Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer Minimod

Default Multiplayer Minimod

Everybody that plays rtw in multiplayer knows that certain factions are underpowered and some other ones overpowered.
    I've decided to create a mini-mod to fix these issues by adding units form barbarian invasion to rtw and by changing the morale, attack, defense and charge bonus of certain units.

Changes that i made:

Scythians have the best heavy cavalry after cataphracts.
    Numidians have the best light and medium cavalry in the world.
    Made the Roman Cavalry weaker.
    Made the Barbarian Infantry have a stronger attack and a better charge bonus.
    Drastically reduced the prices of Foresters and Bull Warriors.
    Added Chosen Axemen that the alemanni have in bi to Gaul. They are known as Gallic Axemen.
    Added to the Britons and Gauls the Hounds of Culann.
    Added to the Germans Lombard Berserkers. They now are known as the Two-handed Swordsmen and are not berserkers anymore.
    Added Night Riders in Barbarian invasion to britons. They are now known as Woad Axemen.
    Added Archer Warbands to every barbarian faction
    Added Archers to Carthage.
    Reduced the attack and defense of sacred bands.
    Egyptian Chariots now can run amok.
    Warbands now are spearmen and are stronger.
    Added Heavy Spearmen to Spain and Dacia.
    Added Horse Archers to Spain. This is historically accurate.
    For more info on Horse Archers that Spain used check these links http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantabrian_Wars http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantabrian_circle

Things that i will do later:

Add to Light Lancers to Thrace
    Add Gallowglasses to Gauls.
    I will remove the Spear Warband And replace them with other spearmen.

Feel free to suggest and by the way if i remove spear warbands and barbarian noble cavalry you won't be able to recruit them in single player campaing. Also this mod will be only for custom battles both in single player an multiplayer, so you won't be able to recruit the newly added units in single player campaign. I will make this minimod available to download once i've finished it.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Multiplayer Minimod

Quote Originally Posted by TiGeR1812 View Post
    Added Chosen Axemen that the alemanni have in bi to Gaul. They are known as Gallic Axemen.
    Lol Gallic X-Men? Seriously?
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Greece should get some sort of heavy cav. Even macedonian cav would be nice (call them Thessalonian or something?). Does sound like a pretty decent list of unit changes though.

Van Daan's Avatar Semisalis

If we're looking at balancing, lets take a look at Macedon. I'm sick and tired of watching companions go herpa derp while being slaughtered. And(personal opinion, don't think of a condescending voice in your head)please don't make Sacred Band weaker. Even with the addition of archers, they're the factions best saving grace against other factions. I would bump up their price to equal Royal Pikemen, however.
    Yours truly,
    |Sith|5|Eldarion

Comps aren't bad.

@galvanized iron why is it so funny? gauls had axemen but i didn't come up with any better name

@vaan dan ok i will make companions stronger

@angleus mortis hmmm ok, i'll see what can i do, also i will add some sort of new hoplites for greece

@magic_8_ball they aren't bad but to be historically accurate i will make them stronger. the purpose of this mod will be so that you can beat any faction with another one if you are smart enough. (by smart i don't mean that you must be an expert to beat eg. carthage with gaul, or rome with macedon)

anyway thanks for the support guys

I liked the sith balance mod
    Why does anyone make an internets clan? There is no material advantage to it. We get no money from it, no resources, nothing tangible at all. Perhaps it is a longing for identity, a sense of belonging, and shared values, the very things that have been destroyed by the scourge of liberal-capitalist individualism. Perhaps we all secretly desire to pwn peoples' faces and flame them afterwards. Perhaps a trollface.jpg lurks within all our hearts. Perhaps it is all of those things. It is possible to perceive similarities between the growth of clans and the post-war rise in football fan clubs, new age cults, and religious fundamentalism. As our leaders neglected collectivist concepts like "the nation" and encouraged capitalist individualism and atomistic self-interest, we looked to other forms of collective identity to fill the void. And that, perhaps, is what the TW community really is. A haven of camaraderie and collectivism in a self-interested, materialist and individualistic world.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

^+1. And since these mods almost never get played, you can try out RS2 or EB
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

@|Sith|2|Lazyo maybe you didn't get the point of this mod. its for multiplayer not single player like rs2 or europa barbaroum

Quote Originally Posted by TiGeR1812 View Post
    @|Sith|2|Lazyo maybe you didn't get the point of this mod. its for multiplayer not single player like rs2 or europa barbaroum
    Nah he is refering to the mino-mod me and Messiah were working on, hard to make a mini-mod that is identical to vanilla except for unit behavour and removal of unrealistic unit to be popular though.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    Nah he is refering to the mino-mod me and Messiah were working on, hard to make a mini-mod that is identical to vanilla except for unit behavour and removal of unrealistic unit to be popular though.

well, i hope this mini mod will change things because in vanilla gauls and spain suck, scythians and numidians don't have the superb cavalry that is described in history books, egypt and romans are overpowered and carthaginians strangely cant use bows unless they are mounted on an elephant. Also thats why i need you guys ,to spread the word. The more we are, the better it is because multiplaying (is this even a word?) will be more enjoyable by people that like gaul or spain or a more blaanced egypt.

Indefinitely Banned

Dude...scythia has great cav what are you talking about? Romans aren't overpowered and giving carthage archers makes them overpowered....also giving scythia MORE cav makes them way more powerful...do you know anything about maidens...? Scythia already gets heavy cav with a charge bonus of 10 as well....

Why do people keep making these mods? Most modders don't even know enough about playing multiplayer with top players to understand the mechanics of the different factions. Saying rome is overpowered just tells me u are no different. Scythia is all about maximum archers and speed...giving them heavy cataphracts destroys the integrity of the faction...nerfing rome's cav makes playing against sele, armenia, parthia and germans more difficult and maybe almost impossible. If scythia has catas rome loses to them also... Giving carthage archers means carthage now has equal cav to macedon...cheap archers AND the best infantry in the game...oh but wait you nerfed sacred band...the unit every rtw multiplayer expert RELIES on to win games for carthage. Ffs with roman cav nerfed macedon can crush them easily. If you making companions stronger then mace becomes too dominate...comps are already good and have a massive charge bonus+light lancers and competant+their spears and missiles allows macedon to compete with every faction as it is...but with comps stronger that really upsets the "balance". Now mace will have an insane cav edge over everyone but chariot factions...what will you do next? Give sele hoplites? Nerfing egypt does nothing if you don't nerf britons AND pontus as well. Sele will probably have to be weakened too.

Making barbarians equal to the "civilized" factions isn't historically accurate is it...

Nobody will play this mod unless they are at rtw to begin with. Everyone else may play it for curiosity sake but you can't possibly expect people who have spent considerable amounts of time on vanilla to relearn all their factions? If I remember, gaul and spain got raped anyway...

Also if the purpose of the mod is to make it so that you can beat any faction with another if you are smart enough then you should know...I have won spain vs pontus, numidia vs egypt etc zeke has won dacia vs sele, spain vs sele and other stuff...varus murdered jomen spain vs egypt the list goes on...
    Last edited by Slayer{ST}; April 05, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer{ST} View Post
    Dude...scythia has great cav what are you talking about? Romans aren't overpowered and giving carthage archers makes them overpowered....also giving scythia MORE cav makes them way more powerful...do you know anything about maidens...? Scythia already gets heavy cav with a charge bonus of 10 as well....

Why do people keep making these mods? Most modders don't even know enough about playing multiplayer with top players to understand the mechanics of the different factions. Saying rome is overpowered just tells me u are no different. Scythia is all about maximum archers and speed...giving them heavy cataphracts destroys the integrity of the faction...nerfing rome's cav makes playing against sele, armenia, parthia and germans more difficult and maybe almost impossible. If scythia has catas rome loses to them also... Giving carthage archers means carthage now has equal cav to macedon...cheap archers AND the best infantry in the game...oh but wait you nerfed sacred band...the unit every rtw multiplayer expert RELIES on to win games for carthage. Ffs with roman cav nerfed macedon can crush them easily. If you making companions stronger then mace becomes too dominate...comps are already good and have a massive charge bonus+light lancers and competant+their spears and missiles allows macedon to compete with every faction as it is...but with comps stronger that really upsets the "balance". Now mace will have an insane cav edge over everyone but chariot factions...what will you do next? Give sele hoplites? Nerfing egypt does nothing if you don't nerf britons AND pontus as well. Sele will probably have to be weakened too.

Making barbarians equal to the "civilized" factions isn't historically accurate is it...

Nobody will play this mod unless they are at rtw to begin with. Everyone else may play it for curiosity sake but you can't possibly expect people who have spent considerable amounts of time on vanilla to relearn all their factions? If I remember, gaul and spain got raped anyway...
    what he said
    respect the melon!

