Page 207 of 209 FirstFirst ... 107157182197198199200201202203204205206207208209 LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4169

Thread: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

  1. #4121
    Cookiegod's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In Derc's schizophrenic mind
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    lets get as many people reading the AARs!
    I apologise for the irreversable loss of brain cells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    We love you Cook, but I believe we all think Swaeft (and a few others) will finish another AAR before you finish yours.
    Kilo, you amentic American! How dare you accuse me of this!1!!
    I have finished an AAR of highest quality! You, sir, have not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ounce388.014 View Post
    Though, then again, I am not one to talk at this point, as I have also slowed down to an unforgivable pace
    Push out some new updates this instantly and you might be forgiven!
    "Something funny."
    - not me.







    Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    No one cares what Derc has to say.

  2. #4122
    Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the British Isles
    Posts
    6,192

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    The MAARC LXXXIII tie-break is now live! Please vote for the two AARs you like best out of the three on offer!

    (Welsh Dragon has kindly given me permission to include him - of course anyone is free to withdraw from the MAARC if they wish to do so, and I would not have included Welsh Dragon's entry without his approval for this. )






  3. #4123
    Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    The MAARC LXXXIII tie-break is now live! Please vote for the two AARs you like best out of the three on offer!

    (Welsh Dragon has kindly given me permission to include him - of course anyone is free to withdraw from the MAARC if they wish to do so, and I would not have included Welsh Dragon's entry without his approval for this. )
    For context (and so I don't sound like a massive ego, ) the tie-break is happening because one vote for one of the other entries had to be discounted as the person casting that vote had only voted once (and votes for two entries are required,) leading to a three way tie for first. Originally I withdrew, feeling it was unfair for the "winner" to lose on what I believed at the time was a technicality. But it then came to my attention that this was itself unfair, as the rules are there for a reason and to be fair they need to be applied consistently. So I'm now back in the race. But I'm still voting for the other two.

    All the Best,

    Welsh Dragon.

  4. #4124

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    For context (and so I don't sound like a massive ego, ) the tie-break is happening because one vote for one of the other entries had to be discounted as the person casting that vote had only voted once (and votes for two entries are required,) leading to a three way tie for first. Originally I withdrew, feeling it was unfair for the "winner" to lose on what I believed at the time was a technicality. But it then came to my attention that this was itself unfair, as the rules are there for a reason and to be fair they need to be applied consistently. So I'm now back in the race. But I'm still voting for the other two.

    All the Best,

    Welsh Dragon.
    Withdraw? Withdraaaw??? Never retreat, never surrender!

    Glad you're still in it!

    Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

  5. #4125
    Cookiegod's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In Derc's schizophrenic mind
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Though I do like an election that's like "Who's the best out of those two? You have TWO votes! You must use them BOTH!"
    "Something funny."
    - not me.







    Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    No one cares what Derc has to say.

  6. #4126

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    Though I do like an election that's like "Who's the best out of those two? You have TWO votes! You must use them BOTH!"
    Well, to be fair, that's pretty much how it is for Derc, Welsh Dragon, and myself. I mean, I don't believe any of us have voted for ourselves, which takes some of the suspense off our ballots. May all other voters keep things interesting
    Genesis of Empires | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

  7. #4127
    Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Withdraw? Withdraaaw???
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Never retreat, never surrender!

    Glad you're still in it!

    Oh don't worry, I never give up. I just know when to make a tactical retreat or concede the field to the better opponent!

    And thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    Though I do like an election that's like "Who's the best out of those two? You have TWO votes! You must use them BOTH!"
    I imagine the rules for a two person runoff are a little different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Well, to be fair, that's pretty much how it is for Derc, Welsh Dragon, and myself. I mean, I don't believe any of us have voted for ourselves, which takes some of the suspense off our ballots. May all other voters keep things interesting
    Yeah. Voting for myself has never seemed right to me. But I'd have voted for yours anyway because I think you deserved the win. I'll be happy with second or third.

    All the Best,

    Welsh Dragon.

  8. #4128
    Derc's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    __DIR__
    Posts
    426

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    Well, to be fair, that's pretty much how it is for Derc, Welsh Dragon, and myself. I mean, I don't believe any of us have voted for ourselves, which takes some of the suspense off our ballots. May all other voters keep things interesting
    You underestimate my power.
    I "forgot" to vote in the last AAR. This time the system "failed". My path to the dark side is almost complete. Only problem is: I'm running out of excuses. It seems like I actually managed to vote correct this time. Maybe I found the path back to the light?

    No matter. I suspect there's gonna be yet another draw.

  9. #4129
    Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar
    Magistrate Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,197
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Hmm a 500 word limit seems a little on the low side for our latest Occasional Competition; maybe somewhat difficult to really do the theme justice. It's a really cool concept though! I'm a little busy, but I'll see if I can submit something before the end of the week.

  10. #4130
    Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,752

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Thanks! You're right, 500 words is on the low side. I was tempted to increase it. My thinking is partly that this helps to make it a challenge, partly that this makes it easier for busy people to enter and partly that this may encourage people to vote (it would be quicker to read six entries if they were 500 words than if they were 1,000 words each or longer). Also, this might encourage people to continue your Seedship-inspired stories in Creative Writing or Non-Total Aar AARs (whichever you prefer). A longer version could be entered in the MCWC or MAARC, when they re-open in a few weeks' time. I hope you'll enter!

  11. #4131

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Hey, the spaceship is about to take off! Where's the crew?

    Calling all crew members - submit your application to the seedship Occasional Competition today!

    Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

  12. #4132
    Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    The Republic of Letters
    Posts
    789

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Hey all.

    So, as you may have noticed I haven't been around the last couple of months. A little bit of family health stuff which will hopefully resolve soon. Anyway, I'm going to try to start getting caught up around here with the latest AAR's. Looks like Swaeft was actually able to finish his (!!!). I guess, for the rest of us, he's showed that it's at least possible. :: And it looks like New Town is still going strong which means I have the perfect excuse to do a read-through from the beginning. I don't know if my ego can take diving into Written in Sand, as good as that was getting in the last few installments. Hey Cookie, should I get caught up with Wolves and Prey first or should I check out your CW?

    I don't really have time at the moment to get back going with Last Chariots of the Tarquins, with all the researching, screencapping, photoshopping, modding, etc, that requires. So...I've decided that I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a new CW project that I've only told Kilo about. I'll be putting up a thread this weekend, and I'd like to gauge how much interest there'd be.

    Anyway, I hope to be more active around these parts. If you don't see me chiming in on your AAR or CW thread as I work my way through my reading back log, I'm not ignoring you on purpose. Go ahead and bug me because it may have gotten lost in the shuffle.

  13. #4133
    Cookiegod's Avatar Campidoctor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In Derc's schizophrenic mind
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Welcome back! You timed your comeback perfectly. The entire writer's study had a summer break, and you posted on my wall on the same day I started posting updates again (I forgot to reply then, sorry!)

    I don't have anything in the CW section iirc. You can continue reading OWaP, where I'm currently struggling to keep posting regularly (new update every sunday including today inshallah), or read the already finished AAR OWaB. A true masterpiece, but also nothing for plebs who can't appreciate true art!
    "Something funny."
    - not me.







    Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    No one cares what Derc has to say.

  14. #4134
    Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,752

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Hey, the spaceship is about to take off! Where's the crew?

    Calling all crew members - submit your application to the seedship Occasional Competition today!
    Well said!

    As Cookiegod said, welcome back Skotos, it's good to see you!

  15. #4135

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skotos of Sinope View Post
    I don't really have time at the moment to get back going with Last Chariots of the Tarquins, with all the researching, screencapping, photoshopping, modding, etc, that requires. So...I've decided that I'm finally going to pull the trigger on a new CW project that I've only told Kilo about. I'll be putting up a thread this weekend, and I'd like to gauge how much interest there'd be.
    I am incredibly saddened by the news that LCotT is currently on hold (I refuse to say you've set it aside for good, as that story is too high quality to be abandoned!). However, the amount of woe that news brings is equally offset by the excitement I have for your upcoming CW piece. So, to put not too fine a point on it, my interest will be through the roof!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skotos of Sinope View Post
    I don't know if my ego can take diving into Written in Sand, as good as that was getting in the last few installments. Hey Cookie, should I get caught up with Wolves and Prey first or should I check out your CW?
    Pshh. I'm happy with it, but your stuff is with certainty as good or better, so hold the modesty

    And do check out Cook's "finished" AAR. It's funny and off-kilter and even though he says it's done, he just seems to keep adding to it
    Genesis of Empires | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

  16. #4136
    Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Hi Skotos,

    Glad to have you back, but sorry to hear about the family health stuff. I hope it works out for the good.

    All the Best,

    Welsh Dragon.

  17. #4137
    Derc's Avatar Semisalis
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    __DIR__
    Posts
    426

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Finished AARs that somehow keep going are fantastic. Let's make that a tradition!

    Nice to see you back in action, Skotos.
    But... putting LCotT on hold just when it got really exciting? Now that's evil!

  18. #4138
    Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    A "finished" AAR... what's that?

    I'm working on several more chapters for Toutatis, but I'm trying to get this sequence all finished before posting any of them as I'm finding I'm having to make tweaks earlier to make them all fit together later. Plus weaving together two campaign playthroughs is proving a challenge, and in some places I don't have the screenshots/replays I thought I had. But hopefully should have something this month.

    All the Best,

    Welsh Dragon.

  19. #4139
    McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Crannog
    Posts
    2,871

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Oh... I see... Trying to get me to finish an AAR, ey? Well it won't work I tell you! I'll never finish another one, NEVER!

    On a serious note, I'll be posting updates in the foreseeable future, and cannot wait to see Chariots back up and running - boy do I love me some Etrusci.

  20. #4140
    Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,752

    Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

    Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post
    Oh... I see... Trying to get me to finish an AAR, ey? Well it won't work I tell you! I'll never finish another one, NEVER!
    Ah, I'm reminded of an old saying of the Writers' Study, "Do not meddle in the AAR-writing of McScottish, for he is subtle and quick to anger".

    Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post
    On a serious note, I'll be posting updates in the foreseeable future, and cannot wait to see Chariots back up and running - boy do I love me some Etrusci.
    Me too, I'm looking forward to those updates!

    Meanwhile, after Writers' Study Staff took our mid-summer/winter break in August, we've cleared away the empty beer bottles, packets of tortilla chips and jars of salsa from the ink caves, and we're back in competition-running action. Tale of the Week, the MAARC and the MCWC are all open for submissions and we're continuing to offer our second Occasional Competition. It's good to see that we have a new Thrones of Britannia AAR from a promising new writer, too.

    I'm sad to see that tinypic.com, which hosted the images for several of my AARs, has closed down. I'm wondering if there's there an image-hosting site which you recommend (if so, what do you like about it)? Have you tried the Albums feature (on your MyProfile here on TWC) for sharing pictures and, if so, would you recommend it (I have and do)? Alternatively, does the disappearance of an image-hosting site make writers want to produce text-only AARs?
    Last edited by Alwyn; September 15, 2019 at 09:30 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •