Page 5 of 215 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGA THREAD CLOSED GO TO THE FORUM*DarthMod: Shogun II (v2.15)*

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: DarthMod: Shogun 2 v1.0

awesome! will try it when i get home, but please! made the Horo removal optional, they are historical, and only the bodyguards use it, it's also great for recognizing the general when needed!

Does this make the game easier/harder?

Was there really awful balance problems that were unfair that are now basically fixed?

Was CA designers smoking crack and so this mod fixes their mistakes?

Thank you Darth. Another great mod to improved the total war series. I agree that a large portion of Shogun 2 is excellent and the best total war designed so far [cant wait to see what Rome 2 will be like].

I don't know if the following can be altered, but here are some things that bug me so far:

The family tree when the clan leader dies and and a new heir + his brothers move up to the brothers tab. Once this is done, the family of that brother or brothers disappears from view [they are still around, but you cant see them, like wives and children]. I like to see all the family all the time. This is a small issue, but an annoyance.

Land granting in diplomacy. I liked the idea of giving a parcel of land to sweeten a deal or gaining a province without drawing blood [I love gaining Iceland from Denmark without bloodshed in ETW]. I know this is counter productive to the shogun type of game, but I like that element.

Retraining older units to gain new province improvements. When I build a master weapon smith, I want my general to be able the get new gear. This could be like a repair button or something that costs money, but will have the unit re-equipped the nest season.

I will check out your changes in more detail and give you feedback asap.

William

Congratulations to your first release! +rep

It's so wonderful that you "Darthmodify" Shogun! A Darthmod-Shogun test weekend is coming!

Feedback after a few custom and campaign battles:

> Cavalry units have problems to re-group or re-form properly after a formation change is done (like wedge_formation and loose_formation). They're a slightly too slow and exhaust to fast.

> the charge and penetration system of infantry is much better

> the auto calculation of battles has been really improved

I will start now a new campaign to give you feedback about the campaign changes.

Thanks for the credits! It was a pleasure to help you!

@Voice of Treason

Awesome artwork! +rep

Quote Originally Posted by T-Duke View Post
    That was unexpected!!!! Darth strikes back
    Are you planning redestribuite abilitis to units as Swiss Halberdier did in his great mod?
    What about ai... I know it's early yes... can't wait for your further work.
    AUM-SHO is fully playable with DMS in single player custom battle and campaign mode.

It is important if you use DMS and AUM-SHO in multiplayer, that both players have the same version of DMS and AUM-SHO installed.

Quote Originally Posted by egervari View Post
    Does this make the game easier/harder?

Was there really awful balance problems that were unfair that are now basically fixed?

Was CA designers smoking crack and so this mod fixes their mistakes?
    Not particularly, no.

This might become a decent mod at some point, but it feels like a couple kneejerk changes right now that don't fix any fundamental problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Novembermike View Post
    Not particularly, no.

This might become a decent mod at some point, but it feels like a couple kneejerk changes right now that don't fix any fundamental problems.
    I agree.

Talbaz's Avatar Biarchus

i didn't get the bat files, on my desktop or in the folder, where they go?
    quotes that have amused me
    "When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised that the lord doesn't work that way...So I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

I have a question about matchlock ashigaru: Will their recruitment time be reduced? The entire reason the weapon became so popular (at least my understanding of it) is because it was very easy to train troops to use it and they were readily available once the Portuguese and Dutch traders brought them over (and then Japan started producing their own improved variants after a few years). It seems like a major historical flaw that they take 4 turns to recruit while archers (a much more skill based weapon even for the peasants) take only 1 turn.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

I actually like those "laser traces", knowing where and how many arrows coming...........

Looks great but how would this effect achievements if at all?

Quote Originally Posted by HissingNewt View Post
    I have a question about matchlock ashigaru: Will their recruitment time be reduced? The entire reason the weapon became so popular (at least my understanding of it) is because it was very easy to train troops to use it and they were readily available once the Portuguese and Dutch traders brought them over (and then Japan started producing their own improved variants after a few years). It seems like a major historical flaw that they take 4 turns to recruit while archers (a much more skill based weapon even for the peasants) take only 1 turn.
    Get the upgrade for internal matchlock production and they take 1 turn and 300ish cost to make. The imported matchlock stuff takes so long because you have to grab all the stuff from Europe.

I love it , feel much less arcade now and the samurai feel like samurai , i will give more feedback thanks again

Patriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

LawL_LawL's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by HissingNewt View Post
    EDIT: Damn someone beat me to it...

As far as I know the matchlock ashigaru which take 4 turns to recruit are "Imported Matchlock Ashigaru" which, as the name implies, are equipped with foreign weapons. The 4 turns to recruit are equivalent to a year, which seems reasonable if not shorter than it would actually take to requisition foreign fire arms and train soldiers to use them, but I guess it all depends on how quickly you can process the order for weapons(in reality). Actual "Matchlock Ashigaru" take one turn to recruit.

While on the topic of matchlocks, I have a few things to ask about them. (Bear in mind I've yet to play DMS) Have Darth Mod realistic ballistics been applied to matchlocks? Have the ranges been adjusted, and accuracy modified? Are the reload rates any different? From what I see in vanilla, its faster than what I expected from matchlocks. Also, they dont seem to have a "misfire" feature where the weapon fails to fire, from what I've seen, any plans on trying to implement this?

going to try it out now thanks man for making this so fast

Few things:

• In my campaign, generals still have the big ballons. I thought you took them out?
    • I am still running realm divide * unless ur addons overwriten them.
    • Would it possible for you to tell me how to alternate starting date and how many season per turn? I really like longer games. Thank you in advance!

The problems I notice with this is that almost nobody wants to trade with me on legendary, compared to before Darthmod. Cavalry are too slow, and bow ashigaru are effectively pointless. The AI still cheats, but an increase in money from Darthmod helps alleviate that.

Also there is thread about here Darth:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=435924

If you do not mind taking a look at it.

Will be holding off on DLing this for awhile based on the concerns expressed in the thread.

I like the pacing of battles in vanilla, and I like the horo and archers/cav the way they are.

If you had a way to disable some of the new features, I'd DL it for sure. Hopefully some of the feedback will make you re-evaluate.

But thanks for quick release and effort nonetheless!
    +rep

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Excellent overall. New ecnomy is great, makes for much more 'intense' campaign gameplay.

One complaint. I believe archers and matchlocks, especially matchlocks, have been nerfed to the point of being useless, especially the matchlocks. Three volleys from matchlocks, and barely twenty men are down, plus almost no morale shock. Not a good system.

I would either return the morale shock for the matchlocks, or increase their efficacy.

Also, the morale increase is really not very good. Every battle now is very nearly a battle of destruction. Not sure how Taws tools work, and hate to think of hex-editing this in, but there are better -- proven -- ways of making melee battles last longer.

PS

I know, I know. I should make my own mod! But I refuse to hex-edit this, or learn to use Taws tools.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 25, 2011 at 02:17 AM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Wow! that was quick!