Thread: How do I add new named characters to the at start descr-strat file?

Default How do I add new named characters to the at start descr-strat file?

How do I add new named characters (leaders) to the descr_strat file...
    Is that possible(?) without modding a completely new scenario?...
    How do I all but eliminate these damn brigands, I've set their spawn rate to 99 - and they still pop up all over the place...

Thanks

Default Re: How do I add new named characters to the at start descr-strat file?

Well, a faction can have only 1 faction leader in the same time. But you can add infinite family members:

You have to make something like this under the designated faction's entry:

Code:
    character    Rufus, named character, male, age 26, x 109, y 158 
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , GoodCommander 1 , ReligionStarter 1

About brigands, I think setting higher value there will make less brigans. If 99 is not enough, put 999

edit: just spotted where is this thread... wrong place. Next time please post here modding stuff: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=272
    Last edited by Supermoler; April 03, 2011 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks Supermoler, I tried that - it didn't work. I added a 'named character' and in the game its' named showed (in the game) as ":Factionleader", tried again w/out the "Factionheir 1" and its' named showed as ":leader" in both cases when it came time to replace the 'dead' leader the game crashed.

Oh, thats strange, can you please attach here your descr_strat.txt? I would take a look