Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Turn Mod Updated V 1.0 (Fixed Bug) + Looking For Partners

Icon10 Re: Monthly Turn Mod Updated V 1.0 (Fixed Bug) + Looking For Partners

this mod owns +rep

Default Re: Monthly Turn Mod Updated V 1.0 (Fixed Bug) + Looking For Partners

very good ideas here

The three season longer year mod was my first mod i used in ETW and i think adding to the seasons gives a much more tactical feel to manouvering.

I been doing my own humble personal mod which uses the same idea and these are just a few things that i found good to tweak to compensate for the longer game. (btw im sure many u may have already covered)

Town/Trade Growth.
    Unit Replenishment.
    Religious Conversion.
    General Respawn rate.
    Rounds to be Shogun.
    TIme of Buffs from missions.
    Diplomacy Relations change over time.
    Recruit and building times of course like u have done.

anyway i just thought id mention some of the stuff that i found tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    very good ideas here

The three season longer year mod was my first mod i used in ETW and i think adding to the seasons gives a much more tactical feel to manouvering.

I been doing my own humble personal mod which uses the same idea and these are just a few things that i found good to tweak to compensate for the longer game. (btw im sure many u may have already covered)

Town/Trade Growth.
    Unit Replenishment.
    Religious Conversion.
    General Respawn rate.
    Rounds to be Shogun.
    TIme of Buffs from missions.
    Diplomacy Relations change over time.
    Recruit and building times of course like u have done.

anyway i just thought id mention some of the stuff that i found tinkering.
    Tokugawa Ieyasu took Kyoto 3 years before he was made Shogun. I would like to see at least a 2 year term of maintaining all victory conditions while the cpu goes ape sh!t on my empire. None of this 4 turn BS. Make it difficult to win, why don't you? 24-36 rounds with this mod would be killer.

Also attrition has been mentioned. This is a BIG DEAL. With a 3 turn winter attrition becomes a MAJOR element here. I'd love to see the values hiked. I'd love to see attrition for armies in my own territory tough, but that would nuke the AI's roaming mini stacks... If only it could be tied to the circle of influence of your castles... That would be spot on.

I would like to see more of an effect of season on weather as modding of this game develops, and more of an effect of weather on troops. Again, with 3 turns in each season it would give tactical periods worth planning around. Fundamentals like don't reach too far in winter, dont rely on archers or horse in the rainy season, expect to fatigue faster and for longer in the summer, and make ranged weapons all but useless in fog.

Campaign map movement distances of armies and agents would have to be cut down, but certainly not cut into a third. That would be too much.

I play with DMS and I've been watching this mod for a while wondering if I should play it too. I really want to, but until something is done about balancing research/training/building it just seems like the game will be over in as many turns but not as many years. The other stuff I've mentioned is certainly more long term, but pacing the game to play as a month to month game that still hits end game circa 1590's is key.

-Cheers
    Last edited by Blackthorne556; April 16, 2011 at 07:31 PM.

What is the difference between this mod and the extended campaign mod?

This one causes seasons to last three turns. Extended lasts for more years.

Though he also has combined both here as well, second link on the main page I think.

Clarification:

The primary goal of this mod is to extend the turns to be more realistic. I am planning to have many radicals changes regarding the attrition/ replenishing/ food/ as well as introducing a new military supply system. However:

1) I am aware of elements you guys mentioned but those changes would be inferior without first having fundamental systems overhaul like I just said about. What I meant by inferior is that those common changes on unit movement reduction, extend building/recruiting time would only harm the gameplay of the current systems by unnecessary overextending-time.

2) The project is going no where guys. Its good that the idea keeps coming but as I mention on my front page and thread's title. I am looking for a coding partner because the project require heavy coding. I tried to work alone on it but could not ( I cannot decompile the necessary luac files ). Therefore, until anyone feel strongly about this project and is able to help happily with the coding process, the project is officially halted.

This mod is the only way to make attrition feature work well I think. To have seasons is beatiful and all that but the gameplay elements should more reflect this. As others has stated that rain should effect cavalry more and so on. The standard 4 turns per year makes it to easy to just ignore winter, at least i find it so. And movement and building time should be altered if this mod is to work.

I would be happy to help, but I really have no experience in modding before. umm...

Although to have a 12 turns per year may make it harder for the AI to handle the winter.

Anyone tested this mod and have seen how the AI behaves?

Quote Originally Posted by jompezipper View Post
    This mod is the only way to make attrition feature work well I think. To have seasons is beatiful and all that but the gameplay elements should more reflect this. As others has stated that rain should effect cavalry more and so on. The standard 4 turns per year makes it to easy to just ignore winter, at least i find it so. And movement and building time should be altered if this mod is to work.

I would be happy to help, but I really have no experience in modding before. umm...

Although to have a 12 turns per year may make it harder for the AI to handle the winter.

Anyone tested this mod and have seen how the AI behaves?

AI does't care about winter anyway with their amazingly low unit upkeep and extreme fast recruitment slot.

are u sure? completely ignores it?

does it really have so low upkeep and fast recruiting? even in mods like darthmod?

I use this mod with Darth Mod. No change to AI caused by this mod, I assume.

I wish the two would merge and gameplay could be balanced, the only problem with my campaign is that I finish my tech tree quite early and the map is 4 major clans by 1560's-1570's.

By the way, to the modder - Did you add the month names yourself, or does the game do it itself? In record and summary month names are present, did you have to create them and attach them to each of the 12 turns? or just change a number from 4-12 or 1-3?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

It does it on it's own.

edit: I made this change on my own before this mod came out, and the months were there automatically.
    Last edited by newt; April 20, 2011 at 11:50 PM.

Brilliant. Almost like the game was meant to be this way and they canceled the plan maybe?

That, or they have it in game for DLC purposes

Either way, I'm glad to see it. Feels right

My only problem now is that where I use this mod with Darth Mod, and Darth is currently setup for a seasonal game, I kind of feel like I need something that tunes the game balance for a longer game. The problem then becomes a matter of what doesn't interfere with DMS...

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

I had combined both DMS and this one, tweaking to the following:
    - Tech: The time it takes to complete them and some of the effects.
    - Buildings: Income of most buildings reduced, and the time they take to be build increased for most of them. Castles upgrades now take years, others like the hunting camp only takes one month (how much it takes to put some tents on the woods??). The ports now give some food too, and I made the Barracks have all the upgrades of the encampment, but they now consume food, are more expensive and take like a year and half to be build.
    - Troops and vessels: The time it takes to train troops have been mostly increased, but I'm not quite happy with the way they are now, I want to make it more realistic.
    - Agents : I'm trying to increase the max quantity of agents, also the agent buildings grant them some experience from the first level.
    - Slots: This are giving me a terrible headache.. But I manage to increase the viable slots both for building and recruiting from the beginning, but in the end I'm aiming to increase the maximum quantity from recruitment (from 6 to something like 10 or more) and the buildings from 8 to 12 or something like that. The sad true that might be impossible.
    - Other: I tried to give the projectiles more real range and damage, but having not modding experience I might have as well failing in this.

In the end I tend to go for the most realistic things, if you can read all the other wall-of-text I have been doing you could see that!
    Sorry I can't help you more because I can't code in lua.

In case any one wanna see it or at least see what files you have to change to mod the things I said here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=21RK0C2X
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 01, 2011 at 11:07 AM.

Please delete this one, I double posted by mistake.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; May 01, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

Just to point you in the right direction regarding the family tree issues, the values are in campaign_variables_tables

You will probably want to set time between births, and from marriage to first birth, to 12 months, and reduce the chance from 5% to 1-2%.
    Also you can change the cap from 5 children to like 3-4 children, to sort the issues with too many grandchildren.

Edit: Nvm, I saw you already fixed some of it.
    Last edited by Vragos; May 05, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vragos View Post
    Just to point you in the right direction regarding the family tree issues, the values are in campaign_variables_tables

You will probably want to set time between births, and from marriage to first birth, to 12 months, and reduce the chance from 5% to 1-2%.
    Also you can change the cap from 5 children to like 3-4 children, to sort the issues with too many grandchildren.

Edit: Nvm, I saw you already fixed some of it.
    Ehhh?? That wasn't with me right?

Sr for newbie, but how can i use this mod? Extract it to data of game and play?

Yes

If it doesn't work, it's because of the newest patch. you will have to wait for an update

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast