Thread: is this game still available?

Default is this game still available?

I have been wanting to play the first Medieval game for awhile now. I don't think it is sold anymore because I can't find it anywhere in stores or online, except for on Amazon, and for such an old game, the price is rather steep. Isn't there a site that I can buy the game and download it instead of getting it in the mail?

Default Re: is this game still available?

It's very unlikely that you'll be able to find it in any stores, since it's been 9 years since it was first released. You're more likely to find it if you look on somewhere like Amazon, CLICK HERE. You might be able to find a place where you can download it, but it was released wwwaaaaaaaaayyy before there was the idea of digitally downloading a game.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I have been wanting to play the first Medieval game for awhile now. I don't think it is sold anymore because I can't find it anywhere in stores or online, except for on Amazon, and for such an old game, the price is rather steep. Isn't there a site that I can buy the game and download it instead of getting it in the mail?
    Just got it in Gamestop today.

If you want to download it check steam, bestbuy or maybe totalwar.com(but I don't think totalwar.com has a download). Otherwise Amazon would probably be the easiest place to order it. Also, if you don't mind spending the money, you can get totalwar eras. It has shogun through rome and all expansions.

Edit: Scratch that. Checked those places no downloads for full game. Sorry man. You may have to just order it.
    Last edited by Telys; April 02, 2011 at 11:45 PM.
    Victoria aut mors!

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

Sorry. Thought I was in the RTW general forums.

LTN! I says to myself (Learn To Navigate)

you could always use the secret canadian time machine give to every canadian citizen...... i've said too much
    you may like not like us, but at least we dont have jersey shore

Where are you based? If you're in the US don't buy it from there as old games actually go up in price there, whereas here in the UK they go down.

UK:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...eval+total+war

US:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...eval+total+war

Have a look on ebay as well.

Go for the "Gold Edition" or "Battle Collection", otherwise you'll have to buy separate VI as well.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I suggest buying it off Amazon, despite the steep price, because it's a sure way of getting. The game is reaching 10 years and I highly doubt you will be able to find it as time goes by.

If you can, get the stand alone MTW and VI, because the Gold version has some issues especially with video cards.

Or if you can't get them in any way, buy Total War Eras or Total War Anthology.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

MIDN Mainolfi's Avatar Tiro
    Somewhere.......over there maybe.......no...........

I would recommend Amazon. The steep price that your seeing may just be an unfortunate circumstance, though, as I was able to aquire MTW and STW for $15 combined. The company that sold them, I believe, is Mastertronic, and the boxes have PC Gamer reviews all over them. If you are able to, I would wait to see if the price goes down, or if you can, google mastertronic, or something, to try to find a decent price. I hope all goes well in your search, and if you would like any more info, try mastertronic.com.

As for the video card issue with gold edition, if you have an older card, and you have techie experience, just pop out your high end and put in an old end. I usually use a 9800, which doesn't run game, but I also have a 7600 (Nvidia), and it runs just fine. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by MIDN Mainolfi; May 27, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Proud Descendant of Robert the Bruce
    !!!!ZOIDBERG!!!! Click it!!! ZOIDBERG II!

Moderate Party of Sparta