Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Shogun 2 Converter for Esf, Db , Loc and Unit_Variant files.....(Last update 30/03)

Default Re: Shogun 2 Converter for Esf, Db , Loc and Unit_Variant files.....(Last update 30/03)

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post

1. Esf To Xml

Press Esf2Xml to button , browse and select the file you want converted. You can choose any esf file. After conversion xml(s) will be placed in Xml Folder which will open automatically.
    To convert back to Esf make sure that your xml(s) ar in Xml Folder, press Esf2Xml button and get your converted file from ESF Folder which will be opened automatically. For make things easier, the name of the converted file will be startpos.esf no matter what was its original name. Rename it back if you have to (e.g. in case it s a regions.esf file).
    When converting back are you suppose to press xml2esf ?

Default Re: Shogun 2 Converter for Esf, Db , Loc and Unit_Variant files.....(Last update 30/03)

I'm struggling with this. I feel I missed a step somewhere, and went back over everything three times to try and figure out what I did wrong. I'm doing something simple as my first attempt at modding, just customizing the garrisons from the Radious garrison mod.

1. Unpacked Radious_ExperienceV15.pack with the Pack File Manager.
    2. Followed the steps on the first post of this thread (installed jruby, ran both batch files).
    3. Started the converter, and selected the "db" folder that extracted from the mod.

The conversion fails, saying my folder is invalid. I figured I might be able to get more information about why it's invalid through the command line. I followed these steps:

1. Checked the "db2tsv"batch file and found its main command.
    2. Moved my db folder to this location: \Shogun2 Converter\DB\db
    3. Shift-rightclicked \Shogun2 Converter\DB folder, "open command prompt here"
    4. Entered the command "jruby db_unpack db tsv"

The result here was "LoadError: no such file to load -- nokogiri"

I then googled this error message in an attempt to figure out how to solve that problem, but the results were not helpful in my situation, mostly dealing with people using Netbeans.
    Last edited by Ishan; March 04, 2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: on member's request

Artifex
    Patrician

Run this from command line:

jgem install nokogiri

Having a problem with ESF to XML. Extracted the startpos.esf to path SC2/Shogun 2 converter/ESF. Pressed the ESF to XML button. gave the usual warning, pressed ok and then after it processed it came up with another screen with the open or cancel button. Can't seem to get this to work. Help? Thanks

@taw
    I ran that command as part of step 2.

Just to be sure, I ran the "jgem install nokogiri" command again, but it didn't change my circumstances.

(Is it possible to edit posts? I don't see an edit button.)

Artifex
    Patrician

That command should install nokogiri gem. Does it return any error? It's really difficult to debug such issues remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by assets73 View Post
    Having a problem with ESF to XML. Extracted the startpos.esf to path SC2/Shogun 2 converter/ESF. Pressed the ESF to XML button. gave the usual warning, pressed ok and then after it processed it came up with another screen with the open or cancel button. Can't seem to get this to work. Help? Thanks
    same issue here

Xorte-Renshe's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by assets73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Santini View Post
    same issue here
    I have a solution that will probably work for people who are having this problem, as I was also having this same problem until today.
    I went and downloaded the most recent version of jruby from their main website: 1.7.18 here http://jruby.org/download (and I'm doing this on a 64-bit Windows computer, so yeah). But, just to say, when I run the command processor and type "jruby -v", it still lists 1.6.0 as my installed version. So, dont really know what that's about. Perhaps the 1.7.18 jruby isn't needed.
    Then, I replaced the files in S2C's ESF2XML folder with Taw's most recent versions of them.

After that, the converter worked just fine. It still opens up the second "open" dialogue screen, but there are the converted files in the XML folder ready to go.

Anyway, I do have a question of my own.
    So yes, the XML folder contains these:
    http://i.imgur.com/Woc6C9z.jpg
    What I want to do, though, is replace the startpos xml files in the raw_data folder of the Assembly Kit with custom ones from a modded startpos (the latest Expanded Japan one, specifically). These files are what I'd need to extract:
    http://i.imgur.com/a7IBtcm.jpg
    So, I need that "Compressed_Data.esf.xz" file to be unpacked. Would this esf2xml allow for this?

I thought the xml_split.rb would allow the various xml files to be created. (Since it didn't, I'm not really sure what it does, now.)

If esf2xml doesn't do this, does anyone know of a way to? Using TWeak to edit and create a new startpos using a modded one instead of having to try and edit it via PFM's built-in ESF Editor would be a life-saver, especially since I want to heavily edit which clan owns what territories amongst other things.

To add, I guess I'd also need to convert the db tables to xml as well to replace the ones in raw_data for tables that have stuff for the new factions/territories.
    Any help with how to do that?
    Last edited by Xorte-Renshe; January 14, 2015 at 04:00 AM.

Where do I download this? I can't find the .zip file?

is dead... another ing link dead
    Wolves are the souls of fallen metalheads.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

What would you expect from a thread in which the last post was previously 6 years old. Nothing is eternal even on the web. Instead of swearing, you can just ask if someone still has it and can kindly upload it somewhere and post a link here
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Hi there, has anyone else experienced issues when modding the regions.esf file? Pack File Manager 5.2.4 is having the below error whenever I attempt to make any changes, & I have the same issue even when I'm using EditSF 1.2.7. All I want to do is change the resource specialty of a province to the custom Silk resource I copied from Rise of the Samurai DLC.

I asked about it in a Discord about modding TW games & the feedback I got was this was probably a programming error of some kind...

Thank you in advance!

************** Exception Text **************
    System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'EsfLibrary.Coordinates3DNode' to type 'EsfLibrary.EsfValueNode`1[System.Tuple`2[System.Single,System.Single]]'.
    at EsfLibrary.EsfCodec.Decode(BinaryReader reader, Byte code)
    at EsfLibrary.EsfCodec.Decode(BinaryReader reader)
    at EsfLibrary.EsfCodec.ReadToOffset(BinaryReader reader, Int64 targetOffset)
    at EsfLibrary.RecordNode.Decode(BinaryReader reader, EsfType unused)
    at EsfLibrary.EsfCodec.ReadRecordNode(BinaryReader reader, Byte typeCode, Boolean forceDecode)
    at EsfLibrary.MemoryMappedRecordNode.DecodeDelegate()
    at EsfLibrary.DelegatingNode.get_Decoded()
    at EsfLibrary.DelegatingNode.get_Value()
    at EsfLibrary.ParentNode.get_Children()
    at EsfControl.EsfTreeNode.Fill()
    at EsfControl.TreeEventHandler.FillNode(Object sender, TreeViewCancelEventArgs args)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnBeforeExpand(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnExpanding(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Download link?

For those wishing to download this tool it's on Taw's Github page:
    https://github.com/taw/etwng/tree/master/esfxml
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678