Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] The Roman Empire-Part I-Thematic Armies.

Default Re: [Preview] The Roman Empire-Part I-Thematic Armies.

+rep just stopped by to give some rep to modders of this amazing mod can't wait... I always wished for a mod with Romans in Emperor Basil II's era to play with Basil II against the Bulgars

Great job

† Christus Vincit, Christus Regnat, Christus Imperat

Automatix's Avatar Semisalis

yes this mod is amazing
    Great orders make from soldiers heroes, wrong orders make from them cowards.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Waiting for the Tagmatic Preview you all can keep an eye to CBUR main forum and it latest news.
    Otherwise you will find your selves unprepaired against guys like these!

And believe me you do not want to be in that situation!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool!

Have Contarati got secondary weapon or only pike?

Quote Originally Posted by Wareg View Post
    Have Contarati got secondary weapon or only pike?
    Answer
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I've written description but I haven't noticed sreenshots and men with sword (''where's Wally'') next to Contarati description
    It is a good news...
    How did you fix problem with strange dual-weaponed pikemen behavior? I mean In MTW II and Kingdoms they often changed front and stood with their backs to furious enemies
    I hope Contarati prefer to fight eye to eye...

Quote Originally Posted by Wareg View Post
    I've written description but I haven't noticed sreenshots and men with sword (''where's Wally'') next to Contarati description
    It is a good news...
    How did you fix problem with strange dual-weaponed pikemen behavior? I mean In MTW II and Kingdoms they often changed front and stood with their backs to furious enemies
    I hope Contarati prefer to fight eye to eye...
    TGC has most than two years of development.
    CBUR inorder to have realistic "phalanx" action (no more on knees while in stand ground) asked help from JMRC that is one of the major developers of EBII. JMRC was very kind and helped us with what we call CBUR phalanx.
    Kontarati was the 1st of the units we wanted to be kind of unique.
    There are many pike units that also use swords as secondary weapons.
    But our pike formation plus the shield placement issue had to be delt by proffesionals like JMRC.
    Absinthia added to them secondary swords and voila!
    Kontarati replaced Promachoi in real . So they will fight to death. The good thing is that a player can use them as swordmen if wants to and they are swordmen on walls! That looks more realistic than having long pikes defending walls!
    Kontarati and javelin units like acontistae (peasants) or Peltastae (Acritae infantry) are the closest to melee unit the Thematic army will have.
    In fact the only real melee unit will be Excubitores forcing the player to recruit melee kind of mercearies when and where they are available.
    Vikings and later Varangians will be some of them but they wont be available fro the start.

When will be Tagmatic units previewed?

Soon.
    Siphonatores textures sould be ready in short time period and then we will
    create the characters (officers,captains,generals etc)..

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

And for those who can't read Russian, the first one says "Stratiotes - infantryman from Tzimiskes' army", while the second goes as "Byzantine klibanophoroi - heavily armed horseman. IX-XI c."

Thanks once more matmohair1!
    God we are so close!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Soon.
    Siphonatores textures sould be ready in short time period and then we will
    create the characters (officers,captains,generals etc)..
    Ok,euxaristw I'm sure,they will be as good as Thematic units.

Libertus

link yet? to download this amazing mod?

Its not released yet

Original Don's Avatar Laetus

Preview is great! But i cannot read text on unit's pictures (only horse archers). Can you fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Original Don View Post
    Preview is great! But i cannot read text on unit's pictures (only horse archers). Can you fix it?
    That has to do with some strange effects of imageshack...
    With the Tagmatic army preview we will change the units icons of the thematic one too. In th emeanwhile you can see more here.

Original Don's Avatar Laetus

thanks! I translate yours previews into russian and it helps me :3

When the second preview will be ready?

Quote Originally Posted by aias90 View Post
    When the second preview will be ready?
    Very soon.
    We are in the process of creating Officers ,Captains etc...
    Kentarches (medieval Centurion)

Crest was a donation of Alkimachos.
    Textures by Leif Erikson.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast