -Takaoka
    -Ashikaga
    -Sogo

"minors_set4.pack"
    -Yamana
    -Hatano
    -Amako
    -Matsuda
    -Yamanouchi-Uesugi
    -Sakai
    -Bessho
    -Kikkawa

"minors_set5.pack"
    -Urakami
    -Honma

Rise of the Samurai Packs
    "gempei_minors_ashikaga.pack" (inside "gempei_minors_ashikaga.7z")
    This pack is more or less a preview of how ROTS factions would be made playable via my method. The subject is the Ashikaga of Shimotsuke. I created it some time ago, but I just confirmed it to be working and thought I'd post it for the benefit of the community. You will need to have bought ROTS in order to gain access to the campaign.

Mod Compatibility
    Unfortunately this mod is horribly incompatible with other mods. I am also using 'movie' types, meaning it is quick and easy to install on its own but not so much with with conflicting mods.

Unique Clan Information
    This section will be a work-in-progress. Bear with me on this.

The Otomo-shi (refer to the set 2 and Otomo screenshots linked below)
    -The Otomo are the only clan to start as a christian clan. They have a missionary agent in Bungo province.
    -The Nanban Quarter naval building allows for the custom unit - the Otomo Black Ship - to be recruited. It is weaker than the standard Black Ship. It is limited to 1 ship in both custom battles and the campaign. It costs 10,000 koku to use in custom battles and 12,500 koku to use in the campaign. It takes 12 turns to build and will require 1450 koku per turn for upkeep.

The Urakami-shi
    -The Urakami can recruit 4 different types of Ukita units: Yari, Bow, Loan Sword Ashigaru and Light Cavalry. Each of these units has a slightly better melee defence and armour than their vanilla counterparts. Ukita Loan-Sword Ashigaru are capped to ~6 units.
    -A little odd thing: I did tell the game to have the standard Yari, Bow, Loan Sword Ashi/Light Cav units to show up alongside the Ukita units, but alas it did not kick in. It isn't a gamebreaker, it just means you will only use the Ukita variants for the 4 units in a Urakami campaign.

The Miyoshi-shi
    -The Miyoshi have Irrigation-teir farms in each of their three starting provinces.
    -They have the old Chosokabe-specific units and bonuses.

The Ito-shi
    -Osumi and Hyuga have Post Station-teir roads
    -Osumi is crawling with the Shimazu; this is your starting challenge. In pretty much all cases, Osumi will be lost.
    -They have the old Shimazu-specific units and bonuses.

The Mogami-shi
    -The Mogami have a stoneworks-teir stone mine in Ugo.
    -They have the old Date-specific units and bonuses.

The Satomi-shi
    -The Satomi have a trading port in Shimosa.
    -They have the old Hojo-specific units and bonuses.

The Ashina-shi
    -The Ashina have superior Naginata Samurai.
    -They have a custom Naginata Samurai Cavalry unit.
    -They have the old Uesugi-specific units and bonuses.

The Hatekeyama-shi
    -The Hatakeyama can recruit superior and cheaper ronin units.
    -They have the old Mori-specific units and bonuses.
    -Their victory conditions and the starting territories make this faction quite hard to complete.

The Imagawa-shi
    -Suruga province has a Confucian Academy
    -They have the old Tokugawa-specific units and bonuses.

The set 3 minor clans have custom victory conditions.

Important information regarding faction packs inside "s2tc.7z"
    The fog of war acts up due to the old scripting. It should fix itself when you end your turn, but to deal with it on the first turn simply go to the "armies" tab in the top-right hand part of the screen, select an army (the camera will automatically move to it) and right-click somewhere near the location of that army. Some of the fog of war will clear when you move each army. Alternatively, setting up a trade route will reveal your town-fort, or one of them if you have more than one. Another alternative I noticed is that when my lone general entered a town-fort, the entire province was visible; try that out.

Removing this mod before completing your campaign can be done. Just note that there will be a few odd things. So, you should leave the pack file in the data directory whilst playing through the game.

There seems to be a localisation annoyance. Basically, anyone that uses a non-english language in Shogun 2 will not be able to see any text changes. For example, in set 2 the Otomo clan name will show up as the Mori, because the S2:TC text files do not apply to non-english users of S2. I will try to find a fix for this, but for now the best way to enjoy the campaign is by using the english language.

With the Saito campaign, Saito Dosan's starting army are in a forest. Unfortunately, you need to get a unit to scout the forest to the north-east (assuming you don't change the camera orientation) of the Mino town-fort. Once that unit can see Dosan, you can finally control that army. Consider it a mission: "Dosan's Hide and go seek" .

With the Honma campaign, you won't be able to see your Bow Kobaya unit until the AI makes its move, at which time the Mogami will attack that bow kobaya unit with their own. There isn't much I can do there until I properly deal with the fog of war.

With the Ashikaga clan, after the fourth turn the "you are shogun!" thing kicks in (a side-effect of swapping them with a major clan). As a result, you basically have four turns to get a military going and set your allies up, as the realm divide game mechanic will force every clan you aren't allied with to declare war. That won't be pretty . This may make the Ashikaga clan the hardest clan to play as in my 'all clans playable' set.

With the Otomo campaign, a bow kobaya unit is sitting to the east of your nanban trade port. Be sure to recruit a ship to either start building a navy or destroy it to elevate your income.

Installation
    The .pack file should be placed in Shogun 2's data folder.

It is commonly found here:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

Make sure that you don't extract more than one .pack file at a time .

Credits
    There are a few people that have given me permission to use their work in this mod, so once I throw their ideas in I'll get them up here.

I would like to thank husserlTW for two reasons: Firstly, I borrowed the feeling of "Napoleon: Total Factions" in the new mod title. Secondly, his understanding on unlocking minor clans allowed for this mod to achieve polish by removing the Ikko-ikki/Hattori clans in each of the sets, as well as a few clans in the last three sets. Thank you very much!

Carthago put together an Ashina-specific Naginata Samurai unit here. Essentially, the Ashina's Naginata focus and my custom Naginata Samurai Cavalry was derived from his idea, so thank and rep him for his unit and for providing a conceptual basis!

Screenshots!

A screenshot of the clan selection menu with set 1 installed

A screenshot of the clan selection menu with set 2 installed

A screenshot of the clan selection menu with set 3 installed

A screenshot of the clan selection menu with set 4 installed

An Otomo screenshot with Nanban Quarter building details (Note the "Otomo Black Ship" unit)

Here is something similar to what you will see when you hid RD as the Ashikaga clan

Sub-mods
    Bad213Boy has made an update that provides a longer end-year to the player (1700). Download it here.
    Last edited by Akaie; November 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available - Imagawa Beta Available

Wow I'm seriously impressed of your work

How exactly did you figured it out? Did u used a little bit of my idea?
    if you now overwrite one Clan, let's say Oda, with the Ashina, you'd earn so many rep you can't figure out

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available - Imagawa Beta Available

Have you literally, swapped positions symbols, loc entries etc (guessing due to the current bugs), if so kudos, if not kudos also. Whatever, cool :p.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthago View Post
    Wow I'm seriously impressed of your work

How exactly did you figured it out? Did u used a little bit of my idea?
    if you now overwrite one Clan, let's say Oda, with the Ashina, you'd earn so many rep you can't figure out
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Have you literally, swapped positions symbols, loc entries etc (guessing due to the current bugs), if so kudos, if not kudos also. Whatever, cool :p.
    I essentially swapped the territories of two clans (in this particular case the Tokugawa and Imagawa). A side effect was that I was not just changing the territories but a few other things like crests, banners, and so on. While there were a few things that do not need reversing with this method - from memory the .loc files were one thing - things like clan crests, banners, etc, do.

Apart from the tutorial campaign method and what seems to be a protected method of accessing factions (either that or a custom entry in the clan selection menu is dependent upon files external to the startpos.esf), this seems to be a solid, if not a bit odd-looking, way of playing as the minor factions with any difficulty.

--------

As a general note, I might throw out another beta soon. This time, I will replace nine factions in pretty much the same way I did the Imagawa clan. This time, I will deal with the fog of war. I will also make a little unit variant that changes the daimyo. The major clan that the minor clan swaps with may have that minor clans' daimyo at the game start, as it is a bit annoying to track down those unit variants. I'd prefer to focus on the important parts of the mod.

So! With the new minor clan campaigns, you'll have new clan selection buttons, the crest will show behind the daimyo and a new clan description will show up, but the old daimyo and the clan name will be there (for now). I won't change the clan name because the change is also seen in the campaign. The important part is that you can choose the difficulty for that minor clan campaign. Almost everything should be as it should be in the campaign with some reversions. The most significant oddity will be having the major clan daimyo in the minor clan army and vice-versa. The part where I need community input is whether or not you found a problem. Not finding a problem is just as important to me as not finding one.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

You're my hero Anton

Pleaaaaaase include the Ashina

The first wave of nine clans will be the Imagawa, Ito, Hatakeyama, Satomi, Murakami, Saito, Mogami, Miyoshi, and for your sheer happiness over the mod, Carthago, the Ashina .

I'll put that one up in a few hours if I get it done tonight. If not, then early tomorrow. If there are no bad side effects, I'll put the rest of the clan packs up soon after.

Something to note, though. I haven't edited the victory conditions. This means that if you play as the Ito, for example, you will need to take the same victory condition territories that the Shimazu has to win. I am working with the pre-existing victory conditions, so minor clans that are in close proximity to a major clan may use that major clans' victory conditions.
    Last edited by Akaie; October 15, 2011 at 04:20 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Ohhhhhhhh this got me thinking. I'm still pinning for a Sekigahara campaign mod.

This time the Hojo will be the Tokugawa to represent that its new base in Edo, even if they dont have Edo The Hatakeyama will become the Torii since its Osaka, neighbors of the Mori will become the Kobayakawa, replacing some northern Kyushu clan. Azai will become Ishida, Takeda will become Asano or maybe Sanada Kato Kiyomasa will be replacing some middle Kyushu Clan maybe Otomo. The Tokugawa will either Ii or Honda, even if its under the Ikeda Ikko Ikki will go to the Maeda and on on on on but the gist is to prioritize that every participant in Sekigahara gets an almost historical place in the map even if it meant replacing the Hojo to make it Tokugawa for example. But I fear its too big of a task I mean I can imagine clan swapping lone clans is already huge task. S

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

The first wave of nine clans will be the Imagawa, Ito, Hatakeyama, Satomi, Murakami, Saito, Mogami, Miyoshi, and for your sheer happiness over the mod, Carthago, the Ashina .
    This will be...

Ok. First set is up. Have at it!

-----

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    Ohhhhhhhh this got me thinking. I'm still pinning for a Sekigahara campaign mod.

This time the Hojo will be the Tokugawa to represent that its new base in Edo, even if they dont have Edo The Hatakeyama will become the Torii since its Osaka, neighbors of the Mori will become the Kobayakawa, replacing some northern Kyushu clan. Azai will become Ishida, Takeda will become Asano or maybe Sanada Kato Kiyomasa will be replacing some middle Kyushu Clan maybe Otomo. The Tokugawa will either Ii or Honda, even if its under the Ikeda Ikko Ikki will go to the Maeda and on on on on but the gist is to prioritize that every participant in Sekigahara gets an almost historical place in the map even if it meant replacing the Hojo to make it Tokugawa for example. But I fear its too big of a task I mean I can imagine clan swapping lone clans is already huge task. S
    Y'know, I'm still interested in that as well. I'm not sure how well I'd bode in regards to time, but if you're up for a collaboration, I'm in. I'll probably still pick your brain and so on, but if you could lay out what regions would go to who, I could at least start to work on it. For the larger clans, if I can't simply give lots of provinces to a single clan, maybe do a ROTS-esque thing where you have more than one clan under a parent clan. I must say... sounds quite interesting .

Quote Originally Posted by Carthago View Post
    This will be...

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available - First set of 9 clans available

You are the man Anton, I'll say it again, you are the man!

The TWcenter community owes you a big thanks.

I can't wait for the rest of the clan packs!
    "What? Men dodging this way for single bullets? What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance. " - John Sedgewick, Union General, his last words before being killed by a sniper.

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available - First set of 9 clans available

Quote Originally Posted by HappysLegi0ns View Post
    You are the man Anton, I'll say it again, you are the man!

The TWcenter community owes you a big thanks.

I can't wait for the rest of the clan packs!
    No problems .

-----

Since I haven't exactly heard back from anyone, I had to do a little testing myself. I found that the major clan's unit variants show up in the minor clans' campaign (remember that those minor clans were simply swapped). For each clan I swap, I will change the names to the appropriate faction. Bear in mind I am leaving the original victory conditions territories for each of the minor clans and the old faction bonuses will apply to them as well.

Also, the first set is updated with these things:
    -Territory count at the clan selection menu is now correct.
    -Unit variants renamed to the appropriate minor clans.

------------------

Before going to sleep last night, I hammered out which clans will be in which set.

Set 2:
    -Tsutsui
    -Jinbo
    -Sagara
    -Otomo
    -Ogigayatsu-Uesugi
    -Kiso
    -Kitabatake
    -Satake
    -Kono

Set 3:
    -Asai
    -Sakai
    -Shoni
    -Ouchi
    -Anegakoji
    -Takaoka
    -Ashikaga
    -Sogo

Set 4:
    -Yamana
    -Hatano
    -Amako
    -Matsuda
    -Yamanouchi
    -Bessho
    -Kikkawa

The last two sets have 8 and 7 clans respectively. While I will not touch the Ikko-ikki and Hattori, I will knock out any vanilla major clans that I did not change. I am doing this to avoid pointlessly making a campaign dependent on this mod. I have hammered out a more polished process of doing this stuff, so it won't be an awfully long time before I have the three other sets up on the TWC. I will continue to polish them where I can, but it is very possible that I may not completely refine these new campaigns. I apologize for this, but hey, the main goal of this mod is to provide all difficulties to a minor clan campaign and it does that .
    Last edited by Akaie; October 15, 2011 at 10:24 PM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available - Two sets of 9 clans available

New mod pack. This one contains clan selection menu access to the Tsutsui, Jinbo, Sagara, Otomo, Ogigayatsu, Uesugi, Kiso, Kitabatake, Satake and Kono campaigns!

