Page 207 of 207 FirstFirst ... 107157182197198199200201202203204205206207
Results 4,121 to 4,128 of 4128

Thread: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    lets get as many people reading the AARs!
    I apologise for the irreversable loss of brain cells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    We love you Cook, but I believe we all think Swaeft (and a few others) will finish another AAR before you finish yours.
    Kilo, you amentic American! How dare you accuse me of this!1!!
    I have finished an AAR of highest quality! You, sir, have not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ounce388.014 View Post
    Though, then again, I am not one to talk at this point, as I have also slowed down to an unforgivable pace
    Push out some new updates this instantly and you might be forgiven!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Gilligan
    I can't think of a movie where I like it that the bad guy gets dumb, because it's like I want the bad guy to be smart smart smart, so the good guy has to be even smarter!
    Please stop using politics as an excuse for bad writing.
    That being said: A deep philosophical take about god, Nietzsche, Marx & faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    So deep!
    A polished masterpiece!
    Hey! I never said any of those things!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Citizen

The MAARC LXXXIII tie-break is now live! Please vote for the two AARs you like best out of the three on offer!

(Welsh Dragon has kindly given me permission to include him - of course anyone is free to withdraw from the MAARC if they wish to do so, and I would not have included Welsh Dragon's entry without his approval for this. )
    Under the patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    The MAARC LXXXIII tie-break is now live! Please vote for the two AARs you like best out of the three on offer!

(Welsh Dragon has kindly given me permission to include him - of course anyone is free to withdraw from the MAARC if they wish to do so, and I would not have included Welsh Dragon's entry without his approval for this. )
    For context (and so I don't sound like a massive ego, ) the tie-break is happening because one vote for one of the other entries had to be discounted as the person casting that vote had only voted once (and votes for two entries are required,) leading to a three way tie for first. Originally I withdrew, feeling it was unfair for the "winner" to lose on what I believed at the time was a technicality. But it then came to my attention that this was itself unfair, as the rules are there for a reason and to be fair they need to be applied consistently. So I'm now back in the race. But I'm still voting for the other two.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    For context (and so I don't sound like a massive ego, ) the tie-break is happening because one vote for one of the other entries had to be discounted as the person casting that vote had only voted once (and votes for two entries are required,) leading to a three way tie for first. Originally I withdrew, feeling it was unfair for the "winner" to lose on what I believed at the time was a technicality. But it then came to my attention that this was itself unfair, as the rules are there for a reason and to be fair they need to be applied consistently. So I'm now back in the race. But I'm still voting for the other two.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    Withdraw? Withdraaaw??? Never retreat, never surrender!

Glad you're still in it!

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Though I do like an election that's like "Who's the best out of those two? You have TWO votes! You must use them BOTH!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Gilligan
    I can't think of a movie where I like it that the bad guy gets dumb, because it's like I want the bad guy to be smart smart smart, so the good guy has to be even smarter!
    Please stop using politics as an excuse for bad writing.
    That being said: A deep philosophical take about god, Nietzsche, Marx & faith.
    So deep!
    A polished masterpiece!
    Hey! I never said any of those things!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    Though I do like an election that's like "Who's the best out of those two? You have TWO votes! You must use them BOTH!"
    Well, to be fair, that's pretty much how it is for Derc, Welsh Dragon, and myself. I mean, I don't believe any of us have voted for ourselves, which takes some of the suspense off our ballots. May all other voters keep things interesting
    Genesis of Empires | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Withdraw? Withdraaaw???
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Never retreat, never surrender!

Glad you're still in it!

Oh don't worry, I never give up. I just know when to make a tactical retreat or concede the field to the better opponent!

And thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    I imagine the rules for a two person runoff are a little different.

Well, to be fair, that's pretty much how it is for Derc, Welsh Dragon, and myself. I mean, I don't believe any of us have voted for ourselves, which takes some of the suspense off our ballots. May all other voters keep things interesting
    Yeah. Voting for myself has never seemed right to me. But I'd have voted for yours anyway because I think you deserved the win. I'll be happy with second or third.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

You underestimate my power.
    I "forgot" to vote in the last AAR. This time the system "failed". My path to the dark side is almost complete. Only problem is: I'm running out of excuses. It seems like I actually managed to vote correct this time. Maybe I found the path back to the light?

No matter. I suspect there's gonna be yet another draw.