Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Realm Divide Mod v2.0 (UPDATED FOR FotS)

Default Re: Realm Divide Mod v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    hey man.. awesome mod... i loaded a save game and played until realm divide but when realm divide happened, i had no diplomacy -'s but all factions exept allies declared war on me .. when i look at diplomacy tab, there is no realm divide effect but all of them are at war with me

i have these other mods installed: custom battle aff factions playable;
    swiss's unit add on;
    blood mod;
    cherry blossom's character skills mod;
    double unit size;
    all campaigns end 1640;
    half tech time;
    no realm divide effects;
    pain sounds;
    selahedinsimprovedmatchlockinfantry;
    As someone said, its something hard coded. the mod will allow you to keep existing alliances beyond RD (if you worked hard enough for it ofc) but factions not allied will sooner or later (often after 1-3 turns) declare war against you regardless.

Even if you bribe a clan to accept peace, create a trade agreement etc they will still join the war against you the following turn.

Tried to negotiate an alliance aswell? Peace is possible, if bribed enough. didnt have a chance to try alliance tho. will do in my current campaign.

Also rising clans will also join in on the war against you (not your vassals, but clans rising as rebels).

To sum it up, clans that aint allied or is allied with bad relationship will join together against you, even if they rise after RD.

i downlaoded the no effects one and instead my relations went down -200

RD working great now, held my alliance with Date and Ikko-Ikki, now on to wiping out the smaller clans

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar15 View Post
    i downlaoded the no effects one and instead my relations went down -200
    Did you start a new campaign after you copied the mod files?

The mod's great, but some clans are stubborn

Quote Originally Posted by Kollapsus View Post
    The mod's great, but some clans are stubborn
    They have different AI personalities. That makes the real divide effect with the mod different each time. But if you choose your allies carefully you should be able to keep at least some of them.

Can I drop this mod in mid-game? Or do I need to start a new campaign?

newt's Avatar Primicerius

It should work if you do it before realm divide

Have you guys tried getting those who have turned on you, back to your side, and then declaring war on your enemies?

Apparently you can use 7500 gold to modify relations +100 points as well.

When I vassaled after RD I also had them declare war on my enemies and that prevented them from backstabbing me the next turn. If i didnt they would chop off the hostage i sent to them. The problem problem is your allies declare on your vassals and I could never recover from that, causing me to eventually go bankrupt.

Yarkis,

You are a true hero to all who play that "miscarried child": Shogun 2.

You actually saved it.

Now we need some good historically accurate mod to make a game of it.

I still have realm divide with the mod installed (no RD mod). Because after i conquered my 25th province, realm divide triggered with the video saying something about tallest tree will be cut down by the axe blah blah blah. Or, does the video only show up without having any after effects? I put the mod pack file on my data folder and loaded up my game when it is already in "Acclaimed". Do I need to start a new game inorder for the mod to take effect? I mean the game I am currently playing is very close to realm divide already when I dropped the pack file on to the data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    I still have realm divide with the mod installed (no RD mod). Because after i conquered my 25th province, realm divide triggered with the video saying something about tallest tree will be cut down by the axe blah blah blah. Or, does the video only show up without having any after effects? I put the mod pack file on my data folder and loaded up my game when it is already in "Acclaimed". Do I need to start a new game inorder for the mod to take effect? I mean the game I am currently playing is very close to realm divide already when I dropped the pack file on to the data folder.
    The event will still show up with diminished effects. The mod will work with an ongoing game if RD wasn't trigered yet.

I'll give you all something to think about... how ahistorical and ultimately stupid Realm Divide is and how possibly to replace it in mods.

The Realm Unite

In 1568 great warlord Oda Nobunaga left Gifu with the greatest army ever seen numbering 60 000 man. Well... not quite. It would be impossible to feed such a number of troops when stationary. The core force numbered about 10 000 troops. The ranks swelled on the march as allies and subjugated enemies joined the force. The army of 60 000 moved in five columns, taking five routes to the capital.

