Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: >> The Great Conflicts map.<<

Default Re: >> The Great Conflicts map.<<

Quote Originally Posted by HobGremlin View Post
    I don't think a landbridge is to the same effect as a river-crossing, as a land bridge can be blocked by a navy, stopping its use unless a more powerful navy can move them; whereas navies cannot ride up rivers to block them.
    point is, it has the same effect in terms of not screwing the AI`s pathfinding, as compared to an actual island.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

A silly question: did you ever planned to move the map a little more east? My dream would be see Edessa and Aleppo on the map, this would allow you to add the Hadmanid Emirate between romans and Tulunids, making that part of the map more challenging. Plus if i'm right, charachters like Saif al-Daula made a big part in the conflicts between arabs and romans during that time. The top would be adding georgian and armenian principalities too, but i understand that is a too big amount of work at this point of the job. Just my two cents, best wishes for the most wonderful mod ever made!

Boriak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    of nothing, I'm not expert, best would be to check out with a slovenian historian.
    Aquileia was the principal center of Christianity at this time. I will check with the history books and contacting a historian shouldn't be a problem but I would need to know what to ask.

Also, I suggest using Ljubljana instead of Kranj (Krainburg) as a potential city name. Ljubljana aka Aemona was a Roman city, founded in 50BC. Map-wise, the location is practically the same (20 km apart) as Kranj.
    Last edited by Boriak; November 16, 2014 at 03:04 PM.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Boriak View Post
    Also, I suggest using Ljubljana instead of Kranj (Krainburg) as a potential city name. Ljubljana aka Aemona was a Roman city, founded in 50BC. Map-wise, the location is practically the same (20 km apart) as Kranj.
    Why?

The oldest know mention of Ljubljana is from the 12th century as a sole castle and it gained the status of a city in the 13th century while Kranj was the seat of the ruling margraves since the time of the Franks well into the 11th century and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    we are not questioning anything about Karantania but rather how border goes, since one of your regions is going more south than it should...
    border at that time was almost same as it is today

here is an example how Croatia-Karantania border looked like

this border is based upon DAI, and as you can see Croatia includes eastern part of Istria till Rasa river
    are west of that frequently changed owners, including Franks, HRE, Aquilean patriachie, Venetians
    what century is this? i think that rascia shuld be smaler

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Not earlier than the mid-11th century, considering the Norman control over Southern Italy and Sicily. Most likely the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Not earlier than the mid-11th century, considering the Norman control over Southern Italy and Sicily. Most likely the end of it.
    so
    is there any info on relese or the stage of the mod?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

a small preview of asia minor

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "But I don't know how to mod!!!!"
    Learn. I didn't know how to do anything when I got this game, and now I know how to do quite a bit. Volunteer. Struggle. Figure it out.
    There are lots of cool mods that never see the light of day because people don't realize that mods need workers, not watchers, or realize it but continue to watch anyway.

The Great Conflicts
    872-1071
    The Great Preview 01.12.2019 + Special 06.12.2019

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    We asked other Serbians and never said that map changes are required.
    But we are open to make last minute corections in the beta stage of the mod.
    You must understand that map sufaired huge changes that did not allow to have it in the final form all these years.
    But we never turn down good sugestions.
    I offered to a Tsardoms mod member while back the chance to work together with TGC and exchange skills or resources but i had no final answer.
    yeah, but other serbians are highly influenced by history of serbia in high middle ages. we talk about early middle ages here, and putting ras over dostinika (daštanik) is huge mistake. check these articles

http://www.novosti.rs/vesti/naslovna...stonica-Srbije
    http://forum.krstarica.com/showthrea...stonica-Srbije
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destinikon
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Map looks very good.
    Miss me yet?

Awesome map!!!
    + Rep Tartaros!

thank you all,
    i´ve making some progress for the parts north of the danube.
    Learn. I didn't know how to do anything when I got this game, and now I know how to do quite a bit. Volunteer. Struggle. Figure it out.
    There are lots of cool mods that never see the light of day because people don't realize that mods need workers, not watchers, or realize it but continue to watch anyway.

The Great Conflicts
    872-1071

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    thank you all, i´ve making some progress for the parts north of the danube.
    Show us the money!

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Just made some historical coastal corrections for no other reason apart of my desire to make a statement...and even there I am being very, very generous to the Dalmatian theme.

Looking forward for the next preview

Best regards.
    Last edited by +Marius+; February 19, 2015 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post

Just made some historical coastal corrections for no other reason apart of my desire to make a statement...and even there I am being very, very generous to the Dalmatian theme.

Looking forward for the next preview

Best regards.

i found this an historyan showed me,i dont know who made it it vas noone from southeast!! http://i.imgur.com/kU2q9r9.png

but that part of the continent vas wery dinamic! i know that some hystorians think that porfirogenetus wrote DAI in such a way that it looks like he had more control on balkans then he actualy had,he wrote that serb name means servs (slavic servs to the romans) and that the citys Katera and another one in bosnia were writen to belong to serbia just so his teritory of influence apears biger than it vas there are other sources that state diferent!

historyans are not ssatisfied with any and thay cant give a real satisfying answer on the question of serbian and croatian border in the begining

P.S. i rely dont think slovenia as teritory belonged to croatia that is wrong,there are sources which are mentioning croats there but i doubht it vas one state.maybe in some old time from wich there are no sources saved to this time
    Last edited by thekingsmen; March 26, 2015 at 02:18 PM.

good find

i´m also thinking of switching slovenia province to the frankish empire. they hold the carinthia march since after 750

Last edited by _Tartaros_; March 26, 2015 at 02:29 PM.

The Great Conflicts
    872-1071

good find

i´m also thinking of switching slovenia province to the frankish empire. they hold the carinthia march since after 750

all of those maps of balkan are made on old writinhg who you must observe criticly u cant trust the sources,evrybody criticizes them now i dont think serbs were that deep in the west this is an map from yugoslavia clear of nationalistic politics

here are more diferent map from 10 century! now the red thing is croatia orange are teritorys were croatian stuart rules or indirect croatian control,vassals however u want yellow is rascia(future serb or montenegrian land??) blue is bulgaria!
    https://www.google.hr/search?q=hrvat...%3B1500%3B1202

this i find even beter

if u want i can give u an satelite picture where all the frankish sword founds were made,only frankish vassals had them!
    Last edited by thekingsmen; March 26, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

sure! send the map - i changed the regions already to a better fitting setting (i think). after i set the permanent stone fort in that area, i can put some francish troop into it to present vassalship.

The Great Conflicts
    872-1071

sure! send the map - i changed the regions already to a better fitting setting (i think). after i set the permanent stone fort in that area, i can put some francish troop into it to present vassalship.
    no,croatian rulers had that wepons! couse they were vasals to franks,the founds sugest theyr teritoy,those swords were highteck at that time. comon frankish soldiers had spears,axes that kind off stuff swords are for nobles,and why is there no thumbs up icon,i cant add to your reputation?

Last edited by thekingsmen; March 26, 2015 at 06:17 PM.

i will upload some pictures later.
    slovenia region was rebel in the first place of tgc - and become croat territory after a rewamp.
    maybe it´s ok to set them rebel again, to show that they are losely connected to the frankish empire and set frankish garrison into there land as psf-crew

The Great Conflicts
    872-1071