It is linked to my first post in this thread. Alternatively, download here.

A fix for the agent crests for the first pack file is coming soon.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Default Re: All Clans Playable Through Clan Selection Menu; All Difficulties Available - Two sets of 9 clans available

Your work is amazing but it surely need more polishing. I did glad to see that now we can chose difficulty.

can you add a proper trait for Otomo? they don't have the christian trait that reduce the gun turn.

Toyotomi campaign is cool too if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by SaengsaWang View Post
    Your work is amazing but it surely need more polishing. I did glad to see that now we can chose difficulty.

can you add a proper trait for Otomo? they don't have the christian trait that reduce the gun turn.

Toyotomi campaign is cool too if you know what I mean.
    I agree. My modding philosophy is to release a limited (but solid) version as soon as I can rather than spending as much as weeks refining without anyone getting to enjoy things for a while.

My first goal is to get all of these clans set up in the clan selection menu. My second goal is to then customize and refine those clans.

As you mention, Otomo will have a christian focus; cheaper/quicker access to matchlock units and so forth. Think of the current clan bonuses as placeholders. Ideas for unique clan bonuses is something people can contribute. Another point of refinement would be the clan daimyo and fog of war scripting.

This refinement will start once I have created the other two clan packs.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Truly great work, thank you! Could you please add Honma to one of your upcoming sets? I was really looking forward to trying that one.

really great mod, havent played so much but so far no problems for me that I can think of. As for new clans, what about a ronin clan. Or maybe a pure-shinto clan for Sagara with traditional and anti-christian ideals. anyway keep it up

Thought I'd pop on before I go to sleep .

Quote Originally Posted by z_3000 View Post
    really great mod, havent played so much but so far no problems for me that I can think of. As for new clans, what about a ronin clan. Or maybe a pure-shinto clan for Sagara with traditional and anti-christian ideals. anyway keep it up
    Unique ronin units are a great faction bonus! Same with the Sagara suggestion. This is what I need . And I am glad you like the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by markevich View Post
    Truly great work, thank you! Could you please add Honma to one of your upcoming sets? I was really looking forward to trying that one.
    Thanks, mate. I noticed I, err... overlooked... the Urakami and Honma. I decided to put them in a fifth set. In addition, I am itching to test knocking out factions from the clan selection menu. Too bad I can't simply do the opposite to unlock them . What this will mean for the next three packs is that in two of them, one of the 9 main clans will be missing. Don't worry, it isn't gone forever. It only applies when the mod is installed. In the Honma/Urakami pack, I will remove all but 2 of the 9 clans, but will leave the Ikko-ikki and Hattori alone.

Considering the Honma/Urakami pack will take much less time to complete, I will put that together before dealing with the other two larger pack files.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quote Originally Posted by Anton93 View Post
    I agree. My modding philosophy is to release a limited (but solid) version as soon as I can rather than spending as much as weeks refining without anyone getting to enjoy things for a while.

My first goal is to get all of these clans set up in the clan selection menu. My second goal is to then customize and refine those clans.

As you mention, Otomo will have a christian focus; cheaper/quicker access to matchlock units and so forth. Think of the current clan bonuses as placeholders. Ideas for unique clan bonuses is something people can contribute. Another point of refinement would be the clan daimyo and fog of war scripting.

This refinement will start once I have created the other two clan packs.
    oh man! you're one hell of a modder.
    glad to se a dedicative guy. I'll try to keep up with your work.
    There seem to be a bright future ahead of this.

P.S. after all this hard work please don't forget to ask Erwin about his campaign ideas , they're cool!

Toyotomi campaign: begin right after Nobunaga assassination.

+Rep

Looks cool!

Would I have a problem running Darth mod/clan textures and banners mod with this?

If you want you can use my Ashina Advanced Naginata Samurai for the Ashina as bonus I read something about them, they were the strongest power in the north until Date Masamune conquered their territory, so I think they deserve f.e. a bonus like -10% building cost or something like that (because they weren't militaristic but civilistic orientated at all).

When I have time I'll create a Naginata Cavalry which replaces the Light Cavalry for the Ashina, if you want you can use them

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast