Page 9 of 215 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGA THREAD CLOSED GO TO THE FORUM*DarthMod: Shogun II (v2.15)*

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun 2 (v1.1)

Congratulations and many Thanks Lord Vader,+rep

I just guess that you can have your Horos back if you remove the Hororemoval.pack from your Data folder. give it a try. who knows

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun 2 v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post

About economy:

This economy allows the player and the AI to raise more armies. Otherwise there is a misery around with 1/4 stacks. If you raise big armies, you cannot earn a lot of money each turn. Many CAI handicaps were removed so the CAI had to be a challenge but not from bonuses.
    Thanks for Your MOD.
    Anyway i think your Tax % are to high.
    On my save, my Tax income Raises from 65k to 255k after installing your MOD.
    I know we should be able to have big armies but this makes the game too simple honestly, especially because the food consumption is lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero0worm View Post
    Thanks for Your MOD.
    Anyway i think your Tax % are to high.
    On my save, my Tax income Raises from 65k to 255k after installing your MOD.
    I know we should be able to have big armies but this makes the game too simple honestly, especially because the food consumption is lowered.

also with new version????

dammit now after seeing the Dark Lord mods Shogon I have to buy it when I get home...

Decanus

I don't agree with more than 60% of the changes you made.
    Last edited by L'Ost; March 25, 2011 at 08:12 AM.
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Don't think by yourself, apply dogma instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldspar View Post
    They were used. They aren't represented well do to the engine limits but still, they were used... If you want me to provide proof, google stephen turnbull and read some of his books. there are plenty of topics elsewhere on this board.

I'm not gonna say anything more on it with you cause you strike me as a troll waiting for an opportunity. Not trying to be offensive but thats the vibe you give off.
    how? just because i dont agree with the horo as do many I am a troll?

sigh you dont get it do you. no-one is saying they didnt exist but just not for every general unit! how the hell that means i am trolling simply because i dont think CA has done the general units justice i dont know.

the only whiff off trolling i get is from people who cant seem to accept other people's standpoints.

look am not the only one (including darth) who think the horo doesnt have a place.

actually i'll enjoy the game with or without it but i wont be bullied into believing something because a few users quote one historian on the matter.

now if japanese historians/texts were quoted with examples of it being used extensively then i might start to think you have a point.
    Last edited by Totalheadache; March 25, 2011 at 08:23 AM.

The entire Horo discussion is pretty much overdone here. Yes, I'm in the 'include horo' camp, but really guys, it is a fairly small cosmetic effect. And I will say the same to DARTH, it is a small cosmetic effect that a lot of people would actually prefer remains. So I can't see why it would be so bad that it can't be a choice. Naturally it is your mod, but it is a very minor thing. Also, doing this might actually shut up the seesaw discussions going in circles now.

The arrowtrails... This is a thing I can't get my bearing on. Previous games had much clearer arrows, so the trails were overkill. But now, I might actually like them. A reduced variant perhaps? But if not possible or if you think it is that important then it isn't important enough for me at least.

Archery in general. To me the problem lies in accuracy in vanilla. Not lethality. A greater spread of arrows might actually have some other advantages. Like less of the sniping losses against castledefenders (it seems rather silly that archers at walls take as many losses as they do), and more kills in crowded situations like rivercrossings. The last part is a pet peeve of mine, after having fought river battles where my archers were rendered ineffective. That was a first time for me. Because my archers were so 'focused' they targeted the front target and their arrows fell on it alone, however that unit was spread out, and as such, even it suffered very few losses. It was all down to my melee, and I would most likely have generated more kills with my archers in a normal land battle.

The speed reduction is lovely. No more sliding across the ground, or sprintlike running through high grass. It must be stressed that because of this, archery, compared to vanilla, must be reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    how? just because i dont agree with the hojo as do many I am a troll?

sigh you dont get it do you. no-one is saying they didnt exist but just not for every general unit! how the hell that means i am trolling simply because i dont think CA has done the general units justice i dont know.

the only whiff off trolling i get is from people who cant seem to accept other people's standpoints.

look am not the only one (including darth) who think the hojo doesnt have a place.

actually i'll enjoy the game with or without it but i wont be bullied into believing something because a few users quote one historian on the matter.

now if japanese historians/texts were quoted with examples of it being used extensively then i might start to think you have a point.
    I didn't say you were a troll. I said because of how you said "untill you learn to speak like an adult, I'm done with you" makes you seem like your a troll waiting for an excuse, seems I was right. saying I'm Bullying you and that the only historians who can say anything about japanese history is japanese ones.

thats like saying the only people who can comment on mayan history are the mayans.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Ost View Post
    I don't agree with more than 60% of the changes you made.
    Then say what you dont like and why you dont like it. Not much useful feedback in "it sucks" is it ?

Darth : Great mod, thank you

Just gotten started as the Mori on your mod, and then i find out you've already updated it while i was playing.. geez, talk about speed, hehe
    "I will say it again, there are no bugs in this game. No melee bug, no formation bug, no suicidal general bug, nothing."

M2TWRocks, when speaking of N:TW (Source)

Darth, please scrap the Horror Horo from Shogun2 and put it into Darhmod Empire Total War Hunchback Special Edition, where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    also with new version????
    With the new version my Tax Income is raised from 52k to 149K with the lowest possible taxes.
    I'm playing on Normal difficulty, turn 194, with all Provinces under my Control.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Roch Coignet View Post
    I just guess that you can have your Horos back if you remove the Hororemoval.pack from your Data folder. give it a try. who knows
    I think that should settle it. I have removed it and will see how that affects stuff. Should only be it since Darth borrowed the removal from another modder. So I recant, no need for seperate versions, only a small line that mentions this pack and the effect of removing it.

So can we stop the silly discussion now? We should be able to get the game we all prefer like this.

is it possible to do something to let the oda clan survive the first 10 turns? i've only seen them live past the 1st round twice and the the longest one only lasted 4 turns. fighting the oda at endgame is definitely more fun than the imagawa or the saito

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    is it possible to do something to let the oda clan survive the first 10 turns? i've only seen them live past the 1st round twice and the the longest one only lasted 4 turns. fighting the oda at endgame is definitely more fun than the imagawa or the saito
    I agree, Oda's start position should be called "buggered" (at least for the AI).
    However in my game Tokugawa is kicking everyone's ass, the others are nowhere to be seen.

I generally welcome higher income and more armies, but if it's too easy, I don't know. I'd like to have the AI field more varied armies certainly - does the mod fix that (is it part of the removed CAI handicaps)?

Cause HedgeKnight made a great Job and remove them http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437568 this thread could be closed.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Well, I play on Legendary all the time, and a bit of extra cash will come in handy. :p

Also yeah, Oda is totally buggered in vanilla. Dies first every game I played.

As for reducing food shortage, I think it actually could be a good thing - so far I hear that taking out large clans is relatively simple by employing the sabotage farms/incite revolt combo, this perhaps would make that more difficult?

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

I actually can't play Oda. I turn on, beat rebel army, try to move south. CTD.

In sieges not all units attack. Full Takeda stack attacked me(with help of some ally) and i had to skip ~10minutes because 1/6 of the army refused to launch an assault.
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

I agree with you Darth concerning the Horo. Remove it.

So far I have liked all the changes you have done.

I am in total agreement concerning archers vs armor. Armor protects against arrows and such, that is its purpose [I really hated in vanilla when over half a unit of katana samurai was killed by the time they got to bow ashigairu]. An archer unit is no match compared to a trained armored katana samurai unit and this always should be.

Will

Just a quick question.....is this save game compatible....I am at work and dont have time to go through all 9 pages....