The main reason for the expedition was a plea by Ashikaga Yoshiaki, who would later become 15th shogun, for a military expedition to reestablish his family rule in Kyoto. Indeed up to this point Ashikaga family was denied any real political power, divided by internal struggles and exiled out of capital city.

It is a well established fact, that up to that point, all requests of Sengoku period's shoguns were met with polite but meaningless responses (like sending a cute poem). On the other hand: the Shogun had never tried to force his will, because refusal would cost him loosing face - and loosing face in Japan means death.

The newly reestablished shogunate would not last long as it was a mere puppet position on top of a high hierarchy of puppets that arose throughout Japan's history. The true ruler was Nobunaga, though he would never assume the role of the shogun, neither would his successor Toyotomi.

The concept

To make the game more challenging, without making it total nonsense, it would be more reasonable to give player a dilemma: to support shogun or not? If you don't you will risk being conquered later on as Ashikaga will immediately declare war on you (and so will their new allies and their allies). Supporting the shogun means allying with Ashikaga, racing to Kyoto and defending it from incoming forces of unfriendly factions. If you fail then the tables will be turned.

This dilemma is in fact splitting the Japan in two alliances: pro shogun and against shogun. You keep your friends, allies and wassals and your political bonds become even tighter. Your objective is to conquer or subjugate enemy clans in the name of the shogun. However, once the conquest is done, you may annihilate the Ashikagas and any other opposition and take the post yourself.

If the Kyoto is taken before earning the dilemma status, the new shogun will spawn the dilemma 4 turns later.

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by Steamloller; August 06, 2011 at 05:01 AM.

I just hit RD on easy and my relations with everyone that I've met are Very Friendly, but they still all declared war on me. I tried making peace but they declared war on me again

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Quote Originally Posted by Fynl View Post
    I just hit RD on easy and my relations with everyone that I've met are Very Friendly, but they still all declared war on me. I tried making peace but they declared war on me again
    This is part of the Realm Divide game mechanic. All modders can really do at this point of understanding is to drastically reduce the diplomatic hit, so that the allifications you have made continue without damage.

The only way to complete a campaign wherein no mass declarations of war occur (I refer here to RD) is to increase the RD threshold (a numerical value) to a point where, even if you took all 65 territories and had a huge amount of heroic victories, you still wouldn't reach realm divide. Fortunately for you, I believe there is such a mod.

Edit: Found it. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=465857
    Last edited by Akaie; August 08, 2011 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton93 View Post
    This is part of the Realm Divide game mechanic. All modders can really do at this point of understanding is to drastically reduce the diplomatic hit, so that the allifications you have made continue without damage.

The only way to complete a campaign wherein no mass declarations of war occur (I refer here to RD) is to increase the RD threshold (a numerical value) to a point where, even if you took all 65 territories and had a huge amount of heroic victories, you still wouldn't reach realm divide. Fortunately for you, I believe there is such a mod.

Edit: Found it. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=465857
    Ah, I see, thank you, I'll take a look at that. The reason I posted was because when I was playing as the shimazu with no mods, realm divide wasn't anything more than a penalty each turn, no one declared war right away (not even the shogun) and no one backstabbed or broke alliances, at least until the penalty hit around -150. I don't know if it had something with me taking Kyoto right away, but the fact that everyone either declared or joined in war was disheartening.

This mod works perfectly well. Its just that when I take over kyoto all clans declare war on me no matter what. Is there a way you can fix this? It would mean alot to me. I would like to rule japan with a soft touch instead of an iron hand. I don't like going to war with the other clans.

-x- Jessie

So just drop this into the data folder and good to go? does it work for games/campaigns already in progress?

Having trouble unzipping the .pack file tried using both 7zip and winzip.... how big is the unzipped file??

How do I know the mod was installed correctly? How big is the unzipped mod? Thanks! Buzzed and I suck at computers I moved the packed over to what I am sure is the correct location.