Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Total War Sales (PC) Sales History 6th week.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Shogun 2: Total War Sales (PC) Sales History 6th week.

You can follow the success,or not, of this game,in the first week the game sells about 120 000 copy's.
    I presume that 500 000 will be the target for this game.I cant expect much more.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales...n-2-total-war/

http://www.vgchartz.com/

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php
    Last edited by pajomife; April 28, 2011 at 08:48 AM.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Shogun 2: Total War Sales (PC) Sales History (Launches Aligned)

How much did ETW sell in its first week, coulda sworn it was more

This is VG Chartz, which most people seem to dismiss. I'm not even sure how they get their data without the publisher releasing it.
    I play Shogun 2 on VH

-Sun Tzu

CGchartz gets their data from an extremely small pool of retailers, with very questionable methods statistically-wise. It's not really a valid source to determine a game's sales.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

VG chartz shows ETW and NTW with no sales at all. Or must be my browser coughing up the flash.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    How much did ETW sell in its first week, coulda sworn it was more
    According to Wikipedia, it sold 810,000 copies in 2008. (gee-ZUS?)
    A HUGE fan of the Stainless Steel mod for m2 kingdoms. Thank you to all the modders!

guys, dont trust info without the publisher having leaked anything out. we will see how well S2TW has done in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuhiro View Post
    This game will sell much less,what CA expect? They follow one commercial line that cause antipathy,no matter what the fans boys could say, DLCs,no total conversions mods,steam and manly their lies,cause this down hill ,and even they sell 500 k ,that is a failure. Having a decent AI couldn't be the major and only target to a major game company ,and being against their old fans desires just cause more harm than good. For me, i will buy this game after the DX 11 patch ,the mod tools for empire or napoleon and after the uniform editor realise, because their word must be some value.
    Last edited by pajomife; March 26, 2011 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajomife@iol.pt View Post
    This game will sell much less,what CA expect? They follow one commercial line that cause antipathy,no matter what the fans boys could say, DLCs,no total conversions mods,steam and manly their lies,cause this down hill ,and even they sell 500 k ,that is a failure. Having a decent AI couldn't be the major and only target to a major game company ,and being against their old fans desires just cause more harm than good. For me, i will buy this game after the DX 11 patch ,the mod tools for empire or napoleon and after the uniform editor realise, because their word must be some value.
    I'm willing to bet substantial amounts of money that shogun 2 will sell better than empire. You may be bitter but it doesn't matter because I think sega marketed this game much much more effectively.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Those statistics come from an unreliable site, they cannot be used.

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
    I'm willing to bet substantial amounts of money that shogun 2 will sell better than empire. You may be bitter but it doesn't matter because I think sega marketed this game much much more effectively.
    I doubt,people know much more about the empire era,and at least in west we have our country represented in the game. I don't fell any emphaty with japanese story as the most part of westerns but i believe that this game could sell very well in japan.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I find the number of 120.000 copies very small for a TW title. I bet even MTW sold more than that.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    I find the number of 120.000 copies very small for a TW title. I bet even MTW sold more than that.
    I bought the previous total war games in the first week,but not this one,CA disappointed me because i expected Rome 2 and so on,but if i buy the game in 3 months as many people may do, it will count to the total sells i guess.

EDIT: FAIL POST

Proud creator of the original describe the person above you thread in '09.
    Also proud ragequitter.

Another interesting chart to follow.
    http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php

All sales estimates on VGChartz are arrived at via a number of proprietary and ever-developing methods:

•Passively polling end users to find out what games they are currently purchasing and playing
    •Polling retail partners to find out what games and hardware they are selling
    •Using statistical trend fitting and historical data for similar games
    •Studying resell prices to determine consumer demand and inventory levels
    •Consulting with publishers and manufacturers to find out how many units they are introducing into the channel
    For all hardware and top 50 software, sales estimates will be arrived at from at least three of the distinct methods listed above to ensure accuracy. For software below the top 50, sales estimates may be arrived at from only one or two of the methods since less data is available. For lifetime sales, particularly for games and hardware that have now stopped selling, data can be considered to be very accurate and will be checked against manufacturer shipment data. VGChartz holds no responsibility for the use of our estimates – any business decisions made are made at your own risk.

Darkpriest667's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuhiro View Post

Yeah and they wont even say how many napoleon sold. Which makes me think it was significantly less.
    In God we trust, all others we monitor - NSA motto
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ stock
    CPU HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    MOBO:ASrock Fatal1ty p67 professional series
    RAM: Gskill 16380MB @ 1600mhz
    GPU: XFX 6970 2048MB
    PSU: Corsair TX850M
    CASE: Coolermaster HAF 932
    HDD: 2 x Samsung F3 spinpoint 1TB each
    ODD: Asus DVD Burner 22x

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

I thought TOTAL WAR was way more popular than this... Disappointing actually
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

you haters do realize ca has never told us their sales history? ever? you are are relying on wiki? I laugh at you. as buggy as empire was, it was their biggest selling game you know. even I was surprise that it sold more than rome.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Darkpriest667's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    you haters do realize ca has never told us their sales history? ever? you are are relying on wiki? I laugh at you. as buggy as empire was, it was their biggest selling game you know. even I was surprise that it sold more than rome.

they quote the source.. ITs SEgas own financial statement.. If you can read japanese I encourage you to read it
    http://www.segasammy.co.jp/japanese/...nal.pdf#page=7

On second thought I'll just translate it for you.

Empire : Total War 米・欧PC 81万本

Empire : Total War Release United States and Europe PC Units sold 810,000

Now that is from the mouth of the beast itself.. In an official financial statement they are REQUIRED to give to the Japanese government for tax purposes.
    Last edited by Jom; March 27, 2011 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Insulting
    In God we trust, all others we monitor - NSA motto
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k @ stock
    CPU HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    MOBO:ASrock Fatal1ty p67 professional series
    RAM: Gskill 16380MB @ 1600mhz
    GPU: XFX 6970 2048MB
    PSU: Corsair TX850M
    CASE: Coolermaster HAF 932
    HDD: 2 x Samsung F3 spinpoint 1TB each
    ODD: Asus DVD Burner 22x

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

as matter of fact I can read half of it, all of the kanji. and the sales number from sega has to be correct. I stand corrected. see, I give credit where it is due.

edit: off topic, care to give us the sales number of pa games? ahaha
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast