Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Want faster Computer/Gaming/TATW performance? Want more FPS? UPDATED! 3-29-2012

Default Re: Want faster Computer/Gaming/TATW performance? Want more FPS? UPDATED! 3-29-2012

Hello and thank for great tips on those utility softwares,
    I used Gamebooster in the past on my crappy laptop and see quite an improvement, I never aware of other softwares though But now "Gamebooster" changed to "Razor Game Booster" (same CNET download link) and the Big red button "Gaming mode" is gone while I can't add Third Age or the shortcut to their games list (since it's "Third Age.bat" I assume), any tips?

Default Re: Want faster Computer/Gaming/TATW performance? Want more FPS? UPDATED! 3-29-2012

I also can not add Third Age to Razer Game Booster and i unchecked "Launch game on Game Desktop" and "Explorer.exe" in configure tab... I can launch MTW2 and kingdoms but not and Third age.

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

I haven't got the latest GameBooster (I use v3.4 portable) but unless the app has changed a lot then you don't need to add games to GB, all you need to do is apply GB and then run your game from the desktop.

I don't know how different 3.5.6 (Razer) is but I just had a quick peep at the website and it looks to me as if it still has the same selection and Apply/Optimise options. To be honest the best thing this app does is provide a one-click way of exiting a lot of background programs and services, Windows eye candy etc. Other stuff it claims to do (e.g. Ram flushing) is pretty pointless, Windows 7 handles that kind of thing very well.

Gamebooster itself isn't really necessary - use a decent website to find out how to set up Windows for best performance, set up a second Windows user profile that only auto-runs the bare minimum of programs, disable all the pointless eye candy in Windows, and then boot into that user profile whenever you want to play a resource-demanding game.
    "A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself ... always a laborious business." A. A. Milne

TWTA icon dont appear in game booster
    i try to add it and nothing happen ...

Johnny595's Avatar Laetus

@Anemosvouris I was having the same problem. I guess it is really because TATW is a .bat so GameBooster cant get it as a executable shortcut. And as this new Razer version cannot start without a game selected, I started a simple game that doesn't takes too much of the CPU (Minesweeper ) and triggered the boost. After that I just started TATW. I didnt saw much of a difference tough, cause I think it deals with TATW same as other process and maybe even slow it down to support Minesweeper lol. I'll try to start standard M2TW, which is on GB's list, and see if I see as much difference as I saw with TATW.

Great tips, mate. Already had some of the programs but followed your instructions to the letter, regardless, and saw a marked increase in performance. As long as I have the LOD low on my game (which is not exactly all that essential to the visuals) then it runs smooth as hell. Before this the game was getting choppy with 4-5 units being fully rendered. -_-

Thanks very much for the tips, mate.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

I have the same problem with johnny regarding the Game Booster... If u can provide any help please do. I didn't notice any difference too (without the gameboosting)

What I do is open Game Booster, double click TATW to start game and then quickly click Start Boost.

I'm not sure I've interpreted your problem correctly but I hope this helps.

Trailhog250's Avatar Semisalis

If you have upgraded to the new Razr Game Booster, then yes the big red Boost button was removed. TATW starts using a .bat file but still runs kingdoms.exe to start and play the game. To 'boost' a game such as TATW simply press: Ctrl+Alt+B after opening gamebooster and to 'restore' back to normal press: Ctrl+Alt+R.

I think that info can be found on their website But I can't remember, when I get some more time I'm going to update the first post to match the new changes in ASC and Gamebooster.

Laetus

i have installed all of the recommended programs but my TATW with mos submod takes about five minutes to load at the end of every turn is there another way to get it to work faster

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

how do i use game booster with steam?
    Last edited by riuk881; June 20, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Laetus

Not sure if anyone still reads these, but I downloaded the first 2 on the list above (Glary Utilities and Advanced Care) and they work great. My computer is faster and although the game is still a little slow its much better to what is used to be!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456