Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: GTAV now on PC - 60 FPS silky smooth goodness

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V (San Andreas?)

Never played much of Vice City. Was the atmosphere the main draw for the game? I remember playing the little helicopter mission (I think that was VC?) and got extremely pissed off at it.

The RC helicopter mission is the source of many ragequits, but it's probably the only thing in Vice City that sucks.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    Never played much of Vice City. Was the atmosphere the main draw for the game? I remember playing the little helicopter mission (I think that was VC?) and got extremely pissed off at it.
    Well it was the whole 80s thing.
    The music in the game was superb, the radio chat was top notch as was the humour and the cars were all these classic cars.
    The RC helicopter wasn't that hard really, atleast not for me. Passed it on the first try. Just needed to take it nice and slow.

But Vice City always seem to be the mark for which other GTA games that came after tried to reach but always falling short.
    SA had the biggest world and a interesting story IMO but the whole ghetto thing put alot of people off unless you were into that scene already. Also the whole eating and exercise thing was quite annoying as well.
    GTA4 was good in the graphics department and that the world you were in was quite interactive. There was alot you could do in it but it fell flat when it came to the annoying friends system and that the game took itself too serious I think. Brucie is easily the highlight of that game since he was just over the top in a good way.

I remember playing the little helicopter mission (I think that was VC?) and got extremely pissed off at it.
    yeah i think most people hate that mission, found it easy as the others tho, its the absolute wrong mission to try if you want to check if the game is good

honestly i didnt liked SA, the atmosphere and all... GTA VC, then GTA IV then GTA 3 then GTA 2 then GTA SA for me, lol, i loved gta 2 on my dreamcast, so awesome
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    The RC helicopter mission is the source of many ragequits, but it's probably the only thing in Vice City that sucks.
    Was hard before I figured out the controls. SA also had a RC mission for the Zero guy.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus the Virus View Post
    Was hard before I figured out the controls. SA also had a RC mission for the Zero guy.
    But that was sort of doable, the RC mission in Vice City was horrible .
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

The RC in SA was the worst.

No doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheater View Post
    The RC in SA was the worst.
    No different than flying a helicopter/airplane.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

ugh, I remember the one mission for zero: Kill a number of vans......So.Much.RageQuit.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNelson666 View Post
    ugh, I remember the one mission for zero: Kill a number of vans......So.Much.RageQuit.
    Thats easy for me now on any system. I practiced flying airplanes 'till I could complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNelson666 View Post
    That one was harder for me than the RC Helicopter from Vice City. Vice city was problaby the best for me and then SA. The difference si well explained by TB666. The Atmosphere of VC was simply Great.

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    Well it was the whole 80s thing.
    The music in the game was superb, the radio chat was top notch as was the humour and the cars were all these classic cars.
    The RC helicopter wasn't that hard really, atleast not for me. Passed it on the first try. Just needed to take it nice and slow.

But Vice City always seem to be the mark for which other GTA games that came after tried to reach but always falling short.
    SA had the biggest world and a interesting story IMO but the whole ghetto thing put alot of people off unless you were into that scene already. Also the whole eating and exercise thing was quite annoying as well.
    GTA4 was good in the graphics department and that the world you were in was quite interactive. There was alot you could do in it but it fell flat when it came to the annoying friends system and that the game took itself too serious I think. Brucie is easily the highlight of that game since he was just over the top in a good way.
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; April 05, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    But that was sort of doable, the RC mission in Vice City was horrible .
    If you play on console I can imagine so.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

From the GTA's I liked III, Vice City, but didn't like IV or San Andreas.

IV lost the athmosphere what made GTA III's Liberty City great, and San Andreas was quite annoying with an idiotic gangbanger as a player character (in general, I didn't like this ghetto theme either).

I would prefer something new, like Lock-Stock/Snatch/Get Carter style in England

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a GTA set in Mexico/US Border, what with the cartels there these days.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind seeing a GTA set in Mexico/US Border, what with the cartels there these days.
    Here you go. Minus the cartels, of course. To elaborate, on such a hot topic I doubt Rockstar would even dare make a game based on the border.

Well they are the makers of Max Payne 3 which will be in Sao Paulo
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I'd look into the new call of juarez 3 if I were you, but I'm sure you already have .
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

It would be interesting if they have a set in 1960s/70s. Modern times or 1990s get really boring after a while. Thats why Vice city was pretty awesome that way.

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Well they could do a remake of the GTA:London Expansions which was set in the 1960's

Although 1980's London and modern day would also be very interesting.

1980's you have the Brixton Riots, Football hooliganism at its height, London was starting to become the multicultural city it is today, there was a big heroin 'epidemic' in Britain during the time (And all the organised crime that goes with it), towards the end of the decade there was the 'Second Summer of Love' (In which ectasy became massive- again organised crime accompanied) and there was also a lot of good music.

Modern day London is probably the most multicultural city on earth. A few years back I watched something about a big rise in the number of Turkish gangs, Triads and Russian and Eastern European mobsters who are taking over many 'local' crime firms and Yardies who have traditionally controlled the crime scene. That could one of the main themes in terms of story. In terms of street gangs there is now a lot of Bangledeshi gangs, as well as your 'ghetto' gangs. There is also events like the 7/7 bombings
    Last edited by Azog 150; April 07, 2011 at 01:30 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!