Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Defunct Ab Urbe Condita Thread (from TE Gold)

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita (for TE Gold 0.7)

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar Salad View Post
    I was having the same problem as the people earlier in the thread, where the TE.bat wasn't loading the game properly.

I figured the issue was because of Steam, so I took a look at the contents of the bat file. I realized all it is is launch parameters for the game. Copying the contents of the bat file and using it as the launch options under steam made it work (I don't need the bat file anymore, the game loads from Steam).

For those that don't know how, to set the launch options:

- Right click on Rome Total War in your Steam library, and select 'Properties' from the menu.

- Under properties, the first tab, 'General'. At the bottom is a box you can select to set launch options for the game.

- Copy this ' -mod:terrae_expugnandae -nm -show_err -movie_cam -enable_editor' from the bat file. Make sure there is a space before the dash (-)!!

- The game should load with the mod from Steam. No need to click the bat file anymore.

EDIT: Obligatory I love this frakking mod! It's been so long since I played RTW, and seeing all the R2TW pictures and video, I had to play it again. I tried Vanilla for a few hours, but the model skins nearly made me puke, as did seeing all those crappy fantasy units.

I'm glad to see that the best mod is still getting cool updates! Very well done, Miles Invictus. Playing as Rome, I didn't seem to have as much of an issue with Epirus as everyone else. Probably because my archers used fire to scare the elephants into rampaging right into Pyrrhus himself!
    Thanks very much lad! Greatly appreciated =D

I'll copy/paste this solution onto the main page for everyone to see (thanks btw!)

And aye; I always just use fire arrows against the elephants; usually sends them scattering =P

I can't find the file for download

Quote Originally Posted by Chicano View Post
    I can't find the file for download
    Sorry for the late reply. Check my 1st post on the thread mate. Where it says "the mod can be downloaded here" the "here" bit is highlighted. Click on that and it will take you to the download site

Laetus

Hey, Can you upload path on other site like Depostiefiles or Multiupload ?
    I can't download the path from gamefront because my country isn't able to download any file like some other countrys.

Quote Originally Posted by Fajno177 View Post
    Hey, Can you upload path on other site like Depostiefiles or Multiupload ?
    I can't download the path from gamefront because my country isn't able to download any file like some other countrys.
    I think Multiupload is down (thanks be to the FBI) but aye I'll try and upload it to another site for you

Done. Uploaded onto ModDB. Check the main page again for the alternate link

Icon5 Re: Ab Urbe Condita (for TE Gold 0.7)

can some1 tell me what is the bat file

Quote Originally Posted by Abdozking View Post
    can some1 tell me what is the bat file
    The one located in the installation that is simply called "TE" (might also be called "TE.bat"); it should have a little icon like a white screen with a cog inside it (if your using Windows 7). If you double click it a black command screen will pop up, and the game should start.

If you need anymore help give me a shout

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Your mod looks great, so I'll give it a go. Right now I'm in the "Rome mood" and I'm remembering my old mods played. TE was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Your mod looks great, so I'll give it a go. Right now I'm in the "Rome mood" and I'm remembering my old mods played. TE was one of them.
    Glad to hear. Just let me know if you encounter any problems mate!

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Miles,

im interested in changing cities to vanilla state. Not a look of the cities on map, but in battle. New cities are great but i have a huge path-finding issues.

What files i have to change?

Thanks

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

I jut installed the mod using the steam instructions from Julius Ceasar Saad. It ran fine and I played for about an hour but when I came back later that day it wouldn't start. Steam gave me an application error: Problem Starting up Steam and brought up the steam home page on my browser. When I tried to run it from the bat file it told the error was that it "Failed to find Steam". Does anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by liptrotm View Post
    I jut installed the mod using the steam instructions from Julius Ceasar Saad. It ran fine and I played for about an hour but when I came back later that day it wouldn't start. Steam gave me an application error: Problem Starting up Steam and brought up the steam home page on my browser. When I tried to run it from the bat file it told the error was that it "Failed to find Steam". Does anyone else have this problem?
    That's really strange; try running Steam before launching the game. If problem persists attempt a re-install, or verify your game cache.

Let me know how it goes mate

Civis

I must say, I'm really impressed with this mod. It has everything I'm looking for, without bringing the combat down to a crawl. Bravo, sir! BRAVO!

Question, does the latest version include new reskins and units for Baktria and the Seleucids?

@ Excalibur Bane - thanks very much bud; greatly appreciated =)

@ b257 - aye, the latest update has reskins for some Bactrian and Seleucid units. I think there are one or 2 new unit additions as well.

Hey!

This is a really good mod! The total graphical overhaul makes it look like a whole new game, then the gameplay is fine and easy to handle.

The only thing this mod lacks, in my opinion, is an AoR system. Are you working on such a feature?

Cheers, keep doing this great work

I am in fact trying to implement more mercenaries in an AOR role (starting with Babylon and working into Arabia and Eastwards).

Unfortunately it will require Alexander.exe rather than RTW (because I've maxed out the DMB file; Alexander allows me to add more units)

I'll keep you posted mate

If it means horse archers for the seleucids and possible sarmatian cataphract auxilia for rome I am game, besides, I already have Alexander so I'm good.

EDIT: Why don't we start a "screenshot/empire pictures" thread for Ab Urbe Condita?
    Last edited by Archesel; March 30, 2013 at 06:16 PM.