Patrician

Default Re: Minor States/Nations Regimental Names

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    No particular hurry. If I had to make a priority list, it would be
    Holland
    Portugal
    Papal States
    Denmark
    Thanks for the guidance on which you would find most useful & the order of need.

I will prioritise Holland. Am about 30 per cent of the way to producing an entry that covers - United Provinces, Batavian Republic, Kingdom of Holland & Kingdom of the Netherlands. This will be posted as a stand alone item due to the complexity of changes etc.
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Although a separate entry looks a very interesting thing, it doesn't sound as such a good new when it comes to decide how to modelize it in Masters of Europe...
    Well, more work for me after!

Prince of Essling could you split this thread with Minor states/Regimental names?
    There are lot of various states now. In many cases there were used quite different languages.

You created new threads for Ottomans, Hanoverians, Sweden, Dutch and few others.
    Maybe you could do it with another nations/factions or split them in geographical areas or similar languages.

For instance you could group them as:
    - German states
    - Italian states
    - Polish units (Polish Legions 1797-1814, Duchy of Warsaw 1807-1814 and Congress Kingdom of Poland created in 1814/1815)
    - Scandinavian states (Denmark-Norway, Sweden-Finland)
    - others as like Portuguese, Swiss, Croats etc.

I think that all they deserve separate threads.

Especially Polish units were hard matter at that period.
    There were many different units which nominally serviced in different states, but in fact they serviced for French or were their allies.
    Nevertheless they fought for their freedom and free Polish state which was partitioned several years earlier.

There were also several regiments formed with Polishmen which lived under Austrian, Russian and Prussian occupation.
    They of course were listed in Austrian, Russian and Prussian armies. But this could be interesting to mention such cases.

Then some people could better understand why so many Polish deserted from Austrian, Prussian or Russian Army and went into Polish units which serviced for French e.g. there were formed few Polish Legions in Italy, in Germany and Prussia. During short Russian campaign in 1812 there were also formed several Polish units in Lithuania and Belorussia. Then they were incorporated into Duchy of Warsaw Army.

After disastrous Russian campaign many Polish units were recreated, merged or newly formed in late 1812 and 1813.
    Then again were few reorganizations in 1813 and 1814.

During Congress of Wien was created Kingdom of Poland and Russian Tsar was crowned here as the king.
    New Polish Army was created there.

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by exNowy View Post
    Prince of Essling could you split this thread with Minor states/Regimental names?
    There are lot of various states now. In many cases there were used quite different languages.

You created new threads for Ottomans, Hanoverians, Sweden, Dutch and few others.
    Maybe you could do it with another nations/factions or split them in geographical areas or similar languages.

For instance you could group them as:
    - German states
    - Italian states
    - Polish units (Polish Legions 1797-1814, Duchy of Warsaw 1807-1814 and Congress Kingdom of Poland created in 1814/1815)
    - Scandinavian states (Denmark-Norway, Sweden-Finland)
    - others as like Portuguese, Swiss, Croats etc.

I think that all they deserve separate threads.

Especially Polish units were hard matter at that period.
    There were many different units which nominally serviced in different states, but in fact they serviced for French or were their allies.
    Nevertheless they fought for their freedom and free Polish state which was partitioned several years earlier.

There were also several regiments formed with Polishmen which lived under Austrian, Russian and Prussian occupation.
    They of course were listed in Austrian, Russian and Prussian armies. But this could be interesting to mention such cases.

Then some people could better understand why so many Polish deserted from Austrian, Prussian or Russian Army and went into Polish units which serviced for French e.g. there were formed few Polish Legions in Italy, in Germany and Prussia. During short Russian campaign in 1812 there were also formed several Polish units in Lithuania and Belorussia. Then they were incorporated into Duchy of Warsaw Army.

After disastrous Russian campaign many Polish units were recreated, merged or newly formed in late 1812 and 1813.
    Then again were few reorganizations in 1813 and 1814.

During Congress of Wien was created Kingdom of Poland and Russian Tsar was crowned here as the king.
    New Polish Army was created there.
    I must admit your proposal has crossed my mind on a number of occasions. In addition I have also wondered about including some reference pictures as well...
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I wouldn't mind reference pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Princ of Essling
    I must admit your proposal has crossed my mind on a number of occasions. In addition I have also wondered about including some reference pictures as well...
    I think we both got positive attitude to these matters. However everybody has his point of view on some detalis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123