Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Clan Color mod - Updated V11

Default Re: Clan Color mod - Updated V11

How about some comparison pictures, so we can easily grasp the major difference in colors?
    All roads lead to Rome101. Also, squirrels.

I like all of the new army colors in v11 besides Date and i'm disappointed because they are one of my favorite clans. I just don't like the light brown/yellowish under color. I like how most of the other clans have been made to have darker armor overall, I would prefer a darker under color on Date too if anyone else agrees please post!

I used to use this mod but I've moved to Alternative Clan Colors because this mod makes too many clans look alike and for some it makes them look indistinguishable because you've dimmed and removed the colors so much from the units.

With last patch this mod make my game really laggy

amazing work!

Thanks! This is the first time in over a year I've checked back and I am surprised to see it on the second page still. Sorry to those who were waiting on updates of my mod. Life got hectic. Bought a house, new job, new girl, etc.. I've barely had time to play let alone mod. I just bought Fall of the Samurai and came here to check out what mods were available. There looks to be some great skin mods out that support FOTS I can't wait to try.

Where do you extract the file to?
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

did the Modder....pass away or something? link is removed and no activity anymore

Senator

Default Re: Clan color mod

Hellooo? Wheres the Download Links? Just reinstalled Shogun 2 and i wanted to get the Clan Colors back that i had in my previous installation and i can't find the Link here

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Thxx

Nice mate +rep

Senator

I can't see the DL Links :?

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

So how you download this?

Not that anyone gives a crap about this anymore but I found this on my old pc and decided to upload it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tiu4as...n_Colorv11.zip

Does anyone happen to have any old versions of this mod?

PT_ReVoLuTioN's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by coldbrews View Post
    Not that anyone gives a crap about this anymore but I found this on my old pc and decided to upload it.

I do.

Thanks mate.
    Epic Quotes
    "Religious wars are basically people killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend."
    "To win without risk is to triumph without glory." - Pierre Corneille
    "You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Rome II - Total Disappointment

Since the megaupload server is down, please could you help to upload your Oda mod in different server? I really like the Yellow tone for the Oda version. Thank you so much !

Quote Originally Posted by coldbrews View Post

Dear coldbrews, I just downloaded it and find it is an amazing mod. Do you know how to change the colours in this mod? I want the Oda clan to be yellow like in the post no.160 but since I am using a Mac I cannot open the PackFileManager tool

Quote Originally Posted by Danso View Post
    The Oda clan always seems to fail, it's as if everyone has trouble with the yellow and the black... I took your colour mod pack, Zane (Hope you don't mind) and decided to give it a go myself by re-opening it up and seeing what I could do to them as the current brown/bronze makes them look kinda cheap... I wanted to make them recognised with a new and unique colour set, keeping their original black and yellow scheme but making them look less like the other clans and more like a menacing, mighty war machine (like the Takeda Clan, lots of people love them for the black and red), this is what I came up with:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As you can see the unit's do not turn a bright colour as you zoom out, this is because I made the yellow slightly green tinted. The game's lighting effects (Or something) seem to affect the colours slightly in game and it really seems to dislike yellow, but has no problem with green. By using dark grey (80%) rather than black armour it doesn't go a rusty gold/brown colour as you zoom out, niether:

The units vary slightly, some have the papaya yellow whilst others have black armour:

The general's portrait in the bottom left looks a little neon green but, for some reason it always appears brighter than the units in battle and I can't change that unless I make their armour ALOT darker. Besides that though they look pretty nifty without changing colour as you zoom out... That's not just in the snow terrain, they look fine in all conditions:

(Please note that the yari ashigaru in the background of the above image have brown/greenish clothing on, this is because this screen was taken when I used pure black as the colour of clothing and so it turned a mucky colour as you zoom out. It was after turning this into a dark grey that I fixed this problem and they now appear correctly as in the other screens)

I love how they are now, menacing without the use of red (Generic). They certainly stand out from the other clans like this and even though it's a fairly bright color I don't think it's too neon or unrealistic. You might disagree but that's my opinion and in my campaign, this is how I want them to look :

It was so easy to do, I've never edited hex before! I found it fun, really. I don't understand why the developer's didn't allow us to edit our single player army the same way the multiplayer army can be customised. Don't tell me it's for historical accuracy as there wasn't usually a uniformal colour for each clan in real life, so the whole thing is wrong anyway.

Regardless, if anyone else wants a clan's colour changed, just message me the hex # you want for the 3 parts: armour/clothing/detail and the clan you want changed, I can make it for you. Don't go overboard though, I'm not going to start changing every single faction's colours over and over for all of you but, maybe the 1 clan you want to play as. I don't mind fixing them up a bit to get them the colour you want as it's 100X more fun to play with an army you think looks the best!

If you like my Oda clan's colours and would like them too, then here's the pack:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W9IGHUK1
    It's Zane's V11 pack so all of the other clans are how he currently has them but, with only the oda changed (Everything else is left the same). If you already have Zane's colour mod then this does mean that you'll have to remove Zane's pack from data before using this one, otherwise it may not work for you. Once done, just drop it into your data folder like normal.

Not trying to steal your thunder, Zane. Just giving other's the chance to use what I've done... That's the best part of mod forums Enjoy!
    I wonder if anyone have the chance to get this version of Oda colour? I think it is quite cool and it matches the Oda theme. I would be so grateful if this version can be upload again since megaupload server is down. I cannot use the PackFileManager because I am playing via a Mac. Many thanks!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789