Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Realm Divide Mod v2.0 (UPDATED FOR FotS)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Realm Divide Mod v2.0 (UPDATED FOR FotS)

Realm Divide Mod v2.0

UPDATED 05 April 2012: The mod now works with FotS too!

This mod changes the realm divide event significantly. Instead of a low initial diplomacy hit which adds up every turn by -5 points until you get a -200 penalty, you get a moderate initial hit (around -55 on normal difficulty) which gets reduced every turn by -4 points. That way allies and factions you have good relations with may stay on your side and diplomacy doesn't become impossible after the realm divide event.

The mod also contains some minor diplomatic adjustments: financial gifts and giving away you children as hostages both have longer lasting diplomatic effects (reduction of the effects each turn is now -4 instead of -5).

NEW: Very small realm divide effect version! This version of the mod was requested by some people and reduces the diplomatic effects of the realm divide event even more. USE EITHER THIS OR THE STANDARD VERSION!

INSTALLATION

Unzip the archive and drop the pack file into your ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data directory. The pack is a movie files and does not need to be enabled. To deinstall just delete the pack file.

Many thanks to Taw for releasing his file converter for Shogun!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; October 31, 2015 at 03:13 AM.

Default Re: Realm Divide Mod v1.0

HOORAY

Oh man tx a lot.This is great

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

You're the man.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Is it savegame compatible? And thank you. That's awesome

By the way, is the cap still at -200?
    Last edited by Abriael; March 20, 2011 at 03:44 PM.

Yes, it is savegame compatible. Please post how the game resolves with the mod so I can make adjustements if neccessary.

Thank you for this! realm divide sucks the fun out of my campaign!

Is it possible to change separtly the reputation lose rates of your allies and vassals or are both the same script? I ask this because if possible we shouldn't lose vassal reputation at all, it doesn't make any sense losing.
    "The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned. " - Antonio Gramsci

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." - Rosa Luxembourg

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    Is it possible to change separtly the reputation lose rates of your allies and vassals or are both the same script? I ask this because if possible we shouldn't lose vassal reputation at all, it doesn't make any sense losing.
    No, not possible. The mod is not based on a script but three variables: amount of the initial diplomatic penalty, change per turn and upper or lower limit it can reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    What program do you use them to open the pack file, so I can create my custom variables?
    Taw's file converter. It's in the mod tools subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by Masher8559 View Post
    I have a question, do all of the a.i clans still make peace with each other and ally up? or will they continue on as normal and keep their wars after the penalty has been reduced right down?
    Theoretically the diplomacy gets back to normal, but with the event many clans will start a war against you.

I am playing as normal long campain actually.
    Had a save -1 turn to be shogun.

So when RD occur
    I see that i still get some -300/-400 but also many -180/-200 this is much better
    Tried with diplomacy to cease-fire ( with old allies ) + gift to resorb the -200 but after 1/2 turn it come back to -180 ( with the + 60 due to a gift )
    I still not understand why i have some "allied to ennemy - 64 (+)"
    I'm not shure but it look like the "war -XX" increase a bit 4/5 next turn after realm divide

Thanks a lot for your work.You will save my pleasure in campain ^^
    Last edited by Froggie38; March 20, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggie38 View Post
    I am playing as normal long campain actually.
    Had a save -1 turn to be shogun.

So when RD occur
    I see that i still get some -300/-400 but also many -180/-200 this is much better
    Tried with diplomacy to cease-fire ( with old allies ) + gift to resorb the -200 but after 1/2 turn it come back to -180 ( with the + 60 due to a gift )
    I still not understand why i have some "allied to ennemy - 64 (+)"
    I'm not shure but it look like the "war -XX" increase a bit 4/5 next turn after realm divide

Thanks a lot for your work.You will save my pleasure in campain ^^
    How much was the impact of only the RD event with the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    How much was the impact of only the RD event with the mod?
    I would say -200 with the mod

I just finished some more test.
    I turtle for 15 Years ( not turn ) Defend myself trying to calmdown everyone.
    Made several different save with different diplomatic approach.

After 10 years the war minus stop but dont rise up it stay at ~ -160.
    After 10 years 90% of the negatives effect are goone.( like -30 for using ninja .... )

At this moment 75% faction are at -120 to me.
    But every time i make peace/trading right/marriage/even pay to ally the following turn they all come back at war with me.
    With luck i go to +60 with one faction but they betrayed me in 1 turn

So it stay like :

War - 120
    Honor +20
    Religion +10

And in 5 years it doesnt move.

Edit : I think the 2nd Major problem is the fact that it look like no peace is possible after RD

2nd Edit : I think the best ( for me ) will be a RD remover mod.Like this when you want to take Shogunate you will only war with they're direct ally.Like other TW finally...
    Last edited by Froggie38; March 20, 2011 at 06:06 PM.

What program do you use them to open the pack file, so I can create my custom variables?
    "The challenge of modernity is to live without illusions and without becoming disillusioned. " - Antonio Gramsci

"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains." - Rosa Luxembourg

I have a question, do all of the a.i clans still make peace with each other and ally up? or will they continue on as normal and keep their wars after the penalty has been reduced right down?

Can you gain Steam achievements with this mod???

Quote Originally Posted by tab16 View Post
    Can you gain Steam achievements with this mod???
    you could in napoleon with similar mods, so it's very probable that you still can

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

interesting.. might try this out

I tried this, and I noticed that the cap is still -200. I do think that's largely excessive (and it's the biggest part of the problem, the fast progression isn't as bad). I would reduce the cap to -100 (the opposite cap as gifts, that are capped at 100). That would make the mechanic much more balanced.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Is it better or worse with this mod?
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast