Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Quote Originally Posted by satyrus View Post
    Hi
    i have a big Problems with the waiting time when i closed a round. My Computer need between 5-7 min per Round. How can i fix it. I have 12 RAM, GTX570,Win 7 64 bit.
    The AI needs to make a lot of decisions if they have a lot of units. The only way to speed this up is to destroy a major faction.

Quote Originally Posted by RulerOfTheWorld View Post
    When i choosed a faction in single battle and looked wich troops i should have it crashedand said that an proplem occured.
    please help me!
    this happens to me all the time, and it's making me furious
    I need an error log, and a list of all the units in your army and the enemy are so I can determine which one is causing the crash.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Hi again

I am playing the 1230 and 1324 campaigns. In the past (2.3.3 version) my 1230 campaign would hang on the Nordic countries turn around the 1252 turn, whilst my 1324 campaign had no problems. All of a sudden my 1230 campaign hangs around the 1262 turn on either the Kiev or Novgorod turn. My 1324 campaign hangs around the year 1354 turn on the HRE.

Managed to fix my own problems but at the expense of nations being able to horde! It seems that the game would get stuck on the nation that was about to take the last city of another nation. Now, for some reason, the nation under attack was not able to horde, thus the game hung. Yet, these nations were able to horde at the beginning of the game, but some 100 turns in they couldn't any more. I had to go into the campaign specific folder and edit the descr_factions file to make the affected nation have a "No" with regards to family tree. Does anyone have any idea as to why this could be happening later in the campaign. Up to now I have had no problems with getting a nation to horde, in this particular campaign there are 3 nations currently in horde mode criss-crossing the world looking for a town to take.

Another question for anyone who knows: whatever units are left after a nation, with the "No" option, has its last city taken does nothing. How does one get these units to attack?

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Faction symbols become the construction icon with some factions. Is this a bug or are they unfinished symbols?
    Last edited by Tia; September 21, 2011 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogdog View Post
    Managed to fix my own problems but at the expense of nations being able to horde! It seems that the game would get stuck on the nation that was about to take the last city of another nation. Now, for some reason, the nation under attack was not able to horde, thus the game hung. Yet, these nations were able to horde at the beginning of the game, but some 100 turns in they couldn't any more. I had to go into the campaign specific folder and edit the descr_factions file to make the affected nation have a "No" with regards to family tree. Does anyone have any idea as to why this could be happening later in the campaign. Up to now I have had no problems with getting a nation to horde, in this particular campaign there are 3 nations currently in horde mode criss-crossing the world looking for a town to take.
    In the RTW manual I believe it said that after a certain period of time factions become settled, therefore cannot horde. So it's possible that hording won't work after too many turns have passed.

Another question for anyone who knows: whatever units are left after a nation, with the "No" option, has its last city taken does nothing. How does one get these units to attack?
    It's possible that the campaign AI doesn't cover horde faction, so the AI doesn't tell these units to do anything. Also in the descr_regions.txt some cities have the attribute 'horde_target' to make horde factions attack them. So it's possible that horde factions won't attack any city without this attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Princess Pinkie Pie♔ View Post
    Faction symbols become the construction icon with some factions. Is this a bug or are they unfinished symbols?
    It's a bug that's difficult to fix. In order to have 30 faction symbols I had to add an additional file and it sometimes caused problem. I find it seems to occur if I look at the descriptions of a lot of units or buildings.
    Last edited by uanime5; September 22, 2011 at 07:12 AM.

"In the RTW manual I believe it said that after a certain period of time factions become settled, therefore cannot horde. So it's possible that hording won't work after too many turns have passed."

So......next question: Is there a way around this?
    Also I ahve read/heard that one can script an army to emerge if something specific happens. Is this possible? If so then one can ditch the hording in favour of a scripted re-emergence of a faction.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post

It's a bug that's difficult to fix. In order to have 30 faction symbols I had to add an additional file and it sometimes caused problem. I find it seems to occur if I look at the descriptions of a lot of units or buildings.
    It occurs with all games in all campaigns for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogdog View Post
    So......next question: Is there a way around this?
    Also I ahve read/heard that one can script an army to emerge if something specific happens. Is this possible? If so then one can ditch the hording in favour of a scripted re-emergence of a faction.
    This is possible. In the Kingdom's Britannic campaign factions get reinforcements when cities are conquered, so you can use this script to add units to a faction. If the faction cannot be destroyed then it should be possible to give it additional units even after it loses all armies and settlements.

Though if you're going to make factions immoral remove the requirement to destroy them from the 'descr_win_conditions.txt' or you won't be able to win unless you conquer every region.

It occurs with all games in all campaigns for me.
    Does it occur if you click on something on the menu or if you play for a long time?

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

It happens no matter what I do. Could it just be a corrupted download?

Is the description for England for the 970 campaign supposed to indicate its after the norman conquest, even though that doesn't happen for nearly another 100 years?
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

It happens no matter what I do. Could it just be a corrupted download?
    Unlikely, but I've attached all the relevant files to this post in case they did get corrupted. To install download the ui.rar attached to this post, put it in the 'Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\ui' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\ui'), and unpack it. Overwrite the existing files.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    Is the description for England for the 970 campaign supposed to indicate its after the norman conquest, even though that doesn't happen for nearly another 100 years?
    I just copied and pasted the descriptions for each campaign and only wrote new ones when I couldn't do that. I really should get someone to write better descriptions.

Anyway I'll fix this in the next update.

OK, so I managed to find out exactly what the problem was and my early attempts to fix it are working. The faction that was supposed to horde, but would not, was having trouble getting specific units to horde. So I started work on the 1230 campaign and gave all the factions their faction-specific units and made sure that they had the attribute "can_horde" in the descr_units file. So far I have got the Jin Dynasty to horde where before hand it would not and the game would freeze. Will do the rest this weekend

People, ive have some kind of graphic problem with the Tibetan faction leader in the battle map. The king itself has some kind of pixel that deforms him. It also happened me with the indochinese spearmen, that have also some pixeled lines that comes out from them.
    I think that it also happened me with the flag carrier from the Songhai bodyguard .

Thanks for your attention, in advance.

I was playing 1200 campaign (2.3.4. version) with Bosnia.
    When I wanted to load saved game, it crashed.
    I've attached error log.
    Last edited by sportsman81; October 10, 2011 at 07:41 PM.

The upkeep for Sword and Buckler Men (mercs) are like 1,000... a little too high

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman81 View Post
    I've attached error log.
    Still have the same problem when I try to load...
    Last edited by sportsman81; October 22, 2011 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman81 View Post
    I've attached error log.
    Not sure why it isn't loading. Did you start a new campaign after updating to the 2.3.4 version, or did you try to load a save from 2.3.3 or earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    The upkeep for Sword and Buckler Men (mercs) are like 1,000... a little too high
    All mercenaries have a high upkeep. This is because they have high moral and experience.

Oh, okay.
    Anyway, I noticed the Kingdom of Burgundy in the 970ad campaign freaks out. They completely obliterated everything in Italy and took all the land of the HRE... and they're just a small kingdom that started in Marsailles. I don't understand how they did this.

uanime5 - I installed fresh version of 2.3.3. and for now it's going smoothly.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default A question...

Sorry to ask but I could not find the answer to this anywhere! how do I change the campaigns? I assumed there'd be a menu or something but there's not.

EDIT: and when I do start the campaign I'm stuck with I choose faction and it dumps me back at the start menu. Here's the log:

17:35:42.778 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/conquest/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 20, column 28
    Religion `protestant' not found in database.

17:35:42.778 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/conquest/data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 20, column 28
    Couldn't find region name 'protestant' in stringtable
    17:35:42.851 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/data/world/maps/base/descr_disasters.txt is missing
    17:35:42.854 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/conquest/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 622, column 34
    resource furs positioned on 294,273 which is an invalid tile.

17:35:42.855 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/conquest/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1642, column 14
    Building specification type hinterland_settle not found in building database
    17:35:42.855 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/conquest/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 1642, column 14
    could not create settlement at script line 1642.
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; January 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'