Page 217 of 221 FirstFirst ... 117167192207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 4416

Thread: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

The poll is open for Tale of the Week 296: Hero of the Hour, you're invited to vote.

Everyone is also invited to make your nominations for the Writers' Study Yearly Awards 2019-2020.

[Edit] Tale of the Week 297: Troy is now open for submissions.
    Last edited by Alwyn; September 26, 2020 at 11:02 AM.

Super excited to see the next yearly awards opening up! However, there is always one category I find quite hard, namely the Best Newcomer. The reason is that, as newcomers, many of these rising stars are still somewhat under the radar, or only have one or two pieces (possibly in AAR fora that are not normally checked by some of us). Given that, I wonder if the more eclectic readers here (lookin' mainly at you Alwyn) wouldn't mind sharing the names (and pieces) of any newcomers you've come across who have provided good stuff? It doesn't have to be your list of nominations or anything, but just to give pointers to good lads and lasses who are making a contribution and are new to these halls.
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Yes, it's exciting when the Yearly Awards arrive and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's nominations. For those who are wondering which writing can be nominated, I recommend Caillagh's Writers' Study Socially Distanced Open Day; after a look at competitions, there's a round up of writing which includes only creative writing and AARs which are eligible for the Yearly Awards.

I know that you mean about newcomers being under the radar. This year's newcomers include Shoebopp (World War 0), DreamKing (Aed, Circenn and the Sea), The Marble Emperor (The Life of Hierio II and the Rise of the Hieronidai) and kghdodge (Heinrich Kemmler Mortal Empires Campaign), among others.

Thanks to those who have voted in Tale of the Week 296: Hero of the Hour. For those who haven't voted - the poll closes today.

Don't forget that Tale of the Week 297: Troy is open for submissions, the Writers' Study Yearly Awards 2019-2020 is open for nominations and Caillagh's Writers' Study Socially Distanced Open Day provides a handy guide of writing which is eligible for nomination.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Thank you guys for hosting and organising the Writers Study Yearly Awards!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Yes, it's exciting when the Yearly Awards arrive and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's nominations. For those who are wondering which writing can be nominated, I recommend Caillagh's Writers' Study Socially Distanced Open Day; after a look at competitions, there's a round up of writing which includes only creative writing and AARs which are eligible for the Yearly Awards.

I know that you mean about newcomers being under the radar. This year's newcomers include Shoebopp (World War 0), DreamKing (Aed, Circenn and the Sea), The Marble Emperor (The Life of Hierio II and the Rise of the Hieronidai) and kghdodge (Heinrich Kemmler Mortal Empires Campaign), among others.
    I thought that DreamKing was a newcomer this year, but I was mistaken - DreamKing was writing before the period covered by the current Yearly Awards. I am sorry about this. There may be other deserving newcomers around, feel free to mention (and to nominate) deserving newcomers for the Yearly Awards!

I just wanted to remind everyone that there are still a couple of days to nominate for the Writers' Study Yearly Awards! But there really are only a couple of days! So far there have only been three people putting up nominations, and I feel that we as a group can do much better than that. So take the time today or tomorrow and put together a post nominating your favorite AARs, Creative Writing pieces, and newcomers to the WS ranks! Everyone who posts here puts work into what they do, and those you like deserve the honorable mentions!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Well said Kilo, and the deadline for nominations has been extended by a week, so there's still time. Thanks to everyone who posted nominations so far.

Thanks to everyone who nominated writing for the Writers' Study Yearly Awards.

The Yearly Awards polls are now open, everyone is invited to vote. Meanwhile, in the Artists' Studio, the Picture of the Year competition is happening and you're invited to vote there, too.
    Last edited by Alwyn; November 14, 2020 at 08:32 AM.

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Hey all, it's been a while!

How's everyone doing? How's the year been treating you all?

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

All things considered not too shabby tbh. Expecting a new baby boy into the family (not mine but my sister's) very soon so that's exciting. I'll also hopefully have a job soon. 2020 wasn't very good allround without any festivals or concerts or partying with friends but 2021 looks like it's going to be much better from a personal standpoint.

How about you?

Hey Tig! It has indeed been a while! For me, it's similar to Turk. There have been many things to be irritated about this, but by and large life is going well. I mean, I think that is the case for most of us out there. We've all got some problems, and some things that could be better, but on the grander scale, we are all doing pretty well. How about you?

P.s. Since you're back, don't forget to have a look at the Writers' Study Yearly Awards! Voting is open until the 5th of December, so you've still got time to put your voice into the mix
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Hi Tig, welcome back!

Turk, I hope you'll enjoy being an uncle and that you'll have a job soon.

Kilo, well said! Thanks to everyone who voted already in the the Writers' Study Yearly Awards, if you haven't voted yet there are a few days left.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Hi, Tig! It's great to see you!

(I know I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but it's true anyway...)

Gentlemen,

If you would like, the story of A Painted Shield of Honour has started. 1313, Knights Templar, very turbulent period in history.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ield-of-Honour

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

I very briefly scanned the intro, and it seems interesting Leander! I think you will be seeing me over on your thread sometime in the near future
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

More than welcome Kilo.

More chapters, updates, historical notes... you name it, it will come soon. This again will be a regular series and with more than 40+ chapters and the book finalised (wrote it about 10 years ago), there's a lot to explore!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

you should stop shaming me with your quality writing, Leandros

I've also given a look at the first chapter of your new work, sadly I can't stand anything related with Templars
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks again to all who have voted in the Writers' Study Yearly Awards. If you haven't voted yet, your last chance is today!

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Will the MAARC vote go up after the Yearly Awards?