Page 4 of 221 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

Default Re: The Narthex - Introduce Yourself!

Hello, I am quite new here at Total War Center; and I do love to write, so I thought: "This must be the best place to start." As my status suggests, I am the most interested in the American Civil War, but I go through a cycle of interest based on what Total War game is newest, (Romans, Napoleon, etc...) so my stories may vary widely.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

That's excellent, we've got a few American Civil War stories (I think only one actually, don't quote me on that though) so a few more would definitely be appreciated.

Welcome Corporal, good to have you with us.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Imperial_Scribe's Avatar Foederatus
    Somewhere, over the rainbow, where Emporers reign...

Hello fellow writers! My name is Imperial_Scribe, though you might recognize me from somewhere else as Dawngazer, or some variation therein. I tend to float under the radar most of the time, and tend to not say something unless I feel I ought, or just for kicks and giggles. But anyway, I've had in the recent months an explosion of inspiration, and have started various fanfiction stories, one of which is for M2TW.

It's a pleasure to be here, and please offer any critiques if you can! I have thick skin, I can take it.

There is only one rule, prevalent and quite certain in this day of chivalry and kinds, of the musket and sword and coat of arms, that shall always be whether the 'rules of war' may change in civilized man's eyes. This rule is always certain, and is the only one that matters. Survive.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Im pvtgunny and ive been sober for 5 years...erm I mean Ive been a member of TWC for quite some time and just found this forum, I like really all time periods but mostly 18 century-present

Welcome Gunny. Good to have you with us.

I see you've already posted a story - I will take a look at it later and maybe give some feedback. Make sure to look around and maybe comment on any other stories you like, since if you take the time to read someone else's they may also take the time to read your's.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Offensive Bias's Avatar Tiro

Hmm, still need to do an introduction

Well, I am 16 years old. I have been writing non stop for 3 years, and have improved greatly from when I started. I take an absolute fascination with classical/ancient history. I find the great Empires of the Romans and Greeks amazingly interesting. I take a solid interest in the military structure, the battles, the wars, the heroes, the villains. I love Rome first and foremost, with Greece coming in at a close second place. I have only recently started writing historically. Most of my earlier writings were on Sci-Fi. But historical writing is a really, really fun experience for me. I hope I can continue my stories to everyones satisfaction, and to those who are still waiting on a Gemina XIII chapter, not to worry. One soon.

Its very uplifting to see that the Historical Fiction area has been getting alot of talented writers as of late. I do hope all of you remember to return here every now and then and give us more brilliant and entertaining fiction

Hey everyone, I'm Smoggy On Tour and hopefully I'll be bringing the beginnings of a story within the next few weeks. I studied for a BA Hons Degree in Ancient History and Archaeology at university and that combined with generally reading loads of historical fiction made me want to start my own little piece. I mainly like reading about Romans, Greeks and Dark Ages stuff. My first piece will probably be about Charlemagne, just waiting for a few books on him to arrive then I'll get cracking with some research and hopefully bring you some of my stuff soon!

Welcome Smoggy, that sounds excellent, I'm looking forward to see what you come up with, especially considering your talented background.

Quote Originally Posted by Offensive Bias View Post
    Hmm, still need to do an introduction

Well, I am 16 years old. I have been writing non stop for 3 years, and have improved greatly from when I started. I take an absolute fascination with classical/ancient history. I find the great Empires of the Romans and Greeks amazingly interesting. I take a solid interest in the military structure, the battles, the wars, the heroes, the villains. I love Rome first and foremost, with Greece coming in at a close second place. I have only recently started writing historically. Most of my earlier writings were on Sci-Fi. But historical writing is a really, really fun experience for me. I hope I can continue my stories to everyones satisfaction, and to those who are still waiting on a Gemina XIII chapter, not to worry. One soon.
    Ha you sound like me.

Heh, bound to find some like-minded people aren't you? Also just wondering, does anyone here do re-enactment?

Hey, sorry for double post but I have something important to put.

I notice that there are a lot of sites with writer communities, but the communities are always rather small. I also see that the bigger writing sites only cater to one genre, or they are plagued by adverts, hard to navigate, have posting restrictions, etc... I also know how hard it is to get feedback, which is a great annoyance.

So, I took the time to make a site for writers to come to. All genres of writing are allowed, it is well moderated, it has a chatbox, signature and banner requests and it's very simple to navigate and use. I am desperately trying to grow the community. And I am sorry if I am breaking any rules.

If you like the look of it and want to join, please do. If you are a member of other sites or you know like-minded people in real life, please invite them to the site also. We need everyone we can to stay alive. Thank you all for your time.

Here's the link: http://literaturehub.bigforumpro.com/forum.htm
    Last edited by Offensive Bias; July 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM.

Hi there, I'm Valden. I'll be starting a degree course in English literature at the end of September, and this is my first post on a TWC forum. I mainly write fantasy stories (thats where my name comes from lol) but I do dabble in historical fiction, I wrote the first chapter of a fictional story set in the 12th century, following the exploits of the (invented by me, so completely fictional) father of Robin Hood, John of Locksley. I wrote this a while ago, and i won't be able to continue it for at least a few months, since firstly I'm starting a degree and secondly I'm pretty drained creatively atm after attempting to write my own mythology (answering all those theological questions nearly sent me comatose!). So yeah, depending on when I get round to editing the first chapter, I can put it up here if anyone wants to see it

Welcome Valden! That sounds excelllent, looking forward to the first chapter. Good luck with your English literature degree too.

Thanks Katsumoto . I've read some of your 'Sarissa Sun' and loved it (the era of Philip and Alexander is probably my favourite historical period, but thats because I read and loved Valerio Massimo Manfredi's Alexander trilogy lol).
    Of all the terrible things in this world, I have found war to be the most beautiful.

Dude, what an awesome line!

TestudoAubreii's Avatar Bugger Bamfield!

Greetings,

I am TestudoAubreii, and I have been on TWC since 2007. I started writing a while back, but school and life side tracked me a bit. Now, I hope to be back on track and I plan to start writing historical fictions once again. I look forward to reading all of your work and, perhaps, actually doing some dramatic reads, with the author's permission, of course.

TestudoAubreii

Welcome Testudo, it's great to have you with us; looking forward to what you can come up with. I especially like the sound of doing some dramatic readings, that's an excellent idea.

TestudoAubreii's Avatar Bugger Bamfield!

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Welcome Testudo, it's great to have you with us; looking forward to what you can come up with. I especially like the sound of doing some dramatic readings, that's an excellent idea.
    I hope to have some up soon.

I have posted the first part of my 'Locksley' saga in the historical fiction section, it is called The Wolf and the Lion (I am sorry I forgot to label it H F lol). I have also placed a story I wrote last year set in Middle-Earth in the 'Work Critique' section for anyone who wishes to read it
    So spake the Fiend, and with necessity,
    The tyrant's plea, excused his devilish deeds.
    -Paradise Lost 4:393-394

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Holy cow, how long have we had one of these!?
    Better late than never, I guess:
    I've already posted one piece here, a few months ago, but as of last night I started my first large scale project, the link to which can be found in my signature. I recommend it to anybody who is a fan of the Western genre.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.