YATS name:Aulus Claudius Ambustus
    Class: Patrician

Van Daan's Avatar Semisalis

Impressive tirade.
    Yours truly,
    |Sith|5|Eldarion

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer{ST} View Post

Also if the purpose of the mod is to make it so that you can beat any faction with another if you are smart enough then you should know...I have won spain vs pontus, numidia vs egypt etc zeke has won dacia vs sele, spain vs sele and other stuff...varus murdered jomen spain vs egypt the list goes on...
    1. I didn't give Scythia cataphracts, just made their cavalry have a higher attack. Although scythians don't have the armour that cataphracts have, they are more skilled and in fact scythians had the same warfare style as the huns, but they prefered the axe over the sword for meele combat.

2. It looks like you hate barbarians or you don't know anything about them. Barbarian infantry rely on brute strength and crazy charges, while "civilized" infantry relies on organisation, discipline and armour. in rtw barbarians don't have nor crazy charges, nor brute strength, while "civilised" infantry has all of these except the charges.

3. i won't remove any units, just add new units and change their stats

4. you talk about "historical accuracy" while everybody knows that roman cavalry wasn't so great, they mainly relied on infantry, but don't worry i didn't make praetorians suck, they have now an attack of 10 instead of an attack of eleven.

5. i made the sacred bands strong again, but i added archers to carthaginians because not having foot archers is totally obsolete for them. Since carthaginians have archers mounting thier elephants why wouldn't they have archers that walk on foot?!?!?!

6. Comps now got an attack of eleven instead of an attack of 10. not a very big difference right?

7. People may have won with spain against powerful factions like pontus, seleucids, egypt etc etc, but they may be pros, or they might have had luck. Having luck is not a bad thing, so im not offending the guys that you talked about, luck is part of skill. But what about gauls not having axemen and overpriced foresters. Gauls had axemen, they even had chainmail armour, and they had good archers historically. But WTF foresters are more expensive than cataphracts!!!!!!

8. If you want me to nerf pontus and britons then tell me what to do about them then, whats so powerful about pontus anyway? once i owned cappadocians (g/g) with gothic cavalry (g/s), use fire arrows against csythed chariots and they run amok, bronze shields don't have such a great morale for being an elite infantry. I fyou want to beat pontus use germans in a forest map or use seleucids. but i agree britons are kinda overpowered, but idk what to do about them, so if you are such a know-it-all about rtw, then help me nerfing britons, will you?

EDIT:

i won't give hoplites to seleucids!!!!! i will give them to greece damn it!
    Last edited by TiGeR1812; April 06, 2011 at 06:38 AM.

You can play Mods like RS2 and EB2 because they have also different rosters for Multiplayer, and this thing has also been worked on by Galvinzed Iron
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|2|Lazyo View Post
    You can play Mods like RS2 and EB2 because they have also different rosters for Multiplayer, and this thing has also been worked on by Galvinzed Iron
    I've tried RS2 and i didn't like it. yeah the graphics were great but almost all units rosters were obsolete. I haven't tried eb2 though, but i got no intentions on downloading it now.

Indefinitely Banned

(1)I don't care about historical accuracy...if I want historical accuracy I will play a different mod from this
    (2)I do not hate barbarians, but HISTORICALLY discipline, training and strategy beats brute strength and crazy charges

Why would you give scythia's cav MORE attack? THEY HAVE MAIDENS. DO YOU KNOW WHAT ARMOR PIERCING IS?
    I don't care if rome's cav was weaker or not. Nerf their cav too much and they suck...comps become overpowered if you give them more

Why the hell would u give them 1 attack more or less, this doesn't make anything more or less historically accurate, all you did was change a stat very minutely.

Your pontus post was idiotic. Pontus and brits are even. To beat pontus use germans in a forest map...WTF do you realize that most of the people here play 15k cwb on GRASSY FLATLANDS...who the hell is going to take pontus in a forest map to begin with? Better question, who is going to host on a forest map? Why does greece need MORE hoplites.

Here is the simple fact, you cannot have balance and historical accuracy it seems. You play one or the other but both doesn't work well. You yourself don't know enough about rtw to cater your mod to anyone but noobs. And like I said before, this is a waste of time as almost nobody will really play something like this.

Theres a seperate roster for Multiplayer, did you check that?

Lol at least my mini-mod had some thought behind it, although it's kinda incomplete since I moved on to making the RS II MP since that offered more options than simply stat changing and shuffling vanilla units.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast