Thread: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

What would people think about a Football Manager AAR? It might be difficult considering it is a text-based game, but I have a few ideas about it that should make it an engaging read, at least from a story perspective. Are there many football fans here (soccer for you heathens)? Basically the idea would be the viewpoint of a journalist who follows a coach through a season, with full access to everything.

As of now I am pretty sure it will be fun, and I do it of course mostly for myself, but I think the promise of some regular readers would help a lot when I inevitably lack motivation.

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Quote Originally Posted by Heiro de Bodemloze View Post
    What would people think about a Football Manager AAR? It might be difficult considering it is a text-based game, but I have a few ideas about it that should make it an engaging read, at least from a story perspective. Are there many football fans here (soccer for you heathens)? Basically the idea would be the viewpoint of a journalist who follows a coach through a season, with full access to everything.

As of now I am pretty sure it will be fun, and I do it of course mostly for myself, but I think the promise of some regular readers would help a lot when I inevitably lack motivation.
    I would follow it! Provided you don't choose an obscure fourth amateur league squad, you don't make a super team, you don't sign youngsters that are guaranteed stars and you always keep an Italian player in your first team :p

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heiro de Bodemloze View Post

Sure, I play FM a lot and I enjoy reading FM stories off site, so would be cool to see what you come up with.

Just do it man .Good writing trumps the audiences dislike of football .You write good .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

The Best of Luck's Avatar Foederatus

I'd read it. Mostly because I have no idea what football manager is and I'm always looking to read new things. And don't you mean soccer manager?

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

No, Heiro definitely meant "football". As opposed to that strange game you play on the other side of the Atlantic, where picking the ball up and throwing it is allowed. How is it "football" if you use your hands?!

I think that could be a really interesting AAR, Heiro. It'd be great to see something so different from the usual ideas.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

This soccer thing? As in people who make socks?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

To DWTF-Good joke saved you man otherwise i was gonna eat you up

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Of course you'd eat me, you're a monster. Who dislikes football?
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! I´ve started working on a few ideas, trying to make it work in-game as well as in a story setting, should be fun!

I love a good FM story...used to write a few myself back in the glory days of the Sports Interactive stories forums. I'd recommend checking out the forum, in particular tales started by the legendary (in the forums anyway) Peacemaker7. The guy was amazing at FM stories
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I think you've floated this idea around before... just get on with it already.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post15360529

You all brought this on yourselves haha
    Last edited by Heiro de Bodemloze; July 11, 2017 at 05:43 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Hey guys im literally crying now .Imagur,Fraps,Photobucket none of this garbage seems to work for me .I want to write a new vic2 aar but the loss of ability to post screenshots ruins it all .Please help me .

This is probably not the best place to ask for advice about specific problems with imgur or fraps, mad orc. I suggest you try doing an internet search for whatever your exact problem is in each case.

There are plenty of alternatives to Photobucket - another quick internet search should give you a list to try, or you can see what other sites people here use by looking at the image location for the images that are still visible. (Right click on the image, then click on 'View image info'.)

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

As Cailagh said, this may not be the best place to ask.

But, even so. Nobody can help unless they know what the actual problem is. Why aren't they working? What isn't working about them?

Kind regards,

Tigellinus

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Citizen

Blog Entries

imgur is working fine I believe (I had to switch from Photobucket to imgur for my guide). However, as far as I can tell, the images need to have 1 view either every month or every 3, can't quite remember, or they are deleted.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Hi everyone,

So, after some encouragement and advice from Alwyn and some other friends (thanks, ) I've decided to have a go at writing an AAR. I hope to post the first chapter in a few days, but in the meantime here's a teaser.

"The Romans...

They would rather lay upon their couches drinking wine than face a true warriors death in battle.
    They think themselves our betters. That they can 'civilise' us. Tell us how to live. How to fight?

War? What do they know of war? They do not live for it as we do. They weaken themselves with
    luxury and still they call themselves warriors? Toutatis favours the brave...!

But one tribe cannot stand alone.

We must. Be. United.

Fearless.

Ruthless.

I will drive Rome from our lands."

I hope people enjoy it. Any feedback or advice greatly appreciated.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

It's always excellent to see a new writer in these parts, Welsh Dragon! Welcome to the Writers' Study.

Should I ask which game you're using for your AAR? (Obviously the presence of Romans gives us more than one TW possibility, without considering non-TW games...)