Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

Default Re: I do not get a error message

Quote Originally Posted by localsoxfan View Post
    I give up, it used to be fine playing it until I installed 2.3 and it seems everything went downhill from there. Here is a log for my crashes to desktop mode if you are interested into looking at it.
    The problem is that M2TW is looking for mounts that I've removed in the 2.3.3 version. I'd recommend downloading the 2.3.3 patch from one of these sites:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4PCKKIGV
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u4n798emznktn6i

Quote Originally Posted by BATUBATUBATU View Post
    A few issues (once again, with the Mughal Empire)
    Crowning doesn't happen even when the leader is alone in the capital (both Delhi and Quetta) for long periods. Generals don't increase in loyalty when in the homeland.
    Unfortunately generals can only have a maximum of 8 ancillaries, so if they have 8 they can't get the crown. I'm not sure how to fix this.

I'm not if it's possible to increase loyalty if a general is in a homeland region.

Also, you should make the roads in northern India all highways, as Sher Shah Suri only recently built the Grand Trunk Road (Called the Sadak-e-Azam in this time). The Sadak-e-Azam should extend through the entire Suri Dynasty out to Quetta. Other than that, everything is fine!
    Thanks for that. Changing the starting level of buildings is easy to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    It does not give me a error log or message. I see the DOS load up screen with all the files copying, then the 4 Khanates load wall paper screen, then the desktop.
    Did you download this mod in 5 parts? If so you have to unpack each exe file separately because I don't know how to make the first part auto unpack the other exe files.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Default Re: I do not get a error message

[QUOTE=uanime5;9542749]The problem is that M2TW is looking for mounts that I've removed in the 2.3.3 version. I'd recommend downloading the 2.3.3 patch from one of these sites:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4PCKKIGV
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u4n798emznktn6i

A big Thank You to uanime5 for fixing this problem and now my map is working once again. Thank You!!!!!

Here is an idea for those that downloaded the full 2.2.1 ver first with every other patches needed to be filled in and steps to get this mod working! Here is an step by step from me on my downloaded version of mod to work.

Download Instructions
    1. Download everything first, before extracting any files to other files!!!!!!!!
    2. Just google free winrar version and download it to extract files in the end (x32) or (x64) to folder in Local Disk (C) and install winrar to fully work.
    2. Download 1.5 patch for GOLD version of MTW 2 if you have that version
    3. Download *full part* of Conquest 2.2.1 in under one link on the thread provided by uanime5
    4. Download *all* patches to Conquest 2.2.1 first (1230, empire, unit models)
    5. Download export_descr_unit (1230)
    6. Download conquest patch 2.3
    7. Download conquest bat 2.3
    8. Download conquest patch 2.3.2
    9. Download battle_models 2.3.3
    10. Download Conquest+Patch+2.3.3
    11. Put all downloaded files of mods in a seperate folder in another drive to easily remember.

Steps by Steps on my part to install the mods
    1. Install Winrar
    2. Extract 1.5 patch of MTW II GOLD to Local Disk (C)/Program File or Program File (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War
    3. Extract file of Conquest 2.2.1 to Local Disk (C)/Program File or Program File (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War
    4. Extract *each* files *individually* (1230, empire, unit models) to Local Disk (C)/Sega/Medieval II Total War/mods/Conquest/data
    5. Copy export_descr_unit (1230) from downloaded folder and replace the *orginal* file with the new one in Local Disk (C)/Program File or Program File (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War/mods/Conquest/data/1230
    6. Extract conquest 2.3 patch to Local Disk (C)/Program File or Program File (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War and *replace* everything in it
    7. Extract conquest bat 2.3 to Local Disk (C)/Program File or Program File (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War and *replace* everything in it
    8. Extract conquest patch 2.3.2 to Local Disk (C)/Program File or Program File (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War and *replace* everything in it
    9. Extract battle_models 2.3.3 to Local Disk (C)/Program File or Program File (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War/Conquest/data/unit_models and *replace* everything in it
    10. Extract Conquest+Patch+2.3.3 to Local Disk (C)/Program File or Program File (x86)/Sega/Medieval II Total War and *replace* everything in it
    11. Should be all done and start running Conquest XP or Vista bat to test game

Feel free to make changes on this comment section, if you think there is a better shortcut to it and go to the link provided by unanime5 to get all download patches and conquest mod first before making changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

I have found that two of the nations in the Campign The Four Khanates have the same name. The two Russian factions are both named Duchy of Moscow.

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Russian Tzardom can't recruit Streltsy in the 1547 campaign. I looked through the building tree, but they aren't recruitable from the military acadamy at either level.

The only thing I can think of as to why I can't recruit them is that perhaps they need either: ADV_MATCHLOCK or the_flintlock. But then, why are they part of the initial garrisons of Russia?

Default Re: Impossible to download

I have made a post under download section one week ago but no one answered. I don't know how things go here, do the developers usually answer any questions posted here? Anyway, my problem was that it takes 13 hours for me to download the whole 2.3.3 Version (1 part) from depositfiles so I can not download it. So i asked if it is possible to upolad it anywhere else? Is it?

Try Orbit Downloader, it maybe a little bit faster. But not too sure about it though.

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Help:

I can play the 1230 campaign with no problems. I save my game and exit. When I try and load my 1230 campaign game I get a CTD. What could the problem be?

Why does Eras Total Conquest keep encountering an unspecified error on the conquest.xp bat and now exit to the desktop like all the time when trying to load from the continued save games. Here is a error log to clear things up, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Argon View Post
    I have found that two of the nations in the Campign The Four Khanates have the same name. The two Russian factions are both named Duchy of Moscow.
    I know. I do plan to fix this but as it isn't a major bug that causes crashes it'll be fixed when I next release a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargaron View Post
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the Russian Tzardom can't recruit Streltsy in the 1547 campaign. I looked through the building tree, but they aren't recruitable from the military acadamy at either level.

The only thing I can think of as to why I can't recruit them is that perhaps they need either: ADV_MATCHLOCK or the_flintlock. But then, why are they part of the initial garrisons of Russia?
    Currently to get Streltsy you need to build an Officer's Academy in Vilnius or Kiev. It seems that the hidden resources I used for these units are based on the hidden resources for the European campaigns. Unfortunately most of Russia uses a different hidden resource in the Empires campaign. I'll need to fix this in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogdog View Post
    Help:

I can play the 1230 campaign with no problems. I save my game and exit. When I try and load my 1230 campaign game I get a CTD. What could the problem be?
    Try upgrading to the 2.3.3 version of this mod. This fixes a problem with 1230 saves.

Why does Eras Total Conquest keep encountering an unspecified error on the conquest.xp bat and now exit to the desktop like all the time when trying to load from the continued save games. Here is a error log to clear things up, thanks!
    If you download the latest patch saves from before you added this patch won't work. Also there was a bug with the 1230 campaign that prevented saves from loading. This was fixed in the 2.3.3 version.
    Last edited by uanime5; May 28, 2011 at 06:05 AM.

If you download the latest patch saves from before you added this patch won't work. Also there was a bug with the 1230 campaign that prevented saves from loading. This was fixed in the 2.3.3 version.

I actually do have the updated 2.3.3 version installed already and was playing very fine on it until I always get to around the year of 1272 - or more with my faction (Song Dynasty) on which it always begin to drop from the game and exit back to the desktop screen mode. Pretty much it somehow always happen around that timeframe of year in 1230 campaign on around 1270 - 1280 on which it won't load saves game at all.

Miles

In the 1220 crusade campaign the Bosnian generals unit have no textures, and is metal like.

I actually do have the updated 2.3.3 version installed already and was playing very fine on it until I always get to around the year of 1272 - or more with my faction (Song Dynasty) on which it always begin to drop from the game and exit back to the desktop screen mode. Pretty much it somehow always happen around that timeframe of year in 1230 campaign on around 1270 - 1280 on which it won't load saves game at all.
    All I can recommend is that you load a save file, have M2TW crash, then upload the error log. If I can't figure out the cause of the crash then unfortunately I can't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Awesome Boy View Post
    In the 1220 crusade campaign the Bosnian generals unit have no textures, and is metal like.
    This is because I didn't assign the texture to the right faction. I'll fix this when I release the next patch.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

In both 1547 and 1500, at least so far, the Janisarry Arqusbiers cause a CTD on loading a battle. Ditto for late Hungarian bodyguard. It appears to be an issue with the textures or models.

not fixed by 2.3.3 patch, which I installed over my 2.2 installation without installing 2.3.1 or 2.3.2
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

[QUOTE=uanime5;9738452]All I can recommend is that you load a save file, have M2TW crash, then upload the error log. If I can't figure out the cause of the crash then unfortunately I can't fix it.

Here is an error log and I already have the latest patch that was installed with it, before it started crashing around the timeframe of 1270-1280 as the Song Dynasty. Thanks once again for looking into the concern, uanime5.

Hi

I also have the latest patch installed. Just a quick question: do you unpack 2.3.3 into the mods folder or into the MTWII data folder?

Got it working. I had the game patched to 2.3, after upgrading to 2.3.3 it works! What are the major changes?

I have no idea which version of eras I have...seriously. How do I check ?

Campaign: mongol invasion (kind off)
    Problem: i can't change what campaign i go on, no matter what i put in it stays on mongol invasion.
    Veni, vidi, edi, I facile amittitur - i came, i saw, i ate, i lost on easy

I'm special with a capial Q

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster View Post
    In both 1547 and 1500, at least so far, the Janisarry Arqusbiers cause a CTD on loading a battle. Ditto for late Hungarian bodyguard. It appears to be an issue with the textures or models.

not fixed by 2.3.3 patch, which I installed over my 2.2 installation without installing 2.3.1 or 2.3.2
    It's odd that either unit would cause a crash as they've been in the mod for a long time.

I've uploaded the meshes and textures of these units in the unit_models.rar attached to this post. To install download it, unpack it, and put the 'unit_models' folder in the 'mods\conquest\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data').

[QUOTE=localsoxfan;9754861]
    Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    All I can recommend is that you load a save file, have M2TW crash, then upload the error log. If I can't figure out the cause of the crash then unfortunately I can't fix it.

Here is an error log and I already have the latest patch that was installed with it, before it started crashing around the timeframe of 1270-1280 as the Song Dynasty. Thanks once again for looking into the concern, uanime5.
    Sorry I don't know what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherblaze View Post
    I have no idea which version of eras I have...seriously. How do I check ?
    I don't think there is an easy way to check which version you have. If you have the 1326 campaign then you've got the 2.3 version but it's not easy to determine if you have the 2.3.0, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, or 2.3.3.

Quote Originally Posted by doddydad View Post
    Campaign: mongol invasion (kind off)
    Problem: i can't change what campaign i go on, no matter what i put in it stays on mongol invasion.
    If you use Win 7 you have to disable the User Control. This thread explains how:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=321237

I play as Norway.It seems everytime I try to play a battle the game crashes.I've tried both 970 and 1080 campaign same thing every time.I've played as England,Sicily and Serbia-no problems there.But when I play as Norway and I try to play a battle the game crashes.The campaign map runs with no problems.I have patch 2.3.3 installed
    We happy few, we band of Brothers