Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Clan Color mod - Updated V11

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Default Re: Updated Clan color mod - Two New Packs

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJBC View Post
    I just checked it briefly, but I thought the Date looked the same w/patch and without. v8 that is. Maybe my eyes deceived me though
    I think they're much lighter in colour now
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

@Zane: just want to say the colors look much better than in vanilla. can you let us know if you are planning to change the color on Takeda? I think the vanilla color is too redish... it should be darker like this http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress...5%AD%E3%82%8A/

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJBC View Post
    I just checked it briefly, but I thought the Date looked the same w/patch and without. v8 that is. Maybe my eyes deceived me though
    Could it be v8 isn't working properly? I have the same with Oda.

Edit: v7 isn't working either. What am I doing wrong?
    Extracted the files; placed pack of choice in data folder. That should do the trick right?

Edit nr 2: Wrong folder.

Great work though!
    Last edited by Wilhelm von Nassau; March 25, 2011 at 09:55 AM.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Wait... do you put everything in the folder over into STW2?

All the packs, or just the most recent one?

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    Wait... do you put everything in the folder over into STW2?

All the packs, or just the most recent one?
    The most recent one mate. Put it in Shogun 2's data file wherever your steam is installed
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

any conflicts with the less gloss mod and toonwar 32bit textures?

Great mod ! The only issue I have so far is that the Tokugawa looks great from close up but when I zoom out they look like a bright white army with no details :s I'll try to increate the anitrosopic level, see if it changes anything...

Great mod. Which clans to you plan on releasing next.

Are you planning to do all the minor clans as well? it would be odd to have a realistic colored clan always fighting the bright colors of the other minor clans.

Could you put up each clan individually? I hate Shimazu colours and want them changed (look like friggin Kokiri from Zelda) but don't really want any others changed.

Or could you update the pack for the 3 most horrid ones (Oda, Tokugawa and Shimazu) with the newer styles?

Excellent mod, really appreciate your efforts - Finally the Oda won't look so horrid.

symphoni - It should work with both.

Tekinette - Not sure I can do anything about that unfortunately. If you notice, other clans with a lot of white and white banners have the same problem.

Duke2001 - Thanks. The last of the great clans is Takeda ( I am not going to touch Hattori). I've already recolored them, changed Date slightly from pack 8, and returned Mori and Uesegi to what I had them in pack 6. I'll put the new version (pack 9) up tomorrow.

Puerkl8tr - I wasn't going to at first but I've reconsidered. I' probably start with the minor clans that share the same colors i.e. black and white / white and red / white and green and make them unique.

izuata - I wanted to do that originally so people could choose their own versions for each clan unfortunately I don't think it is possible. The colors for all clans exist in the same file.

Zane I praise you for your mod, it makes units look more realistic and believable. I would give you rep but it says I have to spread some more around! So therefore I give you future rep.

Thank you, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    izuata - I wanted to do that originally so people could choose their own versions for each clan unfortunately I don't think it is possible. The colors for all clans exist in the same file.
    I see, fair enough. Thanks, good mod still. Oda are so fugly in vanilla it's not even funny lol.

Hmm, is it just me or do Oda and Tokugawa look near identical?
    Last edited by izuata; March 27, 2011 at 05:00 PM.

Can someone post screenshots of the Mori, Date, and the new Uesugi?

Interested to see what Takeda looks like, about to start a new campaign with them.

Hey Zane thanks again for your work. Is there any way you can change the color of the banners to match your new colors. For instance the Date still have a purple banner, this isn't even historicaly accurate, not to mention it looks silly especially on people as bad ass as the Date. Or the Mori's Pink banner also needs to go. Ftmch the creator of the shogun 2 faction retextur mod says he found the script in which to alter the banners colors but that mod can't be used with toon's 32 bit textures.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlbc23 View Post
    Hey Zane thanks again for your work. Is there any way you can change the color of the banners to match your new colors. For instance the Date still have a purple banner, this isn't even historicaly accurate, not to mention it looks silly especially on people as bad ass as the Date. Or the Mori's Pink banner also needs to go. Ftmch the creator of the shogun 2 faction retextur mod says he found the script in which to alter the banners colors but that mod can't be used with toon's 32 bit textures.
    Date is Navy Blue and Gold

joreto's Avatar Tiro

Hi is this mod compatible with Unit variety mod ?
    &

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlbc23 View Post
    Unfortunatly, I haven't found the script, just the texture file on which the colour and clan symbol is applied, so there's a db-file somewhere that decides which colour that is.

By the way, Zane, the faction-colour is applied to units when you zoom out regardless of the textures on the unit and banner, I haven't tried this mod, so I'm not sure if it changes it, but there's probably another faction-colour value somewhere applying this colour-filter on the units when they're at a distance.
    Last edited by Ftmch; March 28, 2011 at 08:26 AM.