Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

triarri's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Bug, problems, and glitches in the 2.3 version

There is still the same crash with changing the sound file's name. With Vanilla the game runs fine when defending a settlement.

A lot of my suggestions are going to be renaming files and folders to try to determine which one is causing the problem. Try renaming the "battle_config.xml", "config_ai_battle.xml", "descr_pathfinding", descr_vegetation.txt", and "weather_db.xml".
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Just a suggestion: Mughal names lists should be altered. While there were Indians in the Mughal army, none of them would ever be Emperor. It's weird to have a person with a Hindu name in the royal family, and so the naming lists should consist instead of Muslim names or names taken from the history of the Mughal Empire. Wives can still be Hindu names.

All the male generals, rulers, and agents use the same name list. Would all of these units having Muslim names be accurate?

Hi,

I have installed 2.3.5 version. So also I have downloaded 2.3.6, in which folder should I
    place the data from that patch? Is it the Medieval folder or is it the mods/conquest folder?

Please help! Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; January 05, 2014 at 04:11 PM.

the folders in the patch seem to correspond to the ones in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data

so I extracted mine in there

Thank you
    Ashandorath , as I do that the New Age 1453 campaign doesn't start anymore...

9:02:20.251 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    19:02:20.267 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/conquest/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    19:02:20.298 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing

and some other problems...

Warnings generally don't lead to a crash (I just checked my system.log.txt file and have probably 4k+ warnings :/ ). Also I have those same three warnings, and it doesn't cause a crash.

Post/attach your entire system.log.txt file.

Hi Ashandorath, my system log file has a size of 6 MB. I can't upload it here and my browser crashes it I try to paste it in here. Maybe I will wait for 2.3.7 if there will be a new patch. Thanks for your help anyway. Did you try the New Age 1453 campaign with the 2.3.6 version?

Milanese family members have no texture in battle.

What's the problem?

Hi I have problem with whole mod. I downloaded and installed it according to instruction in Uanime5 post. When I have started bat file (Vista one, I have windows 7, XP one don't work as well) mod loaded and then i picked country and loading screen appeared. After loading finish it crash to deskop. I attach system log (it says that they are missing files [portraits, cursors]).
    system.log.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Canakast View Post
    What's the problem?

You haven't added the shared.sd and strategy.sd to the "Medieval II Total War\data\ui". You can find these files in your "Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\ui" folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothur View Post
    Hi I have problem with whole mod. I downloaded and installed it according to instruction in Uanime5 post. When I have started bat file (Vista one, I have windows 7, XP one don't work as well) mod loaded and then i picked country and loading screen appeared. After loading finish it crash to deskop. I attach system log (it says that they are missing files [portraits, cursors]).
    system.log.txt
    You're missing the rajaput_king.cas. I've attached it to this post. To install download the rajaput_king.rar, unpack it, and put the rajaput_king.cas in your "Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\models_strat" folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by uanime5; February 15, 2014 at 06:13 PM.

Whenever I try to run the 3/1453 campaign, it loads/copies all the files, then the game crashes before it even gets to the main menu. I've tried reinstalling the mod several times now but it doesn't seem to be fixing it. I'm guessing that I've installed the mod correctly though since most of the other campaigns are working fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kdub22; February 20, 2014 at 02:59 AM.

Hi. There's a historical error at 1500 campaign. Belgrade is Ottomans' but it shouldn't. I believe it is first conquered by Ottomans in year 1526 or something like that. It should belong to Hungary. Thanks

But anyway, I have found a way to fix this problem and I edited descr_strat.txt. Now the city belongs to the Hungary now

Hey, guys, I'm trying to uninstall this mod. It says I have to delete "Medieval II Total War\data\ui\shared.sd" file but I have two shared.sd files (SD file and XML document). Should I delete both?

Also, I have to delete 'Medieval II Total War\data\ui\strategy.sd' file. Will deleting that file harm the original game?

Hi. I've followed uanime5's instructions on hot to install the game but the game crashes out after showing M2TW loading page.The only thing that appears after crashing is a yellow triangle with an exclamation point (?)Do you guys know what I did wrong?
    I extracted 2.0 in mods folder, then moved ui to data folder, then i extracted 2.2 to mods/conquest/data, extracted 2.3.3 to Main M2TW folder, then extracted 2.3.5 to mods/conquest/data then extracted 2.3.6 to main M2TW folder. Then i downloaded the 2.3 and True conquest bat.files and extracted them to main M2TW folder.

First, I'm enjoying the 1326 4 Khanates campaign. What I've noticed is two problems:
    1) The family tree icon is missing and so there's no way to see it and then make a decision about adoptions based upon who's married and present offspring.

2) I play a lot of custom battles and it's crashing.

I used to play the Empires campaign a lot and I don't recall ever seeing the custom battles crash or the family tree bug. Odd no?

Some thoughts:
    1) After years of playing many different mods, it seems to me that two of the best ways to help the AI is to turn on hording such that small AI kingdoms get a chance to begin again.

2) If the descr_strat begins with the named characters being married with at least one male heir in their family tree, then things work out better. Initially gifting the named married generals some WifeIsNoble, WifeIsWise, WifeIsFerile, WifeIsCharming results in them having far more useful children later all of which makes the AI last longer and lead better too. Obviously some negative traits might be in order for balance.

3) If you configured the descr_walls to fire trebuchet shot from the main ballista towers, then I think this would actually be more fun for the player but won't hurt the AI at all. It makes it far more difficult to run over the AI.

Regarding Japan (Nippon), there were very valid reasons that Japan was only in the lower islands which make up Honshu, Kyushu, and Shikoku. Hokkaido was very cold and populated by the Ainu. While Nippon had real problems due to population density and a lack of adequate agriculture for those areas, to relocate to Hokkaido was beyond their capacity.

Things were very turbulent with lots of warring clans from Kamakura through Sengoku, and so probably you'd have lots and lots of rebellion in the descr_rebel_factions plus spawn in rebel samurai, plus have forts in multiple locations (say ten or so) that must be cleared. That's why it's going to be forever before they could try for Korea, and when they do, the Korean navy plus their archers (Gungdo) are really going to make it difficult for the samurai.

The 1326 campaign if it was extended from that date through 1648 would be very interesting if you applied my suggestions. The player shouldn't realistically be able to win with Japan, but they could remove all rebellion by 1550 or so, clear out all of the forts, unify Japan, and if they then tried to have a much later Imjin War with Korea, there's a chance they would be successful and be able to take on part of the settlements of China.

A 1250 campaign in which the Mongols send a mixed invasion of Mongol, Chinese, and Korea troops in 1274 but without a typhoon, would make the Japanese have their hands full. I'll bet a lot of the players would enjoy playing as the Mongols from that time period as well.

When playing a standard game, the Koreans get run over too easily and of course this isn't historically correct. The Tokugawa era actually resulted in a decline of the samurai in their martial arts fitness, and so while they might be able to flourish with the some very fine artistic efforts, that would probably come at a true cost of more and more bureaucracy and very limited ability to create new replacement samurai. Unification results in less and less ability to get the caliber of troops, and such artistic efforts might also reduce their generals being able to command as well.

Budo flourished because of a lot of ronin and samurai being wistful about missing their chance during the Sengoku era. If Budo flourishes and less art like the Willow World (the geishas), then there will be less gambling, less expenditures of frivolous things, and the martial tradition might grow enough to be a serious contender for Chinese lands.

Chinese martial arts were equally important, and the same would be true for them with expansion in Japan. If China held those Japanese cities with Budo being present there, China would be unstoppable in Asia. Of course they cannot compete if HRE grows with their extremely strong armoured Gothic Knights.

The rise of the professional soldier during this period of 1326 and onwards, means more and more money for all of the kingdoms because of not having to pull from the serfs to wage war. But it's fairly equal across the board, and so results in stalemate after stalemate attacking settlements. It should be really difficult (on say a special campaign script based upon the hardest difficulty) with large loss of life to take more and more terrain.

It's still a fantastic mod after all of these years.

EDIT1:
    While there have been Asian settlements made, they haven't figured out how to animate their destruction. As such, an artist could merely replace the aztec settlements with middle eastern ones BUT merely change the texture files that cover those middle eastern one so that it looks like this:

Then the walls would still come tumbling down when hit by trebuchet or later cannons, and they wouldn't be significantly different. The pagodas are nice, or the tech tree buildings, but the actual settlement walls could look identical as long as they're retextured only. You can't easily alter the pitch of the talused walls as above, but a good artist might be able to skew the texture file so it looks like it's pitched.

As you can see, the talused walls were used everywhere later. Here's one from the Middle East:

If one IWTE modder would make a tallused wall Huge City settlement with the animated destroyable walls, then it could be used over and over in every mod by merely retexturing over that talus. Krak de Chevalier's could look the same as Osaka Castle. It wouldn't be perfect but it would be a huge leap forward.

The strength of the Eras Conquest mod is that if the Memory Editing project succeeds (which I believe it easily will), then your mod could suddenly be the one in which you could have a 970 -1648 campaign with all of the various units, and perhaps with a lot more regions, and you'd essentially have a MTW2 Kingdoms Europa Universalis hybrid.

EDIT1:
    The custom battles glitch is an known one. Thanks to the Holy Pilgrim for an old post made in which he clearly stated NOT to select all eras when playing custom battles. Due to all of the wonderful AoR units, it exceeds the limit of the engine and causes a CTD.

It works fine as long as that isn't selected.
    Last edited by RubiconDecision; May 25, 2014 at 01:18 PM.

I want to play the 1500 campaign but everytime I click on which faction to play and then click begin, it just goes back to the main menu and then when i press any other option it crashes to the desktop. Can someone help me? Its 2.3.6