Thread: Quick tutorial -Changing unit weapon

Default Quick tutorial -Changing unit weapon

Hello dude
    Inpired Agostinos' lesson(http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433637)
    I will show how to change uint' weapon or custom weapon
    I'm not a english user so this lesson will be simplified and shorted

I will show you how to change "Inf_Sword_Katana_Wako"'s katana(one hand) to nodach(two hand)

Requirements: you should edit those 3 tables
    1.unit_stats_land_tables
    2.warscape_equipment_themes_tables
    3.animation_tables

1. first you should make "custom animation_table"
    2 second you should make custom "warscape_equipment_themes"
    3. third you should change "Inf_Sword_Katana_Wako's weapon"

1.open animation_table(data\animations\animation_tables\animation_tables.txt) pic 1
    copy and paste this (I will make custom "shogun_man_katane" animation_table)
    animation_table shogun_man_katane
    {
    skeleton_type man_shogun
    fragment shogun_man_unarmed_fragment
    fragment shogun_man_nodachi_fragment default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, secondary_weapon, ambient
    fragment shogun_man_nodachi_combat_fragment default_equipment_display = primary_weapon, secondary_weapon, ambient
    }
    and save to data\animations\animation_tables\animation_tables.txt

2. open animation_table data\db\warscape_equipment_themes_tables\warscape_equipment_themes.tsv(warscape_equipment_themes.tsv)(first you should DB ->TSV http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=429298)
    copy and paste this
    "shogun_infantry_katane" "shogun_nodachi" nil nil nil nil "sashimono_infantry"
    save and (TSV->DB converting) pic2

3. open "\data\db\unit_stats_land_tables\unit_stats_land" with your hexeditor
    find "Inf_Sword_Katana_Wako" change (s.h.o.g.u.n._.m.a.n._.k.a.t.a.n.a to s.h.o.g.u.n._.m.a.n._.k.a.t.a.n.e) and save pic 3

4 . insert moded db file "warscape_equipment_themes" and "unit_stats_land" to your mod
    5. and test (pic4)...I know this quick lesson is too hard to understanding for beginner
    6. may be later time I will show you more detailed lesson.

Default Re: Quick tutorial -Changing unit weapon

out of personal interest, does changing a weapon in this way from say, katana to no-dachi give a unit a bonus vs cavalry? im having a hard time finding that in unit_stats_land